Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 197

Thread: Restaurant refuses Iraq War Veteran and service dog

  1. #111
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Restaurant refuses Iraq War Veteran and service dog

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    The proprietor is an asshole...and he should be legally protected for being an asshole.

    However, as it's the law, he should've allowed for it. I disagree with the law, but ah well. I still recognize the greatest 4 words in the private sector: We reserve the right...
    Yeah, the good old days when we could keep the undesirables from associating with us white folks!
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  2. #112
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Restaurant refuses Iraq War Veteran and service dog

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Aren't there laws barring animals from resturants?
    Try bringing some basic understanding of the world in which you live into the discussion. It will be much easier for you to participate that way.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  3. #113
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,495

    Re: Restaurant refuses Iraq War Veteran and service dog

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Try bringing some basic understanding of the world in which you live into the discussion. It will be much easier for you to participate that way.
    So, you're not able to answer the question, or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #114
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: Restaurant refuses Iraq War Veteran and service dog

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Maybe this has more to do with a culture where there are lots of questionable disabilities and some people may be sick of seeing perfectly healthy people skirting the rules because they got a doctor to sign off on being handicapped. I am not saying this vet is not handicapped, but every time you watch some healthy person getting out of some handicapped spot, or some perfectly fine person riding around on some cart meant for legitimate handicapped people you get a little cynical. How long until we have ADHD service dogs who are there because some kid can't be quiet without their beloved pet? Where I don't really care if a well behaved dog is in a food place, I am a bit skeptical about a service dog for PTSD. I know it is a condition, but the dog is not helping him see, or helping to do things for him like you would consider a service dog doing. Eventually doing this is going to get people to have themselves diagnosed with PTSD just so they can drag their chihuahua into places with them, and it really starts to lower the legitimacy of necessary things like service dogs when you have a physically healthy person who is capable of doing everything for himself carrying around an animal that has a purpose of doing things for the disabled. We all gain comfort from our pets, why shouldn't some shy person be allowed to bring their animal around, or some depressed person because the animal might give them comfort in case of some mental attack?

    You have PTSD I am good with helping with shrinks, pills, counseling, and a few other things, but you are capable. Seriously, you went out and faced down peiople with guns and bombs, and now you tell us you cannot eat breakfast without your dog? Hate me for it, but i don't buy it.
    What is your problem?
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

  5. #115
    Whoa, daddy!
    MadLib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,225

    Re: Restaurant refuses Iraq War Veteran and service dog

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The Libertarian party platform supports gay marriage. i am fine with gay marriage provided that it is passed on a state level by its citizens. I guess you could say my position is similar to Obama's.

    The Libertarian 'party' is no different than the party machine of the dems and GOP. Their biggest problem is that most of what they promote is the ridiculous (example-legalizing drugs for example-rather than holding a position that states/citizens should decide and that the fed should be involved in one thing...illegal trafficking). If instead they focused on strong individual rights and responsible NECESSARY government, their membership levels would grow. However they have the same party problems as the other two in that so many party members believe there is no room for independent thought on matters.
    I'd actually prefer a system in which there were no political parties. Vote for a person based on his own merits and beliefs, not based on whether or not there is a "D" or an "R" next to his name.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Hah. If someone put me in their sig, I'd never know. I have sigs off.

  6. #116
    Whoa, daddy!
    MadLib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,225

    Re: Restaurant refuses Iraq War Veteran and service dog

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    I did not say he was not within the law. I juist said he was within the law the same way as welfare whores and social security disability scamers. Things are not going to change if you just sit there and be quiet.
    Do you have any evidence that he was a scammer? In what way did he cheat the system?
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Hah. If someone put me in their sig, I'd never know. I have sigs off.

  7. #117
    Whoa, daddy!
    MadLib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,225

    Re: Restaurant refuses Iraq War Veteran and service dog

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Aren't there laws barring animals from resturants?
    Service animals are typically an exception. So long as the dog doesn't go to where food is being prepared, there is nothing illegal in a dog sitting at a restaurant.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Hah. If someone put me in their sig, I'd never know. I have sigs off.

  8. #118
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,836

    Re: Restaurant refuses Iraq War Veteran and service dog

    Unfortunately, the school I helped out in last year had a policy due to staff and students being allergic and air-borne pathogens. I am retired.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadLib View Post
    Service animals are typically an exception. So long as the dog doesn't go to where food is being prepared, there is nothing illegal in a dog sitting at a restaurant.

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Restaurant refuses Iraq War Veteran and service dog

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Then change the system. Until its changed, he's within his rights to do this without being abused by anyone.
    Where did you get that one from? He has the right to do it without legal consequences if it is not within the law. There is no right to not suffer the social consequences of your actions. They are well within their rights to complain, boycott, and make a huge issue out of it, as long as it is true.

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Restaurant refuses Iraq War Veteran and service dog

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
    You say he's a scammer without having met him or looking at his medical records, but Doctors will have assessed him and decided he was entitled to a service dog. How can you claim to have better knowledge of this guys mental health requirements than psychiatrists who have dealt with him?
    Because I can. Are you tellintg us there are no doctors out there who make BS medical evaluations? because if you are you just eliminated insurance fraud, medicare fraud, disability fraud, and all sorts of widespread frauds that go on.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •