Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
Results 261 to 268 of 268

Thread: Crowds gather for March on Washington 50th anniversary[W:101]

  1. #261
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Crowds gather for March on Washington 50th anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Right. With Democrats controlling the South and Republicans controlling the North. That's been well established. The Rise and Fall of Jim Crow. Jim Crow Stories . Democratic Party | PBS
    Correlation does not equal causation. The issue was the South.

    Oh, I see. Leftist should avoid sarcasm, irony, etc. because it's too difficult to tell when they are being serious anyway.
    Righties always have a difficult time detecting sarcasm. Personally, I think it's an issue with often being humorless, but that obviously depends on the individual.

    Yes, slavery and Jim Crow laws, supported by the Democrats, were a tradition in the South.
    Correlation does not equal causation. The South was the issue. You are going to keep running into this problem/logical fallacy. It keeps sinking your argument.

    Yes, it was the Democratic South who opposed Black rights but you have offered no support for your contention that Republicans were against Black rights. In fact more Republicans supported the Civil Rights Act than Democrats.
    No, in 1964 more Democrats supported black rights both from a numbers perspective (fairly irrelevant) and a percentage perspective (completely relevant). I've posted this before, but I will again. Congressional results from voting on the Civil Rights Act of 1964:

    The original House version:
    • Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7–93%)
    • Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0–100%)
    • Northern Democrats: 145–9 (94–6%)
    • Northern Republicans: 138–24 (85–15%)
    The Senate version:
    • Southern Democrats: 1–20 (5–95%)
    • Southern Republicans: 0–1 (0–100%)
    • Northern Democrats: 45–1 (98–2%)
    • Northern Republicans: 27–5 (84–16%)
    Here are some of the important points that prove my position:

    Here are some examples:

    7 Southern Democratic Representatives supported the act (7%). NO Southern Republican Representatives supported it (0%).
    9 Northern Democratic Representatives voted against the act (6%). 24 Northern Republican Representatives were against it (15%).

    1 Southern Democratic Senator supported the act (5%). NO Southern Republican Senator supported it (0%)
    1 Northern Democratic Senator voted against the act (2%). 5 Northern Republican Senators voted against it (16%)
    Both the numbers and the percentages show that more Democrats than Republican supported the Civil Rights Act of 1964. It also shows that the delineation issue was REGIONAL, not partisan.

    You have been refuted.

    Then why did you earlier call them areas or sections?
    Because that's what "north" and "south" are.

    Yes, since the Cold War ended Leftists claim it was not 'real' Communism, just a perverted form of the real Communism, but which is truly wonderful when done correctly.. However if that was the case why did Liberals (aka Useful Idiots) march for Communists and rail against Conservatives, such as Ronald Reagan, who rightly called the USSR an "Evil Empire". Leftists should have supported him and said yes, the Russians, Cubans, etc. are ruining the good name of Communism with their mass killings, gulags, etc., but they didn't. Instead they attacked the Republican President of the day, and many other conservatives, for pointing out the obvious.
    Who is they? You are overgeneralizing. Just like "useful idiot" conservatives who hilariously believe that Obama is a socialist. You are talking about extremists who only know how to demonize.

    I've actually been in a Communist country and have seen the horrors with my own eyes, and witnessed the propaganda even though our eyes told the truth.
    No you haven't. You've been to countries run by totalitarian governments.

    You may not want to call it Communism because it contradicts your idea of what Communism should be but in fact Communists knew what was going on behind the Iron Curtain and ignored it because they had to cling to their dream. When millions of people call themselves Communists I'll go along with their self description, not yours.
    It ain't mine. It's the actual definition. If a group of people pervert a definition, that doesn't suddenly mean it's accurate.

    Nazis say that Hitler ruined 'real' Nazism, Mussolini ruined 'real' Fascism, and so on. A pox on all their houses. People who can't even manage their own lives feel still feel they have the intellectual capacity to control the lives of millions of others.
    Which is a good definition of totalitarianism, not communism.

    Then lets see examples of Republicans holding back the rights of Black people and then compare them with what the 'progressive' Democrats did.
    I posted numbers that show just that.

    It was the central issue with Democrats, and not only in the South. Did you see how well the Democrat George Wallace did? How can there be a Republican belief and not a Democrat belief?
    Thank you. You just FURTHER proved me correct. George Wallace was a Southerner.

    Party philosophies over an issue like slavery are irrelevant? What about in modern times? Are the philosophies of different political parties still irrelevant as well?
    Depends on the discussion.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #262
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Crowds gather for March on Washington 50th anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    We've already determined there were other causes apart from slavery, but how can partisanship be irrelevant for any of those issues?
    Because all of the issues that created the Civil War were based on the regional differences between the North and the South.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #263
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Crowds gather for March on Washington 50th anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Mr.Nick said

    That seems quite clear, otherwise how would you explain someone like Barrack Obama getting the Presidency, or the Nobel Prize? The Nobel Committee gave him the Peace Prize not because he contributed to peace anywhere in the world but they simply believed that BHO would somehow mysteriously manage it, so gave it to him for this reason only. There are many such examples of misguided and foolish 'progressive' policies.
    And this is your opinion. Nothing more. It proves zero.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #264
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Crowds gather for March on Washington 50th anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Correlation does not equal causation. The issue was the South.
    Such as the climate?

    Correlation does not equal causation. The South was the issue. You are going to keep running into this problem/logical fallacy. It keeps sinking your argument.
    A direction was the issue, huh? And that makes sense to you.

    No, in 1964 more Democrats supported black rights both from a numbers perspective (fairly irrelevant) and a percentage perspective (completely relevant). I've posted this before, but I will again. Congressional results from voting on the Civil Rights Act of 1964:
    Here are the facts. Just scroll down. Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Both the numbers and the percentages show that more Democrats than Republican supported the Civil Rights Act of 1964. It also shows that the delineation issue was REGIONAL, not partisan.
    80% of Republicans in the House and Senate voted for the bill. Less than 70% of Democrats did. That's a fact, Jack!
    You have been refuted.
    Fraid not. Just read the history.
    Who is they? You are overgeneralizing. Just like "useful idiot" conservatives who hilariously believe that Obama is a socialist. You are talking about extremists who only know how to demonize.
    Who is they?? Surely you should be able to tell from the context of the paragraph who 'they' is. 'They' are those who marched for the Communist and railed against Ronald Reagan for challenging the "Evil Empire". Whether or not this was the communism you might have preferred it was the Communism of the day. Despite Leftists knowing of all the evils wherever Communism was forcibly introduced they sided with it, and demonstrated against Ronald Reagan. Europe was as bad as anywhere else in the world for their anti Americanism, despite all that went on there.

    No you haven't. You've been to countries run by totalitarian governments.
    Yes, i know. It wasn't the 'real' communism of your dreams but it was nonetheless still being supported by leftists everywhere.

    It ain't mine. It's the actual definition. If a group of people pervert a definition, that doesn't suddenly mean it's accurate.
    So you are in favor of voluntary communism, are you? Has that ever enjoyed much success?

    Which is a good definition of totalitarianism, not communism.
    Well, whatever. It was what the Leftists of the day who were supporting it. Now of course they are saying this was not real communism. That excuse began almost as soon as The Wall came down.

    Thank you. You just FURTHER proved me correct. George Wallace was a Southerner.
    A Southerner who also won Democratic primaries in the north and spoke at the 1972 Democrat convention. He might have gone further in the Democratic primaries had he not been shot and hospitalized. Obviously he was more than a sectional candidate..

  5. #265
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Crowds gather for March on Washington 50th anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    And this is your opinion. Nothing more. It proves zero.
    I also gave an example. With just some basic research you can find a great deal more. Perhaps believing in Communism, Chairman Mao, and all the rest of it might have been the greatest example of belief over reality, and it was a doozy, but there are a great deal more.

  6. #266
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Crowds gather for March on Washington 50th anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Such as the climate?
    What about climate?

    A direction was the issue, huh? And that makes sense to you.
    If you want to troll this thread rather than actually respond, let me know and I will act accordingly.

    Here are the facts. Just scroll down. Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    80% of Republicans in the House and Senate voted for the bill. Less than 70% of Democrats did. That's a fact, Jack!
    Fraid not. Just read the history.
    I already posted the facts FROM THAT VERY SOURCE. It was a regional issue, not a partisan one. You have been refuted... and you just refuted yourself. Good job.

    Who is they?? Surely you should be able to tell from the context of the paragraph who 'they' is. 'They' are those who marched for the Communist and railed against Ronald Reagan for challenging the "Evil Empire". Whether or not this was the communism you might have preferred it was the Communism of the day. Despite Leftists knowing of all the evils wherever Communism was forcibly introduced they sided with it, and demonstrated against Ronald Reagan. Europe was as bad as anywhere else in the world for their anti Americanism, despite all that went on there.
    So you can't answer who "they" was. Just as I expected.

    Yes, i know. It wasn't the 'real' communism of your dreams but it was nonetheless still being supported by leftists everywhere.
    Cool. So you have no actual response to my facts about communism and totalitarianism. Just as I expected.

    So you are in favor of voluntary communism, are you? Has that ever enjoyed much success?
    I never said the former. And I have already demonstrated that communism always turns into totalitarianism, so it would certainly seem that attempts at communism are always failures.

    Well, whatever. It was what the Leftists of the day who were supporting it. Now of course they are saying this was not real communism. That excuse began almost as soon as The Wall came down.
    So, again, no refutation, just standard partisan crap. So predictable.

    A Southerner who also won Democratic primaries in the north and spoke at the 1972 Democrat convention. He might have gone further in the Democratic primaries had he not been shot and hospitalized. Obviously he was more than a sectional candidate..
    Just like Strom Thurmond in 1948? He only received support in the South. Grant... you have been BADLY defeated here. This was a regional issue, not a partisan one. I know that you would prefer the opposite because of your agenda, but your agenda is baseless when it comes to factual information.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #267
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Crowds gather for March on Washington 50th anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I also gave an example. With just some basic research you can find a great deal more. Perhaps believing in Communism, Chairman Mao, and all the rest of it might have been the greatest example of belief over reality, and it was a doozy, but there are a great deal more.
    Correlation does not equal causation. Logical fallacies do not help you.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #268
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Crowds gather for March on Washington 50th anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Yes, there were something like 20,000 who went to Liberia but of their own free will. The great majority of American Black people felt American.
    Well now they feel African American.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •