Page 39 of 54 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 539

Thread: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

  1. #381
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    the cops would be arresting you
    well yeah they would but they were laughing as the witnesses recounted the event, we'd long since departed the scene. Strangely enough the witnesses all gave completely different descriptions of me and my family and as it turned out the nutbar that was yelling at us had a long arrest record and had recently been released on parole. To this day my kid still laughs about that event whenever it is brought up.

  2. #382
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    WOW!!!!! You have a very very very weird sense of who starts things. It helps explain your severely skewed outlook on enforcing laws against law breakers and helps explain why your views have nothing at all to do with the real world we live in.
    My "skewed" views are irrelevant to the fact that you advocate that the government initiate aggression*against people who have initiated aggression against nobody.

    * Violation of or damage to another person's body; or trespass upon, damage to, or taking of something owned by another.

  3. #383
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,819

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Did you teach that it was the role of the FEDERAL GOVT. to provide things like UHC, bailouts of private industries, pay for teachers, police, and fire fighters? Where did limited Federal Govt. and the role of the states fit into your classroom activities?
    What principle I followed was adherence to the US Constitution.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #384
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,819

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryOldGuy View Post
    well yeah they would but they were laughing as the witnesses recounted the event, we'd long since departed the scene. Strangely enough the witnesses all gave completely different descriptions of me and my family and as it turned out the nutbar that was yelling at us had a long arrest record and had recently been released on parole. To this day my kid still laughs about that event whenever it is brought up.
    aha - running away in admission of your own wrongdoing ---- got it.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #385
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,819

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Federalist View Post
    My "skewed" views are irrelevant to the fact that you advocate that the government initiate aggression*against people who have initiated aggression against nobody.

    * Violation of or damage to another person's body; or trespass upon, damage to, or taking of something owned by another.
    Lawbreakers should learn not to start a fight you cannot finish unless you want to have a criminal record for breaking the law of the land.

    And it is precisely your skewed views that are the issue. No government in history of any nation can operate in your fantasyland. That shows how upside down insane it actually is.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #386
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    What principle I followed was adherence to the US Constitution.
    How about answering the question? Where in the Constitution does it say the Federal Govt. provides UHC, police, fire, and teachers for the states, and should bail out private business?

  7. #387
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    haybale the communist takeover of America that you propose will not be accepted without a fight.

  8. #388
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,819

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How about answering the question? Where in the Constitution does it say the Federal Govt. provides UHC, police, fire, and teachers for the states, and should bail out private business?
    You confuse me with the Congress and the US Supreme Court.

    The answer to your health care question can be found in the majority opinion rendered in the recent Court decision.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #389
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You confuse me with the Congress and the US Supreme Court.

    The answer to your health care question can be found in the majority opinion rendered in the recent Court decision.
    That wasn't the question I asked you and there was no Supreme Court ruling when you taught. The SC ruling was regarding taxation not the validity of UHC. Doesn't sound to me like you understood the role of the subject you were teaching

  10. #390
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    A retired school teacher isn't a proponent of capitalism, what a shock!

Page 39 of 54 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •