Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 539

Thread: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

  1. #481
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryOldGuy View Post
    You'd think that with all the trillions spent since LBJ began
    his great society we'd have wiped out this supposed poverty twice over
    rather than having actually subsidized it and provided a greater number
    of Democrat party supporters?
    That was always the only goal...Everything else was phony narrative.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #482
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,273

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryOldGuy View Post
    You'd think that with all the trillions spent since LBJ began
    his great society we'd have wiped out this supposed poverty twice over
    rather than having actually subsidized it and provided a greater number
    of Democrat party supporters?
    Aw, but you have it all wrong, all those liberals meant well but spent the money in the wrong areas therefore this group of liberals need more money to spend it more wisely. This group of liberals will solve the problems that the other group of liberals failed to solve.

  3. #483
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That was always the only goal...Everything else was phony narrative.
    Ahhh, conspiracy theories. Not as good as Bush was behind 9/11, or that we want blacks on drugs, or Obama is a Muslim communist, socialist fascist terrorist born in Kenya, or that reality has a liberal bias, but in keeping with those classics.


    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #484
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    hah that's all true! Boosch Cheney n Rumsfeld personally flew those planes into those buildings
    The CIA invented crack for the blacks
    (and some say HIV for them other folks)
    Osama was a Moslem and so is Hussien
    and the liberal bias in on the lamestream media everyday which is a form of reality?
    New Hope for the Wretched era

  5. #485
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Ahhh, conspiracy theories. Not as good as Bush was behind 9/11, or that we want blacks on drugs, or Obama is a Muslim communist, socialist fascist terrorist born in Kenya, or that reality has a liberal bias, but in keeping with those classics.

    You're letting your 'tell' show Joe.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #486
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,982

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Federalist View Post
    Fascinating. So now your are arguing that people don't own their land. Well, in that case, I guess anyone can just move onto your land and start using it.
    Please do not be silly. Where did I argue that? I simply asked you how you know you own the land you claim you own.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #487
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Please do not be silly. Where did I argue that? I simply asked you how you know you own the land you claim you own.
    Because the government is offering to buy it from me and not some other person.

  8. #488
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,982

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Seems your desired strategy is to be a cheerleader and never answer a direct question either. I provide data from BLS.gov, BEA.gov, and the U.S. Treasury Dept. which you never refute and others claim I am interpreting inaccurately therefore one more time, what source or sources do you believe and find to be accurate if not the non partisan sources I post?
    Okay - so you say you presented this raft of evidence ..... supporting what point exactly? That was missing from your post.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #489
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,982

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Federalist View Post
    Because the government is offering to buy it from me and not some other person.
    So to summarize your two answers: you know it is land you own because

    1 - you have a legal title to the land saying you are the owner
    2- the government is attempting to buy it from you

    Is that correct?

    Since you failed to provide any quote from me saying I am against land ownership, it looks like you flushed that fallacy. Progress.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #490
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    So to summarize your two answers: you know it is land you own because

    1 - you have a legal title to the land saying you are the owner
    2- the government is attempting to buy it from you

    Is that correct?

    Since you failed to provide any quote from me saying I am against land ownership, it looks like you flushed that fallacy. Progress.
    I own it because I bought it form the previous owner.

Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •