Page 36 of 54 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 539

Thread: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

  1. #351
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    the days of fast growth are probably gone.
    Not gone just being suppressed by the central planning committee & the politburo.
    No buddy wants a govt handout when the economy is going get guns.
    You never want a serious crisis to go to waste

  2. #352
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryOldGuy View Post
    Not gone just being suppressed by the central planning committee & the politburo.
    No buddy wants a govt handout when the economy is going get guns.
    You never want a serious crisis to go to waste
    Yep, that guy is one of the problems

  3. #353
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    my friend? I contend
    it is the only problem

    whatever happened to the shining city on a hill?
    hah even typing that make me feel silly
    it sound so quaint now does it not?
    New Hope for the Wretched era

  4. #354
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,605

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Federalist View Post
    A person such as you describe is not initiating aggression* against anyone.
    Yes they are as it is THEIR OWN ACTIONS IN BREAKING THE LAW which begins their own downfall.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #355
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Yes they are as it is THEIR OWN ACTIONS IN BREAKING THE LAW which begins their own downfall.
    No, they aren't the first ones to use aggression. They aren't violating or damaging another person's body, and they are not trespassing upon, damaging, or taking something owned by another.

    As I said right off the bat, you favor policies in which the government initiates aggression* against society. That's how I knew whatever solution you supported would involve the initiation of aggression* against others. You continue to prove that my assessment of your position was spot on.

    * Violation of or damage to another person's body; or trespass upon, damage to, or taking of something owned by another.

  6. #356
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,605

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Federalist View Post
    No, they aren't the first ones to use aggression. They aren't violating or damaging another person's body, and they are not trespassing upon, damaging, or taking something owned by another.

    As I said right off the bat, you favor policies in which the government initiates aggression* against society. That's how I knew whatever solution you supported would involve the initiation of aggression* against others. You continue to prove that my assessment of your position was spot on.

    * Violation of or damage to another person's body; or trespass upon, damage to, or taking of something owned by another.
    Can you name me one stable government in one functioning nation on the earth that does not engage in what you would label as this silly "initiation of aggression against others"?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #357
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    the two best offenders that come to mind in recent history
    Stalin's Union of Soviet Socialist Republics
    and Mao's Great Leap Forward

  8. #358
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,605

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Federalist View Post
    No, they aren't the first ones to use aggression. They aren't violating or damaging another person's body, and they are not trespassing upon, damaging, or taking something owned by another.
    They knowingly and willingly break the law of the land and in doing that it is they who initiate the actions that result in their punishment.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #359
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]


  10. #360
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    They knowingly and willingly break the law of the land and in doing that it is they who initiate the actions that result in their punishment.
    Right. So you agree that they are not the first ones to use aggression. It is the government that is the first one to use aggression.

Page 36 of 54 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •