Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 182

Thread: 1,429 people were killed by a chemical attack carried out by Syrian Gov- US gov claim

  1. #71
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,264

    Re: 1,429 people were killed by a chemical attack carried out by Syrian Gov- US gov c

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    Toward what end? Who would run a post-Assad Syria? How would the U.S. manage the twin risks of insurgency from the defeated pro-Assad forces and their allies and anti-U.S. terrorism from many of the elements that comprise the anti-Assad forces?

    This would require a long commitment, much money, and substantial manpower necessary to pacify the country.

    I'm not happy living in a world where we allow dictatorships to fire of WMD's I think we will set a precedent that other radical countries will be more than happy to test if we allow Syria to go unpunished. I also think if we do nothing then the Iraq war would have been a complete waste since we are still allowing dictators in the region to use chemical weapons. Maybe my service tour is Iraq makes me slightly biased when it comes to this but unfortunately this is just how I feel.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  2. #72
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: 1,429 people were killed by a chemical attack carried out by Syrian Gov- US gov c

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    As world leaders it is your problem. Like I said if you allow a country like Syria to fire chemical weapons whats stopping other countries following their lead?
    It hasn't been confirmed, A and B, they haven't attacked us. We have rules at home you know. First of all, 91% of Americans oppose military action in Syria, secondly, our congress declares war according to our constitution and finally we have to present our case to the UN and if its a strong case, then we will receive authorization, if its not, as is this case for nearly three years now, you need only one permanent member of the security council to veto it, and there have been two vetoes consistently. So following the appropriate channels, the answer is NO!

  3. #73
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: 1,429 people were killed by a chemical attack carried out by Syrian Gov- US gov c

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    I'm not happy living in a world where we allow dictatorships to fire of WMD's I think we will set a precedent that other radical countries will be more than happy to test if we allow Syria to go unpunished. I also think if we do nothing then the Iraq war would have been a complete waste since we are still allowing dictators in the region to use chemical weapons. Maybe my service tour is Iraq makes me slightly biased when it comes to this but unfortunately this is just how I feel.
    The Iraq war already was a complete waste. Boy, your quite the war monger.

  4. #74
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,264

    Re: 1,429 people were killed by a chemical attack carried out by Syrian Gov- US gov c

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    The Iraq war already was a complete waste. Boy, your quite the war monger.
    I didn't see my tour in Basra as a waste and during my time there we worked with the locals to improve everyday life and infrastructure.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  5. #75
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,264

    Re: 1,429 people were killed by a chemical attack carried out by Syrian Gov- US gov c

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It hasn't been confirmed, A and B, they haven't attacked us. We have rules at home you know. First of all, 91% of Americans oppose military action in Syria, secondly, our congress declares war according to our constitution and finally we have to present our case to the UN and if its a strong case, then we will receive authorization, if its not, as is this case for nearly three years now, you need only one permanent member of the security council to veto it, and there have been two vetoes consistently. So following the appropriate channels, the answer is NO!
    91%? I read 50% today
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  6. #76
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: 1,429 people were killed by a chemical attack carried out by Syrian Gov- US gov c

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    91%? I read 50% today

    Yes well you missed the poll put up Tuesday, it was 91%, but as the government keeps spinning there lies expect that number to drop to 20%, because Americans never learn, some of the most gullible people on earth, can be lied to over and over and over, but will still be Rah Rah, the yanks are coming.
    Last edited by Montecresto; 08-30-13 at 09:38 PM.

  7. #77
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: 1,429 people were killed by a chemical attack carried out by Syrian Gov- US gov c

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Then why weren't we invading Damascus in the 90s?

    And don't use the word "oil".
    Because Syria was an ally during the first gulf war and the no fly zone period.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

  8. #78
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: 1,429 people were killed by a chemical attack carried out by Syrian Gov- US gov c

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    91%? I read 50% today

    You failed to speak to the rest of the post.

  9. #79
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,264

    Re: 1,429 people were killed by a chemical attack carried out by Syrian Gov- US gov c

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    You failed to speak to the rest of the post.
    Because I disregarded it. Russia and China will of course veto it as they have horses in the race doesn't make it right though and we have gone over their heads before.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: 1,429 people were killed by a chemical attack carried out by Syrian Gov- US gov c

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    History never fails to come back and bite the Libbos in the ass.
    And conservatives never cease repeating historical falsehoods, even when shown to be total lies. They have no shame. Just an agenda.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •