Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 579

Thread: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

  1. #431
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    white slave owners....sorry has nothing to do with commerce...........defection on your part.
    LOL....REALLY? FFS! It was essential to much of the pre-Civil War US economy.

    Good grief, how far does your ignoring of history extend?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #432
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    LOL....REALLY? FFS! It was essential to much of the pre-Civil War US economy.

    Good grief, how far does your ignoring of history extend?

    excuse me...... we are taking of powers.........not of slave owners......again its powers which are being discussed..

  3. #433
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Where do families come into play in your view? There will always be those that choose not to work, and as long as entitlements are available will be content with what government provides. All a minimum wage does is to give less incentive for business to provide entry level jobs in the marketplace...
    Incentive to hire....is COMPLETELY dependent on DEMAND.

    If you pay a wage allowing your employees to thrive, you INCREASE demand. Even Henry got that. A rising tide lifts all boats.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #434
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    excuse me...... we are taking of powers.........not of slave owners......again its powers which are being discussed..
    And I will repeat, the POWERS envisioned by White slave owners would not include the lowest earners being paid fair wages. Their viewpoint was extremely classed based....despite the advertisements and claims otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #435
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-03-13 @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    376

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Where do families come into play in your view? There will always be those that choose not to work, and as long as entitlements are available will be content with what government provides. All a minimum wage does is to give less incentive for business to provide entry level jobs in the marketplace...
    My worth is $300/hr to my company when I am billing our clients ( bill about 1,000 hours to 1,500 hours per year), and a lot more when I am helping close deals between $500 million and $8 billion (I assist on sales pursuits about 500 to 1000 hours a year). I doubt that a minimum wage going from $7 to $15 would ever change my company's position on hiring entry level folks out of college. We call them "freshers", and I can assure you freshers cannot close large consulting deals to take over Fortune 100 MIS departments and outsource the work. I therefore do not think a fresher will replace me and am a huge proponent of getting freshers as fast as we can get them. We recruit from 100 target universities right now and we are hoping to increase to over 1,000 universities within the next 5 years. Our goal is to grow from 160K to 300K employees over the next 5 years and to replace Tata as the #1 consulting firm in India and replace Accenture as the #1 consulting firm in USA.

    But to your question about families. The family unit in USA is broken. Most black children live in one parent households. Racists like Jackson and Sharpton are doing nothing to fix that problem. The single parent household epidemic is becoming very bad among whites and hispanics too - not just blacks. Not only is the family unit broken, but due to abstract poverty, blacks commit 50% of the murders, 50% of the rapes, and 55% of the assaults while black males make up a mere 7% of the population. So clearly attacking poverty will help a lot of Black Americans get out of this conundrum of high imprisonment and high reliance on entitlements. I believe often people pick the path of crime or entitlement because wages for unskilled labor is so low that it is unlivable. I believe a lot of people fear that higher minimum wages will equate to a loss of work. I feel that the loss of work is not the fault of wages. I blame Congress. Congress has made patent laws and corporate tax laws that benefit sending technologies overseas and giving away American ideas. If USA held their patents close to the hip and had laws that keep manufacturing in USA, then manufacturing of high technology would not be heading to China. We do absolutely nothing at the present time to prevent reverse engineering. Shame on Congress for not making sure companies protected American workers by forcing companies to protect from reverse engineering and therefore keeping the world relying on USA technology. When was the last time we bought a TV made in USA, or a computer made in USA, or a microwave oven made in USA? USA invented the travelling wave tube, the magnetron, the vacuum tube, and almost every drop of technology that is used to make computer chips.

  6. #436
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-03-13 @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    376

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Where did I say you were?
    My bad, I made the mistake of confusing your post with one from Ernst.
    Whew! I was all worried. I am like the anti-Luddite. I went back to post #420 to confirm you were talking to me (which you were).

  7. #437
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    And I will repeat, the POWERS envisioned by White slave owners would not include the lowest earners being paid fair wages. Their viewpoint was extremely classed based....despite the advertisements and claims otherwise.

    the powers of the constitution are supreme law, and you or congress have no right to violate them, becuase you feel the people of the past were bad people.

  8. #438
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by Snappo View Post
    Whew! I was all worried. I am like the anti-Luddite. I went back to post #420 to confirm you were talking to me (which you were).
    Yes, I corrected myself, I made a mistake to whom I was responding.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #439
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by Snappo View Post
    My worth is $300/hr to my company when I am billing our clients ( bill about 1,000 hours to 1,500 hours per year), and a lot more when I am helping close deals between $500 million and $8 billion (I assist on sales pursuits about 500 to 1000 hours a year). I doubt that a minimum wage going from $7 to $15 would ever change my company's position on hiring entry level folks out of college. We call them "freshers", and I can assure you freshers cannot close large consulting deals to take over Fortune 100 MIS departments and outsource the work. I therefore do not think a fresher will replace me and am a huge proponent of getting freshers as fast as we can get them. We recruit from 100 target universities right now and we are hoping to increase to over 1,000 universities within the next 5 years. Our goal is to grow from 160K to 300K employees over the next 5 years and to replace Tata as the #1 consulting firm in India and replace Accenture as the #1 consulting firm in USA.

    But to your question about families. The family unit in USA is broken. Most black children live in one parent households. Racists like Jackson and Sharpton are doing nothing to fix that problem. The single parent household epidemic is becoming very bad among whites and hispanics too - not just blacks. Not only is the family unit broken, but due to abstract poverty, blacks commit 50% of the murders, 50% of the rapes, and 55% of the assaults while black males make up a mere 7% of the population. So clearly attacking poverty will help a lot of Black Americans get out of this conundrum of high imprisonment and high reliance on entitlements. I believe often people pick the path of crime or entitlement because wages for unskilled labor is so low that it is unlivable. I believe a lot of people fear that higher minimum wages will equate to a loss of work. I feel that the loss of work is not the fault of wages. I blame Congress. Congress has made patent laws and corporate tax laws that benefit sending technologies overseas and giving away American ideas. If USA held their patents close to the hip and had laws that keep manufacturing in USA, then manufacturing of high technology would not be heading to China. We do absolutely nothing at the present time to prevent reverse engineering. Shame on Congress for not making sure companies protected American workers by forcing companies to protect from reverse engineering and therefore keeping the world relying on USA technology. When was the last time we bought a TV made in USA, or a computer made in USA, or a microwave oven made in USA? USA invented the travelling wave tube, the magnetron, the vacuum tube, and almost every drop of technology that is used to make computer chips.
    I'm not interested in your personal circumstances, just as I'm sure you're not interested in mine regarding this subject. I'm not sure of what laws you might be in favor with regarding trade or its associated issues, but I will say that I'm a proponent of fair trade, not free trade policies. Intel used to do most of its manufacturing in this country until environmental regulations forced it to move overseas to remain competitive. We have no problem with other countries producing energy products, yet we are not willing to take advantage of our own resources which would provide jobs for many of the currently unemployed in this country...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  10. #440
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: McJobs and the Minimum Wage[W:123,226]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    the powers of the constitution are supreme law, and you or congress have no right to violate them, becuase you feel the people of the past were bad people.
    The views of the founders were a product of their time, they OWNED SLAVES, the Constitution allowed this, we don't hold to those fundamentalist ideas any longer. Your argument on min wage STILL ignores ALL of the history between then and now.....and the SC has ruled on min wage:


    The Supreme Court, in a 5-4 decision written by Chief Justice Charles Evans Hughes, ruled that the minimum wage law did not violate the Constitution's Fourteenth Amendment and Parrish was entitled to damages. The Fourteenth Amendment's Due Process Clause provides that no state "shall deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law." West Coast Hotel alleged that because the minimum wage law prevented employers and employees from freely negotiating wages, it restrained "liberty" of contract without due process of the law. In response, the Court flatly declared that the "Constitution does not speak of freedom of contract" and that such a freedom is thus "a qualified, and not an absolute, right" under the Fourteenth Amendment. The Court argued that while the Fourteenth Amendment bans arbitrary deprivation of life, liberty, and property by the state (or protects "procedural" due process, e.g., a right to a fair trial), it does not prohibit the states' ability to "reasonably" regulate the terms of certain activities for the public good (does not protect "substantive" due process, e.g., the basic right to freely contract).
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •