Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 182

Thread: 1,429 people were killed by a chemical attack carried out by Syrian Gov- US gov claim

  1. #141
    Guru
    Ben K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,717

    1,429 people were killed by a chemical attack carried out by Syrian Gov- US gov

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    The White house says that the Assad government used the chemical weaponry and they have less credibility than the Examiner.
    How exactly does credibility work by comparison? Either they have it or they dont. The examiner doesnt.

  2. #142
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: 1,429 people were killed by a chemical attack carried out by Syrian Gov- US gov c

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I'm not saying that it's been proven that chem attacks were launched by Assad's forces. However, the idea that rebel infantrymen were carry man-portable chemical weapons borders on the ridiculous.

    Someone popped some gas, though and the evidence leans more toward government forces than rebel forces. That's just the reality.
    Leaning toward?!?!?! Very nice. You do not attack a country and start killing people and destroying national and personal property because your leaning toward something. Action that serious in nature requires concrete proof. Then with that you may secure the necessary UN authorization. Our own constitution protects us as individuals against prosecution and conviction on such sketchy evidence.

  3. #143
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: 1,429 people were killed by a chemical attack carried out by Syrian Gov- US gov

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben K. View Post
    How exactly does credibility work by comparison? Either they have it or they dont. The examiner doesnt.
    The examiner is always wrong you mean, so they have zero credibility? Or if your wrong now and then you have zero credibility, because if its the latter, you convict the White House as well.

  4. #144
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: 1,429 people were killed by a chemical attack carried out by Syrian Gov- US gov c

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Leaning toward?!?!?! Very nice. You do not attack a country and start killing people and destroying national and personal property because your leaning toward something. Action that serious in nature requires concrete proof. Then with that you may secure the necessary UN authorization. Our own constitution protects us as individuals against prosecution and conviction on such sketchy evidence.
    I don't think we should do crap, no matter who popped smoke. However, let's don't sit around and use improbabilities to justify NOT doing something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #145
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: 1,429 people were killed by a chemical attack carried out by Syrian Gov- US gov c

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Leaning toward?!?!?! Very nice. You do not attack a country and start killing people and destroying national and personal property because your leaning toward something. Action that serious in nature requires concrete proof. Then with that you may secure the necessary UN authorization. Our own constitution protects us as individuals against prosecution and conviction on such sketchy evidence.
    I agree that we shouldn't attack just because Obama and Kerry are "leaning toward something" but I fear this is more about Obama's machismo than anything else. There were a lot of good reasons to get involved in the conflict when it first arose but those windows have closed because Obama can't figure out what his international policy is. Thus far it really looks like Mr. Hollywood is only worried about his image.

    I also get a kick out of those who say UN approval is necessary for military actions. Liberal politicians scream this from the rooftops until a liberal president finds this "requirement" too inconvenient, and the liberal sheeple moan a little, never taking action to oppose their liberal president on the same principles that drove them to the streets in riotous protests when a conservative president did the same.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  6. #146
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: 1,429 people were killed by a chemical attack carried out by Syrian Gov- US gov c

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    I agree that we shouldn't attack just because Obama and Kerry are "leaning toward something" but I fear this is more about Obama's machismo than anything else. There were a lot of good reasons to get involved in the conflict when it first arose but those windows have closed because Obama can't figure out what his international policy is. Thus far it really looks like Mr. Hollywood is only worried about his image.

    I also get a kick out of those who say UN approval is necessary for military actions. Liberal politicians scream this from the rooftops until a liberal president finds this "requirement" too inconvenient, and the liberal sheeple moan a little, never taking action to oppose their liberal president on the same principles that drove them to the streets in riotous protests when a conservative president did the same.
    Sorry GPS, but the window has never been open. Support from the American people is hugely lacking. Approval from congress was never (until just now) sought and authorization from the UN has been steadfastly denied!

  7. #147
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,857

    Re: 1,429 people were killed by a chemical attack carried out by Syrian Gov- US gov c

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    But, the outrageous idea of grunts hand carrying and delivering chemical weapons is of no concequence.
    I just asked you to back up your claim. Apparently its too much to ask. You were wrong. Gavlak does in fact work for the AP despite you adamantly saying he didn't.

    It's ok to admit you are wrong when you are wrong you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  8. #148
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: 1,429 people were killed by a chemical attack carried out by Syrian Gov- US gov c

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I just asked you to back up your claim. Apparently its too much to ask. You were wrong. Gavlak does in fact work for the AP despite you adamantly saying he didn't.

    It's ok to admit you are wrong when you are wrong you know?
    It's irrelevant to the conversation. Ok, Gavlak is an AP reporter. There! Happy? Does that change the fact that it's a stretch to suggest that rebel infantrymen were carrying enough chemical agents on their person to kill 1400 civilians and not all the rebels, too? No, it doesn't. Individual soldiers aren't used a delivery system for nerve agents. Unless YOU can provide us with evidence to prove me wrong. We'll be anxiously waiting...
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #149
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,857

    Re: 1,429 people were killed by a chemical attack carried out by Syrian Gov- US gov c

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's irrelevant to the conversation.
    Well it sure seemed relevant enough at the time you made a thread boldly declaring it didn't you?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ok, Gavlak is an AP reporter. There! Happy?
    See? Why was that so hard? I simply was reading the thread and all I was trying to do was correct the record that you screwed up and you kept dodging for absolutely no reason. I appreciate you trying to pull me into a conversation you are framing. Don't really care to.

    Thx tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  10. #150
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: 1,429 people were killed by a chemical attack carried out by Syrian Gov- US gov c

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Well it sure seemed relevant enough at the time you made a thread boldly declaring it didn't you?



    See? Why was that so hard? I simply was reading the thread and all I was trying to do was correct the record that you screwed up and you kept dodging for absolutely no reason. I appreciate you trying to pull me into a conversation you are framing. Don't really care to.

    Thx tho.
    So, where's your evidence supporting this fairy tale?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •