Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 539

Thread: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

  1. #21
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,982

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So, can we now say that Obama policies are making it worse for the poor, and middle class yet...?
    Only if you are foolishly blinded by partisan politics. You're comparing pre-recession to what was essentially the very end of the recession. Furthermore, Obama wasn't in office until 2009, and his first two years were wholly the effects of the recession which was well underway before he even took office.

    So, like I said, only a blinded partisan fool could say those were the effects of Obama's policies, especially considering you even said in the headline it was a study of how the recession affected families, not Obama's policies.
    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, I can see it...But just know that the rhetorical flourishes you use come straight out of liberal tactic, and are designed to stifle debate through insult, rather than promote civil discussion.
    In fairness, when you post a question in the opening post of a thread which is clearly refuted by your own thread title, it's kind of hard to resist the insult.

  2. #22
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Only if you are foolishly blinded by partisan politics. You're comparing pre-recession to what was essentially the very end of the recession. Furthermore, Obama wasn't in office until 2009, and his first two years were wholly the effects of the recession which was well underway before he even took office.

    So, like I said, only a blinded partisan fool could say those were the effects of Obama's policies, especially considering you even said in the headline it was a study of how the recession affected families, not Obama's policies.
    In fairness, when you post a question in a thread which is clearly refuted by your own thread topic, it's kind of hard to resist the insult.
    And only a liberal hack would foolishly pretend that recessions in this country, at least until Lord Barry took the helm, rebounded twice as strong as the downturn that marked them. Also, Barry had near complete control of both houses of congress for the first two years, and couldn't be bothered to do things that actually helped the situation, instead he chose to pay off political allies, and ram broad new entitlements down our throats....Now we are 5 years in and it is still a mess out there....Great job!
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #23
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    There is a difference between 'spin', and outright lying...Obama is a liar.
    And you're a spinster. Birds of a feather take a **** together.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Arlington, tx
    Last Seen
    10-08-13 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    362

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    And only a liberal hack would foolishly pretend that recessions in this country, at least until Lord Barry took the helm, rebounded twice as strong as the downturn that marked them. Also, Barry had near complete control of both houses of congress for the first two years, and couldn't be bothered to do things that actually helped the situation, instead he chose to pay off political allies, and ram broad new entitlements down our throats....Now we are 5 years in and it is still a mess out there....Great job!
    So you expect any President to come in and snap his fingers and say its over with folks go spend money?? Sound like you want a dictator more than a President? Obama has done better than I expected and better than the Republican fools that got us in to this mess. Yes that includes the rights God Reagan.

  5. #25
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,208

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    When a proud "C" student makes a mess on his watch it's a big mess... The biggest for sixty years or more...
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  6. #26
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    only a blinded partisan fool could say those were the effects of Obama's policies,
    Barry won't be responsible for anything even years after he's out of office and we've all gone to the State exchanges for healthcare while working our 30 hour a week part time jobs, paying 12 dollars a gallon for gasoline after the war he started in the middle east rendered all the oil fields radioactive?

  7. #27
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Every one of Barry's policies has had it's intended effect:
    Increased spending and debt and the debasement of the currency
    raising taxes
    attacking the job creating classes
    stirring up racial hatred
    growth stifling regulation of businesses
    nationalizing GM & healthcare
    backing the Moselm Brotherhood in the Mid-East
    Gee its just that the results just aren't what some us want?

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Arlington, tx
    Last Seen
    10-08-13 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    362

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryOldGuy View Post
    Barry won't be responsible for anything even years after he's out of office and we've all gone to the State exchanges for healthcare while working our 30 hour a week part time jobs, paying 12 dollars a gallon for gasoline after the war he started in the middle east rendered all the oil fields radioactive?


    Link please? Or atleast the crystal ball you are looking into? Or have you had to many today?

  9. #29
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    I've lived long enough to see history repeating (again and again) and frankly its getting rather boring

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Arlington, tx
    Last Seen
    10-08-13 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    362

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryOldGuy View Post
    I've lived long enough to see history repeating (again and again) and frankly its getting rather boring
    So why are you a conservative then, seems you would have seen the failers of Reagan, Bush 1, and Bush 2, as ennough of reason not to believe in the bs those three pushed on America. Honestly Bush 1 was not that bad but the other two created many of the problems we have today!

Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •