Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 182

Thread: 1,429 people were killed by a chemical attack carried out by Syrian Gov- US gov claim

  1. #51
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: 1,429 people were killed by a chemical attack carried out by Syrian Gov- US gov c

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    People scoffed when Bush said Iraq was bypassing UN inspectors by moving WMDs to Syria...
    People scoffed because it was "highly unlikely" that it ever happened.


    Syria and Iran are strategic allies. Syria is often called Iran's "closest ally",[1] ideological conflict between the Arab nationalism ideology of Syria's secular ruling Baath party and the Islamic Republic of Iran's pan-Islamist policies notwithstanding. Iran and Syria have had a strategic alliance ever since the Iran–Iraq War, when Syria sided with non-Arab Iran against its fellow Baath-ruled neighbor but enemy Iraq and was isolated by some Arab countries.[2] The two countries shared a common animosity towards Saddam Hussein and coordination against the United States and Israel. Syria cooperates with Iran in smuggling arms to the Hisbollah in Lebanon, since Israel has attacked Syria.[3] During the Syrian Civil war Iran has conducted "an extensive, expensive, and integrated effort to keep President Bashar al-Assad in power."[4]...

    Iran

  2. #52
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: 1,429 people were killed by a chemical attack carried out by Syrian Gov- US gov c

    Precedent was set for this during the Reagan regime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    As world leaders it is your problem. Like I said if you allow a country like Syria to fire chemical weapons whats stopping other countries following their lead?

  3. #53
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: 1,429 people were killed by a chemical attack carried out by Syrian Gov- US gov c

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    As world leaders it is your problem. Like I said if you allow a country like Syria to fire chemical weapons whats stopping other countries following their lead?
    I'm not the world police and it is not my problem. Any country can do as they like so long as they do not threaten American sovereignty proper.

    If y'all want us to be the world police, fine, America can take over the globe, and you'll all be funding our military. Till then, pay your own way.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #54
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: 1,429 people were killed by a chemical attack carried out by Syrian Gov- US gov c

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Precedent was set for this during the Reagan regime.
    Funding drug lords in Central America while selling arms to Iran?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #55
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: 1,429 people were killed by a chemical attack carried out by Syrian Gov- US gov c

    That one also. I bet this line has no end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Funding drug lords in Central America while selling arms to Iran?

  6. #56
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,253

    Re: 1,429 people were killed by a chemical attack carried out by Syrian Gov- US gov c

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I'm not the world police and it is not my problem. Any country can do as they like so long as they do not threaten American sovereignty proper.

    If y'all want us to be the world police, fine, America can take over the globe, and you'll all be funding our military. Till then, pay your own way.
    you have bases all over the world already....You run the show.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  7. #57
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: 1,429 people were killed by a chemical attack carried out by Syrian Gov- US gov c

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    And they were destroyed after the gulf war according the head of the Iraq WMD project who defected to the Germans in the mid 1990s... that is a well known fact.
    Not to mention that chemical weapons degrade over time and so with the UN US embargo, heavily monitored 'no fly zones' and surrounded by enemy states it is highly unlikely that Iraq had chemical weapons or shipped any to Syria who allied with Iran, Saddams mortal enemy.

  8. #58
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: 1,429 people were killed by a chemical attack carried out by Syrian Gov- US gov c

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    you have bases all over the world already....You run the show.
    Then submit to American superiority. Make us the Sovereign of the West. The EU can be like a little State for us, we'll give you guys 2 senators and....I don't know, let's say 12 Representatives. Pay taxes to us, fund our military, serve in our military, and we can be world police.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #59
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,253

    Re: 1,429 people were killed by a chemical attack carried out by Syrian Gov- US gov c

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Then submit to American superiority. Make us the Sovereign of the West. The EU can be like a little State for us, we'll give you guys 2 senators and....I don't know, let's say 12 Representatives. Pay taxes to us, fund our military, serve in our military, and we can be world police.

    Lets not get carried away. However you have bases worldwide and your military arm reaches everywhere, the US watches what we do and tells us when to act. Problem with some of you posters on here is that you want to have your cake and eat it, if you don't want to get involved in these kinds of conflicts I suggest you write to your senator and demand that the US military pull back all its forces worldwide and protect only its own borders. Until then you have to accept the world is going to look to the US to deal with these situations and to be honest so far the US government is happy to oblige.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  10. #60
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: 1,429 people were killed by a chemical attack carried out by Syrian Gov- US gov c

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    Lets not get carried away. However you have bases worldwide and your military arm reaches everywhere, the US watches what we do and tells us when to act. Problem with some of you posters on here is that you want to have your cake and eat it, if you don't want to get involved in these kinds of conflicts I suggest you write to your senator and demand that the US military pull back all its forces worldwide and protect only its own borders. Until then you have to accept the world is going to look to the US to deal with these situations and to be honest so far the US government is happy to oblige.
    I don't necessarily want those bases. But if you want us to act as World Police, then I think you need to support the role. Pay up, pay homage, and maybe. Otherwise, take care of your own trash. Send Brits to go die in the Syrian sand, I'm tired of sacrificial Americans for conflicts that are not our problem.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •