Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 197

Thread: Restaurant refuses Iraq War Veteran and service dog

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Restaurant refuses Iraq War Veteran and service dog

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    And a vagina is not medicine for a perfectly physically healthy man.

    Operations that mutilate someone in order to "cure" a perfectly healthy person should be outlawed.
    No one is saying otlaw the pet so your argument is invalid. They are just saying the pet is not allowed in a restaurant, and is not a service dog. if he wants to own a pet because it makes him feel better about things then that seems to be very legal. Obey the same rules as a pet owner. Oh, and quit comparing apples and oranges simply because you have no argument.

  2. #62
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Restaurant refuses Iraq War Veteran and service dog

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    Is this an opinion© or actual knowledge?
    It's called a "deduction"
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #63
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Restaurant refuses Iraq War Veteran and service dog

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Oh, so pretty much the same damned thing as anyone else with a pet when it comes to the mental aspect.
    No, it really isn't. Your continued downplaying of what PTSD is, ignorance as to what a service dog does and ridiculous assertion that they aren't companion dogs should have been enough for you to pipe down in shame. However, you're now sounding more ignorant about this entire thing than Fisher. At least he tried. You're just showing you don't know the first thing about the subject in question.

    Please tell me how PTSD is somehow similar to being sad. Do you know how people get diagnosed with PTSD? I'll give you a clue - you don't just show up with a sad face sticker on your forehead and get a paper for it.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #64
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Restaurant refuses Iraq War Veteran and service dog

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    That is nice and all, and that is pretty much feeling bad. Those are feelings you know, and they would appear to be negative ones hence the bad. Now that you have done all of this can you explain to me how a dog stops most of them? Does the dog have an infaltable shrink couch he carries around so he can address the trauma when it occurs? Does he have a drum of anti-psychotics to drink out of when the guy startys getting all panicky? Does the dog jump on him and give him a relaxing massage when he starts to fell these feelings? In case he falls asleep at the table was the dog trained at the inception school for dream intervention to come in and rescue him from his nightmare? I am all for shrink, and meds, and counseling to help, but the owner was right. If you cannot handle eating breakfast without a freakout perhaps you need a bit more than a dog.
    You obviously have no idea what PTSD is, so just stop. Your retarded tough guy act isn't doing you any favors.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  5. #65
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Restaurant refuses Iraq War Veteran and service dog

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    No one is saying otlaw the pet so your argument is invalid. They are just saying the pet is not allowed in a restaurant, and is not a service dog. if he wants to own a pet because it makes him feel better about things then that seems to be very legal. Obey the same rules as a pet owner. Oh, and quit comparing apples and oranges simply because you have no argument.
    The dog is allowed in the restaurant and it is a service dog, so it's *your* argument that's invalid.

    And mutilating genitals is outlawed already. We shouldn't make exceptions just because some man feels sad that he can't walk around with a vagina wherever he goes. As a straight man, I sometimes feel sad that I can't have vagina wherever I go, but that does not justify allowing doctors to mutilate someone's genitals just so I can feel better.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #66
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Restaurant refuses Iraq War Veteran and service dog

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    It's called a "deduction"
    Well, listen up Watson. I deduced a problematic lapse and while you are a man of great wisdom and I am an opium addict who wears funny hats, I'm the detective and you better remember your place.

    Sherlock

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Restaurant refuses Iraq War Veteran and service dog

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    The argument was that nearly every major piece of public policy toward individuals with disabilities had to deal with the concept of whether or not the policy was moral by helping them, and whether or not they deserved it. Later on, which I could not in good legal standing provide you, he also demonstrated that social policy after social policy was concerned with whether or not someone would fake it. In effect, this frequently placed the individual with a disability in a de facto mode of defense at the policy level, because at the social level, a common assumption was one of skepticism and dismissal, until proven otherwise.

    Now, aside from your incorrect assumptions about each diagnosis category, I had to address what seemed to be the larger implication: that there is a rampant problem, and society is merely reacting to it. This I countered with the argument that in fact, it was a long-standing bias dating back a century or longer.
    There is a pretty rampant problem of people using mental disabilities to get things. However, let us get into what is actually being said in this case. This guy cannot eat breakfast without his dog to sit there and wag it's tail. This is pretty much what the dog is there for considering it carries no medication and does not assist with physical tasks. It is just there to be a dog and to be around this guy. This guy is so bonkers, technical term, that he cannot have his breakfast without it? I am going to have to say, if you cannot get along for a few moments without your precious dog just like every other pet owner you belong in a mental hospital. You actually need constant medical attention. A person without sight cannot go a few minutes while being perfectly capable of seeing. A person without a limb cannot get use out of the limb they do not have for a few minutes. I am pretty sure this guy could eat his breakfast and go back to his dog and be perfectly fine, and if he cannot accomplish that simple task he needs more help than a dog.

  8. #68
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Restaurant refuses Iraq War Veteran and service dog

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    They are just saying the pet is not allowed in a restaurant, and is not a service dog.
    Good lord, ... you're bordering on desperate now.

    1) The dog's certification as a service dog was validated not only by the documents provided by Glaser but also by THE POLICE officers he called.
    2) People with service dogs are allowed to bring their pets into stores as per US Federal Law.
    3) This dog is both a pet, a companion and a service dog.

    Please stop it, you're looking MIGHTY ignorant about the basics of the case.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #69
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Restaurant refuses Iraq War Veteran and service dog

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    Well, listen up Watson. I deduced a problematic lapse and while you are a man of great wisdom and I am an opium addict who wears funny hats, I'm the detective and you better remember your place.

    Sherlock
    Your funny hat is a size or two too small, Sherlock.

    Loosen it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #70
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Restaurant refuses Iraq War Veteran and service dog

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    I am going to have to say, if you cannot get along for a few moments without your precious dog just like every other pet owner you belong in a mental hospital. You actually need constant medical attention.
    I say the same thing about any man who thinks they'd be better off cutting their pecker off

    Lock 'em up!!
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •