Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 579

Thread: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

  1. #501
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-03-13 @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    376

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    blacks were property and not considered people.
    Not everywhere. Here in my home state of NY I am pretty sure slavery was all but gone by the time 1776 rolled around. The British had taken over NYC and they offered all the blacks freedom in return for fighting for the crown. By 1812 (Second revolutionary war), I am pretty sure there were zero slaves in NY because by then any child born in NY was born free irrespective of race.

    Of course NY is ahead of the curve because we are the greatest State in America!!! ;-)

  2. #502
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    can the government make a law, which takes away a right of all of the people.........no!

    can the government make a law which takes away a right of a person, who has violated the law...yes.
    Again, non sequitur, what law had blacks violated that denied their citizenship?

    Can you please limit your comments to content of the quote?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #503
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by Snappo View Post
    Not everywhere. Here in my home state of NY I am pretty sure slavery was all but gone by the time 1776 rolled around. The British had taken over NYC and they offered all the blacks freedom in return for fighting for the crown. By 1812 (Second revolutionary war), I am pretty sure there were zero slaves in NY because by then any child born in NY was born free irrespective of race.

    Of course NY is ahead of the curve because we are the greatest State in America!!! ;-)
    African Americans' participation as soldiers in defending the state during the War of 1812 added to public support for their full rights to freedom. In 1817, the state freed all slaves born before July 4, 1799 (the date of the gradual abolition law), to be effective in 1827. It continued with the indenture of children born to slave mothers until their 20s, as noted above.[5] On July 4, 1827, the African-American community celebrated final emancipation with a long parade through New York City.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...ry_in_New_York
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #504
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    The chip manufacturing industry produces a lot of toxic waste. These industries were deemed to be not wanted in the US. Even Jobs told the President he wouldn't/couldn't move many of his jobs back to the US due to the regulatory environment. When it becomes more important not to have particular industries in the country, there will be fewer jobs in those industries...
    Wrong, like all manufacturers their largest costs are labor. It was labor cost differential that attracted businesses to Malaysia/SEA for IC fab.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #505
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Either this is a semantic game, or you just do not understand constitutional rights. You do not have unrestricted protected speech.
    you dont have constitutional rights, ...rights are not given to you by the constitution, you will not find the word ......grant or give,

    the bill of rights is a limitation placed on government not to violate the natural rights of the people.

    again can the right itself, be limited of abolished by government for the people as a whole..........no...rights are unalienable.

    can the government make a law which restrict your right, if you commit a crime, or on someone property, .yes!...then it can be restricted then.

    but again..... the government cannot just decide to make a law, which applies to every citizen, to take away a right .




    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    No, that is not the meaning, Their...OUR speech has constitution protected limits.
    you dont have unlimited speech anywhere, .....you cant say what you want on others property.......but the government cannot place a restriction on the speech of every citizen becuase they want to...thats unconstitutional





    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Meaning that you don't have unlimited protected speech under our constitution.
    i have stated this before, you as a person dont have unlimited speech everywhere, ...but again, the people have a right to free speech, and the government cannot make laws to abolish that right of the people.........this is what i mean, by the .....RIGHT ITSELF

    example: when i am in the DMV, i dont have unlimited speech, however when i on the street, and people are not bound to what i have to say, becuase they have the power to walk away, i have free speech, and i have it on my own property.

  6. #506
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by Snappo View Post
    Not everywhere. Here in my home state of NY I am pretty sure slavery was all but gone by the time 1776 rolled around. The British had taken over NYC and they offered all the blacks freedom in return for fighting for the crown. By 1812 (Second revolutionary war), I am pretty sure there were zero slaves in NY because by then any child born in NY was born free irrespective of race.

    Of course NY is ahead of the curve because we are the greatest State in America!!! ;-)

    iam talking about the slaves , they were not considered people , they were property......property do not have rights.

    only 3 states wanted slavery during the time of 1776

  7. #507
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by Snappo View Post
    Are you thinking we no longer make TWT's and Magnetrons, televisions, cell phones, etc. because of a toxic waste issue? I believe it is offshore now merely because labor in the third world is dirt cheap. And it would have been less expensive to solve the pollution problem and keep jobs in USA than to send these jobs overseas. When we made our own chips (UTC owned Mostek back then) for classified systems, the fines for disposing of the waste were not really eating into profits that much.

    I spent almost 11 years working on synthetic aperture radar and nuclear launch control systems before I went purely into software for a much bigger payday. You cannot begin to imagine the information we shared with Western Europe manufacturers, Canada, and through lack of reverse engineering protections USSR and China too. ;-(
    In many hi-tech industries labor is a relatively small component of manufacturing. Hell, back in the day when I worked in a labor intensive industry, direct labor was only 15% of product cost. The vast majority went towards materials and energy...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  8. #508
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    you dont have constitutional rights, ...rights are not given to you by the constitution, you will not find the word ......grant or give,

    the bill of rights is a limitation placed on government not to violate the natural rights of the people.

    again can the right itself, be limited of abolished by government for the people as a whole..........no...rights are unalienable.

    can the government make a law which restrict your right, if you commit a crime, or on someone property, .yes!...then it can be restricted then.

    but again..... the government cannot just decide to make a law, which applies to every citizen, to take away a right .
    More non-sequiturs, you have rights that our laws, the constitution, will protect.

    You want to get into a debate about absolute rights...but not all that you can think of are constitutionally protected. You just refuse to limit you comments to the CONTEXT.






    you dont have unlimited speech anywhere, .....you cant say what you what on others property.......but the government cannot place a restriction on the speech of every citizen becuase they want to...thats unconstitutional
    You are still playing a semantic game, it is not a matter of where you say a thing, it is a matter if it is protected by our laws.







    i have stated this before, you as a person dont have unlimited speech everywhere, ...but again, the people have a right to free speech, and the government cannot make laws yo abolish that right of the people.........this is what i n=mean, by the .....RIGHT ITSELF

    example: when i am int he dmv, i dont have unlimited speech, however when i on the street, and people are not bound to what i have to say, becuase they have the power to walk away, i have free speech, and i have it on my own property.
    Your ideas on protected speech are as scrambled as your views on history and your grammar.

    This has gone beyond usefulness. Min wages are constitutional.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #509
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    In many hi-tech industries labor is a relatively small component of manufacturing. Hell, back in the day when I worked in a labor intensive industry, direct labor was only 15% of product cost. The vast majority went towards materials and energy...
    LOL....well, that isn't much of a defense that enviro regs are the cause!

    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #510
    Student keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    10-13-13 @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    231

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    What are you basing this on? I already showed the wage level changes (varying in real terms) did not affect UE levels.
    So what do you think the supply/ demand curve for labor looks like? A flat line?
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.

    Herbert Spencer

Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •