Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 579

Thread: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

  1. #451
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by keith View Post
    What Reagan meant was a separate minimum wage for youth, not blacks. There is a reason Jimmy did not jump all over that. Reagan had brought up the idea of a separate minimum wage for youth before.
    Youth min wages already existed, it was the level that made him notorious. He called for half of the existing youth wage.

    I already showed that the changes in youth wage levels had no impact on White youth unemployment.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #452
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    no
    what he has given you is factual information and citations, which then destroyed your shallow argument
    sorry no, telling me of white slaves owners is not the subject, .....delegated powers are...so you fail to.

  3. #453
    Student keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    10-13-13 @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    231

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Youth min wages already existed, it was the level that made him notorious. He called for half of the existing youth wage.

    I already showed that the changes in youth wage levels had no impact on White youth unemployment.
    A very sound idea that would have employed every youth looking for work.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.

    Herbert Spencer

  4. #454
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    the 14th amendment was created for the slave population only, and stated by the ussc in 1873.

    it essentially, took 1-8 of the BOR, and made the states adhere to them, becuase the BOR did not apply to the states before the civil war.

    1 -8 of the BOR are limitations on the government.......they are restrictive clauses, which the government cannot make laws concerning.
    What is your point? You are still ignoring the 1937 finding.....still falling back to White slave owner viewpoints.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #455
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-03-13 @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    376

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    I'm not sure of what laws you might be in favor with regarding trade or its associated issues, but I will say that I'm a proponent of fair trade, not free trade policies. Intel used to do most of its manufacturing in this country until environmental regulations forced it to move overseas to remain competitive. We have no problem with other countries producing energy products, yet we are not willing to take advantage of our own resources which would provide jobs for many of the currently unemployed in this country...
    US Constitution gives Congress the power to basically do what they want with science and useful arts (patents, effectively). Large corporations feed money into these Senators to get what they want. Presently if you build a patent (I have multiple international patents I authored), the verbiage (claims) and the art is yours for a small period of time. Major corporations in USA take those claims and that art and engineer exactly what your published patent intended. The reason they steal these ideas is two reasons:
    1. Defense of patents costs on average $2.5 million to $4 million, and based on present patent law a non-defensed patent isn't worth a lot of money. The average patent owner can never defend the theft.
    2. Even if a patent is defended, typically the corporation that stole the idea has to pay less than 10% of their ill gotten gains back to the true patent owners.

    These corporations first steal the idea, then send them overseas to be manufactured. If you merely consider a few things such as televisions / monitors, computers, cell phones, and microwave ovens; we are talking about USA technologies that are in at least 90% of ever household on this planet. Had these all been protected from reverse engineering, USA would have tens of millions of more jobs right now and our economy would be much healthier due to increased wages, increased taxes, lower unemployment, and less entitlements.

  6. #456
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,149

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    sorry no, telling me of white slaves owners is not the subject, .....delegated powers are...so you fail to.
    no
    he has shown us that the supreme court has already formed an opinion
    and that opinion is at variance with your own
    which means you lose
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  7. #457
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    What is your point? You are still ignoring the 1937 finding.....still falling back to White slave owner viewpoints.
    white slave owners?.......wondering how we went from delegated power of congress, .............to owning slaves.

  8. #458
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by keith View Post
    A very sound idea that would have employed every youth looking for work.
    What are you basing this on? I already showed the wage level changes (varying in real terms) did not affect UE levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #459
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    white slave owners?.......wondering how we went from delegated power of congress, .............to owning slaves.
    Wow, now the ignoring of history since founding......extends into ignoring the arguments already posted.

    Short term memory loss?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #460
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    no
    he has shown us that the supreme court has already formed an opinion
    and that opinion is at variance with your own
    which means you lose
    excuse what does white slaves owners have to do with it, since your choosing to side with him, since he has been professing that line?

    again so you can understand, congress has only delegated powers, anything outside those delegated powers in unconstitutional.

Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •