Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 143

Thread: Jimmy Carter calls for Syria peace summit[W:33]

  1. #71
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,144

    Re: Jimmy Carter calls for Syria peace summit

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Yeah, that's the way to lead, brow beat fear into people. When fighting a monster one must guard against becoming a monster.
    are you suggesting we throw Obama into the abyss?

  2. #72
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Jimmy Carter calls for Syria peace summit

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    Jimmy Carter needs to fade off into the sunset, the man is a worse attention whore than Clinton...
    I suspect if he was advocating US aggression in Syria you would find him ever relevant.

  3. #73
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Jimmy Carter calls for Syria peace summit

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    are you suggesting we throw Obama into the abyss?
    No Chez, not at all. His red line statement was a gaff to be sure, because when he made it, he had already had several failures at the UN. I mean to say, it was already evident, the UN was not going to issue approval, even for sanctions let alone use of force. So, I don't understand how Obama looks bad if he does nothing, when doing something would put him at odds with the American people, congress/the constitution and the UN/international law.

  4. #74
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,144

    Re: Jimmy Carter calls for Syria peace summit

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    No Chez, not at all. His red line statement was a gaff to be sure, because when he made it, he had already had several failures at the UN. I mean to say, it was already evident, the UN was not going to issue approval, even for sanctions let alone use of force. So, I don't understand how Obama looks bad if he does nothing, when doing something would put him at odds with the American people, congress/the constitution and the UN/international law.
    Well, first I was just playing on the remainder of that Nietzsche quote. Second, Obama screwed the pooch. Anything he does he'll be damned for. I am against military intervention just so you know.

  5. #75
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Jimmy Carter calls for Syria peace summit

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    Well, first I was just playing on the remainder of that Nietzsche quote. Second, Obama screwed the pooch. Anything he does he'll be damned for. I am against military intervention just so you know.
    I'm glad your against military intervention. I'm not defending Obama by any means. He'd be in a lot better shape if not for his red line statement.

  6. #76
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Jimmy Carter calls for Syria peace summit

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    True, honest dependable leader, ha, good luck with that one!
    I have the feeling you thought Bush43 wasn't honest or dependable. If so...

    What would you have done after 911? Saddam had 12-years of waving at America with his middle finger, kicked out inspectors, was making money selling oil illegally, had a fine tuned hatred for America, and would have rebuilt his weapons program.

    With all the kooks watching, licking their chops wondering if Bush43 was as lame as Felonious Bill Clinton, what would you have done when evidence back to the Clinton years indicated he still had WMD?

    Bush43 was an honest guy; if anything it was that perception that helped get himself elected... especially after the scandal-a-month Felonious Bill & Hillary Clinton administration.

    Here's to hoping we get someone who is honest... you can't expect it from the left because they never tell us the truth about their schemes. Instead we have to pass trillion dollar bills to learn what's inside. They're The Cracker Jack Party... SURPRISE! I'm not post-partisan! SURPRISE! I'm not a uniter! SURPRISE! There were no shovel ready jobs, but except to shovel money to our supporters! SURPRISE... suckers.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  7. #77
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Jimmy Carter calls for Syria peace summit

    According to an independent commission of inquiry set up by the government of the Netherlands, UN resolution 1441 "cannot reasonably be interpreted as authorising individual member states to use military force to compel Iraq to comply with the Security Council's resolutions."[24][25]


    On the day of the vote the US ambassador to the UN, John Negroponte, assured the Security Council that there were no "hidden triggers" with respect to the use of force, and that in the event of a "further breach" by Iraq, resolution 1441 would require that "the matter will return to the Council for discussions as required in paragraph 12

    At the same meeting, UK Permanent Representative Sir Jeremy Greenstock KCMG used many of the same words. "If there is a further Iraqi breach of its disarmament obligations, the matter will return to the Council for discussion as required in Operational Paragraph 12."[22]


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_the_Iraq_War
    Last edited by Montecresto; 09-02-13 at 12:19 PM.

  8. #78
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Jimmy Carter calls for Syria peace summit

    Expressing regret that diplomacy had failed to resolve the question of Iraq’s disarmament, speakers emphasized that the current war, carried out without Council authorization, was a violation of international law and the United Nations Charter. Many stressed they could not understand how the Council could remain silent in the face of the aggression by two of its permanent members against another United Nations Member State.

    http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/2003/sc7705.doc.htm

  9. #79
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Jimmy Carter calls for Syria peace summit

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    I have the feeling you thought Bush43 wasn't honest or dependable. If so...

    What would you have done after 911? Saddam had 12-years of waving at America with his middle finger, kicked out inspectors, was making money selling oil illegally, had a fine tuned hatred for America, and would have rebuilt his weapons program.

    With all the kooks watching, licking their chops wondering if Bush43 was as lame as Felonious Bill Clinton, what would you have done when evidence back to the Clinton years indicated he still had WMD?

    Bush43 was an honest guy; if anything it was that perception that helped get himself elected... especially after the scandal-a-month Felonious Bill & Hillary Clinton administration.

    Here's to hoping we get someone who is honest... you can't expect it from the left because they never tell us the truth about their schemes. Instead we have to pass trillion dollar bills to learn what's inside. They're The Cracker Jack Party... SURPRISE! I'm not post-partisan! SURPRISE! I'm not a uniter! SURPRISE! There were no shovel ready jobs, but except to shovel money to our supporters! SURPRISE... suckers.

    George Bush has NO credibility.

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Jimmy Carter calls for Syria peace summit

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    George Bush has NO credibility.
    Not with you, perhaps, but he certainly does with others.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •