Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 539

Thread: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

  1. #61
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So, can we now say that Obama policies are making it worse for the poor, and middle class yet...?
    Well the American family should have just been a powerful banking institution and they would have gotten all the free money they could ever use and more.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #62
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by greengirl77 View Post
    So Reagans tripling the debt was no problem 2 trillion in the 80's would be 10 trillion with inflation today. Plus he had a house that actuall gave a crap about the nation.
    That is a lie, 1.7 trillion would be 3.5 trillion today based upon inflation numbers. Keep trying to defend the indefensible. It would show maturity if you could just admit that Obama did to you what he did to most Americans that voted for him, made a fool out of you.

  3. #63
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    My, my we are still crawling out of the pit that GW Created? What leftwing site did you get that one from? You think adding 6.2 trillion to the debt, having GDP Growth less than 2%,having 22 million unemployed/under employed/discouraged workers, and having almost 50 million Americans on food stamps over four years after the recession ended is strong economic performance and justifies your support for Obama? Do you really have such low expectations for a liberal President? Apparently so
    First of all let me explain that I do not like the partisan bickering. A good debate, great. I actually joined this site to have my beliefs challenged because I value the truth and sound policies most.

    I see your post as listing some current conditions but how does that address the cause? What policies of Obamas do you see as having "created" them?

  4. #64
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    $6 TRILLION DOLLARS in 5 years....*drops mic and exits stage*
    And you limit your "argument" to aggregate spending, free from inflation, apples to apples comparison as a % of GDP or measuring that the debt was increased primarily by previous programs not funded by reduced revenue (from the recession) and not due to increased spending from new programs introduced by Obama.

    Not that I would expect your argument to include fair analysis......you have an extreme agenda that compares 2005 numbers to 2011 ignoring the worst recession since 1929.

    Seems like we have been over this a number of times.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #65
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    The 80's were 'totally awesome' and the money he blew went to high paying defence jobs that finished off the cold war?
    Have any of you libbiy's stopped to think just WHERE in the Sam Hill did the trillions of dollars Obummer blew went?

    In this Universe matter is neither created or destroyed (so other than the debasement of the currency) where did that money all go?

    You might wonder as you kiddies will be paying it off for decades to come?

  6. #66
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    First of all let me explain that I do not like the partisan bickering. A good debate, great. I actually joined this site to have my beliefs challenged because I value the truth and sound policies most.

    I see your post as listing some current conditions but how does that address the cause? What policies of Obamas do you see as having "created" them?
    What causes the Obama results? Lack of leadership, lack of understanding of the private sector economy, demonizing individual wealth creation, Obamacare. Obama has zero leadership skills and shows it by the "I won, you lost" rhetoric and totally shutting the GOP out in stimulus discussions and implementation, and by not forcing Harry Reid to bring the House bills passed that are sitting in his desk to the floor for debate. Obama campaigns with every speech, that isn't leadership.

  7. #67
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Funny you should mention the great depression remember how it ended the morning of December Seventh Nineteen Forty One?
    I'm so glad my Kid won't be going. We promise to have a great time while yer 'over there over there'

  8. #68
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    And you limit your "argument" to aggregate spending, free from inflation, apples to apples comparison as a % of GDP or measuring that the debt was increased primarily by previous programs not funded by reduced revenue (from the recession) and not due to increased spending from new programs introduced by Obama.

    Not that I would expect your argument to include fair analysis......you have an extreme agenda that compares 2005 numbers to 2011 ignoring the worst recession since 1929.

    Seems like we have been over this a number of times.
    Really? So what were the Obama budgets in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and proposed for 2013? How much is Obamacare NOW projected to cost? What did the GM/Chrysler bailout cost? What was the cost of the Stimulus? How about those Afghanistan supplementals? How about the dividend from ending the war in Iraq? Keep ignoring reality

  9. #69
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What causes the Obama results? Lack of leadership, lack of understanding of the private sector economy, demonizing individual wealth creation, Obamacare. Obama has zero leadership skills and shows it by the "I won, you lost" rhetoric and totally shutting the GOP out in stimulus discussions and implementation, and by not forcing Harry Reid to bring the House bills passed that are sitting in his desk to the floor for debate. Obama campaigns with every speech, that isn't leadership.
    Those are opinions.

  10. #70
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]


Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •