Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 539

Thread: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

  1. #501
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,855

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Federalist View Post
    The government coming to buy something from me is evidence that they also think I own the land. Transfer of ownership has nothing to do with the government.

    And is this all some sort of argument for why you support the the government initiating aggression against people?
    All of this is firm evidence that the way you would prove you own the land you claim you own is you would rely upon the government to validate that you own it. You did that in two separate answers given freely of your own volition.


    Because the previous owner transferred title to me.




    Because the government is offering to buy it from me and not some other person.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #502
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,091

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Moderator's Warning:
    Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]There is now a zero tolerance warning in effect concerning personal attacks. Sticking to the topic is highly recommended.

  3. #503
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    All of this is firm evidence that the way you would prove you own the land you claim you own is you would rely upon the government to validate that you own it. You did that in two separate answers given freely of your own volition.
    And because of this you justify the government initiating aggression against people to take things that belong to them?

  4. #504
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Okay - so you say you presented this raft of evidence ..... supporting what point exactly? That was missing from your post.
    Ask randel, he'll know what I am talking about

  5. #505
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You're letting your 'tell' show Joe.
    Not playing poker. Just laughing at more silliness. Keep them coming, you're on a roll.

    Seriously, you don't really buy all that stuff you put out, do you? Really?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #506
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not playing poker. Just laughing at more silliness. Keep them coming, you're on a roll.

    Seriously, you don't really buy all that stuff you put out, do you? Really?
    Buy all what stuff? I could ask the same of you could I not?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #507
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Buy all what stuff? I could ask the same of you could I not?
    The conspiracy stuff. GW is a conspiracy. Poverty is a conspiracy. Lord, you think republicans have never even been in the game as the liberal conspiracy has just beaten them to death.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #508
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,855

    Re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Federalist View Post
    And because of this you justify the government initiating aggression against people to take things that belong to them?
    The government did not take things that do not belong to them regarding the issue of eminent domain. They pay you for it and then it belongs to them. They did not take it - they purchased it for fair market value using the power given to them in the US Constitution by the Founding Fathers.

    It seems points out your own utter hypocrisy on this issue. You are willing to accept that the government has the authority to decide matters of property ownership. You are willing to accept that the government plays an important role in the deed to property. You are more that willing to accept that the government is a valid authority source to recognize that you own it if they want to deal with you to buy it. All that comes from the simple law of the land and you are willing to accept that. And part of the law in this nation regarding property ownership - going all the way back to English common law adopted in colonies up through the United States Constitution and the last 225 years of American jurisprudence - is the concept of eminent domain.

    Its all part of the same property rights isue in the USA. Its all part of the same thing.

    You cannot accept that the government is empowered to recognize your property rights with a deed or with an offer to buy as part of their legal authority but then pretend that they do not also have the legititimate authority to exercise eminent domanin which is clearly Constitutional and legal as part of our long standing property rights in the USA.

    Property rights are not a menu where you can pick only the items that you like or approve of and claim the government protection for while rejecting other parts of the property rights issue and then claim that the same legal system and the same Constitution is not valid in the item you don't like.

    To do that is the height of hypocrisy attempting to use the law on property rights and the government to validate your personal claims on the one hand while rejecting other facets of property rights and government authority on the other hand.

    And of course, even after all that, we still come back to the very reality that you yourself dare to pretend that you are against eminent domain and label people as aggressors for suporting it when you yourself support it and use it and benefit it from it willingly and freely.

    You lose on both accounts and have no leg to stand upon.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #509
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,855

    Re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Ask randel, he'll know what I am talking about
    You are unable to speak for the content of your own posts?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #510
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The conspiracy stuff. GW is a conspiracy. Poverty is a conspiracy. Lord, you think republicans have never even been in the game as the liberal conspiracy has just beaten them to death.
    No, but liberals are infinitely better at this sort of thing than repubs ever hope to be...repub's biggest mistakes are usually in trying to get along with liberals, by doing something they want, and then instead of liberals acknowledging that, they just claim repubs didn't do enough and blame the failure on them.....It is a wonderfully easy game to follow, and its been around for a long time. Get it through your head Joe, liberal policy in this country is what has led directly to the woes we see today.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •