Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 515

Thread: 'War-weary' Obama says Syria chemical attack requires response

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: "No boots on the ground in Syria," Says Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Oh I see. Obama personally demanded that Hasan not be charged with terrorism just like how he personally oversaw everything bad that's happened in America ever. Now that I see you're one of those types and know I can stop talking to you.
    Obama may be the most incompetent Commander in Chief of the U.S. military in history but he is still the one who issues the orders.

  2. #132
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: "No boots on the ground in Syria," Says Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    I like your Vegas location. His Dems are split 50-50. I see it connected to the Amash amendment and the NSA. The Nation is war-weary. I believe the President is listening. Hence, the call for a Congressional vote. Therefore, he's not going down alone on this one.
    well yeah.. he is listening.... via the NSA.... but he sure isn't listening to the people about Syria, he doesn't have popular support for bombing Syria.. the opposite is true.

    it doesn't matter much... we're gonna bomb Syria, despite having little to no support from the people or most of our allies...Congress will vote to bomb, they always do.

    I think Congress with cover their ass though.... they'll give consent to Obama to bomb, if, and only if, he deems it necessary....they'll put it on him to decide, just like they did for Bush. ( then bitch about his decision later)

  3. #133
    Advisor aberrant85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Last Seen
    10-04-15 @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    594

    Re: "No boots on the ground in Syria," Says Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Do you know why Osama bin Laden decided to attack America on it's own soil and thinking they could get away with it ?

    Now if you were underage in 1993 or didn't read the newspapers or were just uninformed, maybe you can be given a pass.

    Osma bin Laden explained why he was going to attack America on it's own soil. It had to do not with President Clinton's actions but inactions. Bin Laden looked upon Clinton as being a pantywaist. Bin Laden made the mistake thinking that G.W. Bush was also a pantywaist but Bush was completely the opposite.
    I love it! It truly takes a special kind of mind to be the kind of Islamophobic warmongering Neo-con that supported all of Bush's war plans as long as they were even remotely connected to fighting the terrorists who "hate our freedoms," are homicidal and suicidal maniacs, and are the antitheses of all we hold dear, and yet gives Bin Laden the benefit of the doubt for his stated justification for attacking the US in '93. I guess it would also be fair then to point out that the only reason he hated the US in the first place was because we placed troops in Saudi Arabia during Desert Shield/Storm, but I'm not going to hold that against Bush Sr. Why should American presidents be blamed for the psychotic reactions of a madman to their foreign policies?

    Can I assume you were the kind of hysteric conservative that focused all dialogue after the Benghazi attacks on what the State Department/White House/Susan Rice knew and what they were covering up, rather than asking who actually committed the attacks and what we were doing to pursue them??

  4. #134
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: "No boots on the ground in Syria," Says Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    well yeah.. he is listening.... via the NSA.... but he sure isn't listening to the people about Syria, he doesn't have popular support for bombing Syria.. the opposite is true.
    I don't like running foreign policy by public opinion.

    it doesn't matter much... we're gonna bomb Syria, despite having little to no support from the people or most of our allies...Congress will vote to bomb, they always do.
    I believe the Amash vote has created a serious schism with defense, with two different coalitions across party lines.

    I think Congress with cover their ass though.... they'll give consent to Obama to bomb, if, and only if, he deems it necessary....they'll put it on him to decide, just like they did for Bush. ( then bitch about his decision later)
    I am a betting man on sports, legally, when I'm in Nevada. I would not bet on this. My gut aches for the POTUS, our Congress, the Syrian good guys whoever they are, but especially for our Military Personnel.

  5. #135
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: "No boots on the ground in Syria," Says Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Obama may be the most incompetent Commander in Chief of the U.S. military in history but he is still the one who issues the orders.
    Yeah, he was elected for a second term by idiots, it's like an idiot with a following of idiots. Amazing what this county have become, a majority of idiots.........
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  6. #136
    Advisor aberrant85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Last Seen
    10-04-15 @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    594

    Re: "No boots on the ground in Syria," Says Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Yeah, he was elected for a second term by idiots, it's like an idiot with a following of idiots. Amazing what this county have become, a majority of idiots.........
    I think this violates that ad hominem attack rules of the forum. What exactly makes him an idiot and what exactly makes his followers idiots? Try and articulate your thoughts into an argument.

    Vroom, vroooom!! I like your motorcycle!

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: "No boots on the ground in Syria," Says Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by aberrant85 View Post
    I love it! It truly takes a special kind of mind to be the kind of Islamophobic warmongering Neo-con that supported all of Bush's war plans as long as they were even remotely connected to fighting the terrorists who "hate our freedoms," are homicidal and suicidal maniacs, and are the antitheses of all we hold dear, and yet gives Bin Laden the benefit of the doubt for his stated justification for attacking the US in '93. I guess it would also be fair then to point out that the only reason he hated the US in the first place was because we placed troops in Saudi Arabia during Desert Shield/Storm, but I'm not going to hold that against Bush Sr. Why should American presidents be blamed for the psychotic reactions of a madman to their foreign policies?


    Can I assume you were the kind of hysteric conservative that focused all dialogue after the Benghazi attacks on what the State Department/White House/Susan Rice knew and what they were covering up, rather than asking who actually committed the attacks and what we were doing to pursue them??
    Read the Fatwa. In the beginning it was about American troops being in Saudia Arabia. It was our cut and running away from Somalia that Bin Laden looked upon America being a paper tiger and he came to the wrong conclusion that when Al Qaeda attacked America on it's own soil on 9-11-01 that Bush's response would be the same as Clinton's launch some cruise missiles.

    Re: Benghazi

    Many of us are very informed. We noticed the Al Qaeda black flags flying over Libya right after Qaddafi was sodomized and murdered. And many of us are smarter than some to know that you don't bring heavy AA machineguns and mortars to a rally protesting a You Tube video. And with in 24 hours most of us knew it was Al Qaeda not a You Tube video.

    Some Americans have no problem being lied too by their President while others like myself do have a problem being lied too.

    BTW: You do know the difference between a neo-con (neoconservative) and a conservative ? Neoconservatives have more in common with liberal Democrats than Republican conservatives. May be because the neo-cons use to be liberal Democrats who came under the GOP tent during the 70's when the New Left (radical left) gained control of the Democrat Party. Those same radical leftist who hide behind the labels of liberal and progressive.

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: "No boots on the ground in Syria," Says Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Yeah, he was elected for a second term by idiots, it's like an idiot with a following of idiots. Amazing what this county have become, a majority of idiots.........
    Actually he was given a second chance by those who were so embarrassed that they voted for an unqualified and incompetent man for President in 2008 and were hoping that Obama would redeem himself after four years of failure.

    But there are those who did vote to reelect Obama because they have a monkey on their backs and want more free stuff.

  9. #139
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,039
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: "No boots on the ground in Syria," Says Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Actually he was given a second chance by those who were so embarrassed that they voted for an unqualified and incompetent man for President in 2008 and were hoping that Obama would redeem himself after four years of failure.

    But there are those who did vote to reelect Obama because they have a monkey on their backs and want more free stuff.
    I wouldn't be so quick to lambast Obama as incompetent. Republican nominee got Mitt Romney got trounced by a fairly large margin. His failures, perceived or otherwise, were not enough to get Americans to vote for the opposition. Keep that in mind that no matter how horrible you want to make Obama out to be, he crushed the oppposition. It wasn't close.

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: "No boots on the ground in Syria," Says Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    I wouldn't be so quick to lambast Obama as incompetent. .
    Incompetent is a no brainer. Within a few months after Obama took the oath of POTUS twice, he couldn't even get it right the first time, he soon discovered that the job of POTUS was bigger than he was.

    Then we have the Commander in Chief of our military services and if Obama were a flag officer he would have been tried under Article 92 under the UCMJ. DERELICTION OF DUTY.

Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •