Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 539

Thread: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

  1. #1
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    WASHINGTON, Aug. 27 (UPI) --
    The number of U.S. households with an unemployed parent and a child under 18 living at home soared from 2005 to 2011, a Census Bureau report says.



    The report titled, "America's Families and Living Arrangements: 2012" says that there were 2.4 million households in 2005 with an unemployed parent and at least one child under 18 in 2005 By 2011, that number had grown 33 percent to 3.2 million, the Census Bureau said Tuesday.

    Report shows how recession hit families
    So, can we now say that Obama policies are making it worse for the poor, and middle class yet...?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So, can we now say that Obama policies are making it worse for the poor, and middle class yet...?
    Not unless you can show that it's Obamas policies and nothing else.

    That's the problem on the right, you get data and than try to place blame on ONE THING, Obama. Doesn't work that way there are MANY factors in play.

  3. #3
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Not unless you can show that it's Obamas policies and nothing else.

    That's the problem on the right, you get data and than try to place blame on ONE THING, Obama. Doesn't work that way there are MANY factors in play.
    It certainly destroys the narrative that Obama loves, which is America on the rebound, and things are getting better.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #4
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    no you will never be allowed to state the obvious facts of reality but guess what
    reality doesn't care, the only question is don't we already know what lies down this road?

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    It certainly destroys the narrative that Obama loves, which is America on the rebound, and things are getting better.
    Ignore him

    This is the same guy that has been saying for 5 years it's "Bush's fault"

    Obama has wasted trillions of dollars. Robbed the middle class and the poor. His policies (especially Obamacare) are directly responsible for this misery. One only needs to look at the Reagan Recovery to see what a real recovery looks like.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    It certainly destroys the narrative that Obama loves, which is America on the rebound, and things are getting better.
    Of course it destroys that narrative, I never said Obama was a good president. However to blame EVERYTHING on him is silly. And before you or anyone invokes the "but the left blamed Bush on everything" card save it because I don't believe that either.

    The simple fact is presidents try and spin the bad news. Bush did this as well and Obama is no different.

  7. #7
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    I don't think it is the government's job to create jobs.

  8. #8
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    583

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So, can we now say that Obama policies are making it worse for the poor, and middle class yet...?
    #1 Why would you say this reflects on Obama? 2005 was Pre Recession. The recession began well before Obama took office and many believe that we are still feeling it's effects. Comparing current data to 2005 is completely worthless.

    #2 Why would you call the policies currently implemented, "Obama's Policy's"? How many of Obama's policies have actually been implemented?
    Aside from a stimulus and a tax cut, the only significant policy that Obama has managed to get past the "Party of NO" is O'Romney-Care.
    A republican policy, regardless of current opinions.

    Our government has been frozen for 6 years.
    Least productive Congress of all American History.
    More nominees filibustered than all previous Presidents combined.
    More vacant positions than any time in recorded history.

    We are not living under Obama's policies. We are living under the policy of NO.

    #3 See Number 1

  9. #9
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Of course it destroys that narrative, I never said Obama was a good president. However to blame EVERYTHING on him is silly. And before you or anyone invokes the "but the left blamed Bush on everything" card save it because I don't believe that either.

    The simple fact is presidents try and spin the bad news. Bush did this as well and Obama is no different.
    There is a difference between 'spin', and outright lying...Obama is a liar.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #10
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    nooo wait one second there lil buddy
    ol Barry will be seen as the President to have furthered the Socialist cause more than any other!
    By that measure his Presidency is a screaming success! Sadly the historians are not going to have
    the luxury of looking back at this from some resplendent socialist utopia he created.
    oh no lil jonny we've seen this kinda thing in the past and it never works out as it was centrally planned.

Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •