Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354
Results 531 to 539 of 539

Thread: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

  1. #531
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    And he doesn't have to, fore he feels that America itself shouldn't exist because we took it from the Indians, and the Mexicans....I sure hope he doesn't own a house, car, or anything produced in this country that he so despises. I wouldn't want him to be a hypocrite...

    Funny though, how people like him rail against you owning an house, a car, or making a living in this country he hates while it is perfectly ok for him to do so while he rails against it....pathetic really.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #532
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,590

    Re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Federalist View Post
    And that is how you expect to justify government initiation of aggression? You haven't even put forth an argument that explains why anyone should accept your position.
    There is no aggression to justify.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #533
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    There is no aggression to justify.
    You haven't put forth any argument for why it is acceptable for the government to take a person's house against their will.

  4. #534
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,590

    Re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    And he doesn't have to, fore he feels that America itself shouldn't exist because we took it from the Indians, and the Mexicans....I sure hope he doesn't own a house, car, or anything produced in this country that he so despises. I wouldn't want him to be a hypocrite...

    Funny though, how people like him rail against you owning an house, a car, or making a living in this country he hates while it is perfectly ok for him to do so while he rails against it....pathetic really.
    But I do not say any of those things you claim I did. If you feel I have, please quote where I said those things. Either you are 1) lying about my position, or 2) intentionally misrepresenting my position, or 3) making it up as you go along perceiving me as a political enemy, or 4) simply have no concern for facts or accuracy. Which ever one it is - that is simply not acceptable as part of debate.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #535
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,590

    Re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Federalist View Post
    You haven't put forth any argument for why it is acceptable for the government to take a person's house against their will.
    I did not realize this was a thread about eminent domain? Are you attempting to hijack it for that purpose? I posted thoughts about how the changing economy is hitting working class families hard and is a structural problem we must deal with.

    287
    290
    292
    295
    298





    You then trotted out your old standby about aggression starting in 317 which had nothing to do with the thread or the topic of it or my posts.
    Last edited by haymarket; 09-04-13 at 10:22 AM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #536
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I did not realize this was a thread about eminent domain? Are you attempting to hijack it for that purpose? I posted thoughts about how the changing economy is hitting working class families hard and is a structural problem we must deal with.

    287
    290
    292
    295
    298





    You then trotted out your old standby about aggression starting in 317 which had nothing to do with the thread or the topic of it or my posts.
    The recession ended in June 2009, "your" President has been in charge for over 4 years and the economic results today are worse than when the recession began in December 2007. Obama was hired to fix the problem, if he were in the private sector he wouldn't have lasted 2 years let alone 4 and get four more. Far too many people are too ignorant of economic results and the role of the Federal Govt. Apparently "teachers" like you never really taught them that role.

  7. #537
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,590

    Re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The recession ended in June 2009, "your" President has been in charge for over 4 years and the economic results today are worse than when the recession began in December 2007. Obama was hired to fix the problem, if he were in the private sector he wouldn't have lasted 2 years let alone 4 and get four more. Far too many people are too ignorant of economic results and the role of the Federal Govt. Apparently "teachers" like you never really taught them that role.
    Why did you reproduce my post before your rant when your reply had not a thing to do with what I said?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #538
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I did not realize this was a thread about eminent domain? Are you attempting to hijack it for that purpose? I posted thoughts about how the changing economy is hitting working class families hard and is a structural problem we must deal with. You then trotted out your old standby about aggression which had nothing to do with the thread or the topic of it or my posts.
    You are right. This isn't a thread about eminent domain. I only brought up eminent domain because you asked me to give you an example of a government policy you support that involves the government taking what is owned by others. So, I've given you the example for which you asked, and now I apologize to everyone for the derailment.

  9. #539
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Why did you reproduce my post before your rant when your reply had not a thing to do with what I said?
    Because you reintroduced the thread topic in your post and I responded to that part of it.

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •