Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 579

Thread: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

  1. #551
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    your point of interest in not part of the founders.

    the founders are all dead by then
    "Taney decided: "the affirmative of these propositions cannot be maintained." According to Taney, the authors of the Constitution had viewed all blacks as "beings of an inferior order, and altogether unfit to associate with the white race, either in social or political relations, and so far inferior that they had no rights which the white man was bound to respect.""
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #552
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by keith View Post
    I understand your need to misinterpret statistics and try to disprove the law of supply and demand. The law of supply and demand is not a conservative or liberal economic belief; it's a fact.
    These are facts, read'em and weep:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    If sub-minimal wages increased youth employment, it should work across racial lines, but since 1972 it has not decreased white youth unemployment.



    Notice that the increases in unemployment for black youths correlates with recessions. Also notice that Black youth unemployment is at the same level now as in 1972.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #553
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    "Taney decided: "the affirmative of these propositions cannot be maintained." According to Taney, the authors of the Constitution had viewed all blacks as "beings of an inferior order, and altogether unfit to associate with the white race, either in social or political relations, and so far inferior that they had no rights which the white man was bound to respect.""
    really..... WONDER why did most of the states wanted to abolish slavery.

    wonder why Fredrick Douglas thought the constitution a great document.

    In fact, Douglass argued, the U.S. Constitution was both the founding generation's greatest achievement and the abolitionists' greatest weapon.

    'A Glorious Liberty Document' - Reason.com

  4. #554
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Oh? So I can't ask question now? Why? Because you cannot answer them right? Seriously. Give it the old college try and tell me what in the hell you expect an employer to do when you raise the cost of paying his labor force?

    As for the link. How does that admit to "fixing the stats?" Does that mean that everyone with an agenda changes the stats to suit their needs? Or do you just not have evidence and data to fend off the studies and claims, so instead you just write them off as "right wing propaganda" because it doesn't support what you think it should?
    I'm simply asking you to debate and prove your points rather than throwing out the burden of proof of YOUR claims on someone else. It's a rather ****ty and disengenuous debate move tbh... especially when you then blame the other for not doing your homework for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  5. #555
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    really..... WONDER why did most of the states wanted to abolish slavery.
    Another non-sequitur! Dred Scott was not based on "popularity"...and until 1846, slave states either outnumbered or were equal to the number of free states.

    wonder why Fredrick Douglas thought the constitution a great document.

    In fact, Douglass argued, the U.S. Constitution was both the founding generation's greatest achievement and the abolitionists' greatest weapon.

    'A Glorious Liberty Document' - Reason.com
    Sure, I can argue that the Constitution talked the talk of "all men are created equal", but the facts still are that the founders were slave holders, that they did not hold that Blacks (or Women or non-property holding White males) were equal and that is what was found in Dred Scott.

    I just do not understand why you keep ignoring these VERY basic facts.

    I do understand why though you have completely dropped the min wage discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #556
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by gimmesometruth View Post
    another non-sequitur! Dred scott was not based on "popularity"...and until 1846, slave states either outnumbered or were equal to the number of free states.


    Sure, i can argue that the constitution talked the talk of "all men are created equal", but the facts still are that the founders were slave holders, that they did not hold that blacks (or women or non-property holding white males) were equal and that is what was found in dred scott.

    I just do not understand why you keep ignoring these very basic facts.

    I do understand why though you have completely dropped the min wage discussion.

    because i have stated my case, would it bare repeating.

  7. #557
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    because i have stated my case, would it bare repeating.
    lol..

    (that has never stopped you before, you seem to love to repeat the same error filled rhetoric over and over...)
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #558
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by gimmesometruth View Post
    lol..

    (that has never stopped you before, you seem to love to repeat the same error filled rhetoric over and over...)
    its only an error to you,. As you have demonstration that everyone who oppress your view is wrong.....not just me.

  9. #559
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,571

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by Snappo View Post
    Wrong. Listen again. He said the young people were black and he wanted to give a lower wage to blacks so they would have a better shot at jobs.
    This is what I call a "reveal". This is a moment when the left wants something so badly to be true, that they are able to convince themselves that it is, even when it is so obviously not. Now, the left does this all the time, but it is rare to get something like this, where they cannot throw misleading charts and statistics at you for cover. You have achieved 1984, 2+2=5.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  10. #560
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    its only an error to you,.
    False.

    As you have demonstration that everyone who oppress your view is wrong.....not just me.
    Well, that is a real deeeeeeeerrrrrr statement, this is a debate forum, not a dating site.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •