Page 27 of 54 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 539

Thread: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

  1. #261
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,297

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by greengirl77 View Post
    Yeah then why are we almost dead last in every category. The only thing Perry and his bible thumpers have done is made this state a minimum wage mecca!
    And yet the people of this state still overwhelming vote Republican. What is it they know that you don't? It might help if you learned the ethnic makeup of this state and who actually makes up the samples being used.

  2. #262
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    I know. But it doesn't really matter. It's a problem the state faces and hasn't solved. I have nothing against Texas, or any state, but our friend made inaccurate statements.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #263
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,297

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I know. But it doesn't really matter. It's a problem the state faces and hasn't solved. I have nothing against Texas, or any state, but our friend made inaccurate statements.
    I assume that I am "our friend" so if that is the case and my willingness to learn please provide for me the inaccurate statements I have made so I can correct them and apologize?

  4. #264
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,297

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I know. But it doesn't really matter. It's a problem the state faces and hasn't solved. I have nothing against Texas, or any state, but our friend made inaccurate statements.
    What you seem to have a problem with is the roles and responsibilities of leadership. The cities and counties you listed are run by Democratic Mayors and you want to blame the Governor for the "will of the people" of the area. Interesting how the "will of the people" only seems to matter to you when that will supports your point of view. What you continue to point out is that you are a big govt. liberal where you want a central govt. providing you with everything you want. That isn't what our Founders created.

  5. #265
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,297

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by greengirl77 View Post
    Yeah then why are we almost dead last in every category. The only thing Perry and his bible thumpers have done is made this state a minimum wage mecca!
    Again, BLS shows there are almost 12 million working Texans and 500,000 of them make minimum wage which hardly makes TX a minimum wage mecca.

  6. #266
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I assume that I am "our friend" so if that is the case and my willingness to learn please provide for me the inaccurate statements I have made so I can correct them and apologize?
    I already have. You stated Texas was better with healthcare then MA, and that Texas was economically a great place to live. I had mentioned working poor, and you said Texas took care of them. I showed all of that is incorrect.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #267
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What you seem to have a problem with is the roles and responsibilities of leadership. The cities and counties you listed are run by Democratic Mayors and you want to blame the Governor for the "will of the people" of the area. Interesting how the "will of the people" only seems to matter to you when that will supports your point of view. What you continue to point out is that you are a big govt. liberal where you want a central govt. providing you with everything you want. That isn't what our Founders created.
    Yuo will find if you investigate that it is more of a state issue than a city issue. You're dancing so as to not admit your error.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #268
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,297

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I already have. You stated Texas was better with healthcare then MA, and that Texas was economically a great place to live. I had mentioned working poor, and you said Texas took care of them. I showed all of that is incorrect.
    Then please post where I stated that? TX is a great place to live economically. TX does take care of the working poor. Your opinion really doesn't matter much to me nor do any rankings which don't affect me personally either.

  9. #269
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,297

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yuo will find if you investigate that it is more of a state issue than a city issue. You're dancing so as to not admit your error.
    LOL, yep, your personal opinion noted.

  10. #270
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Then please post where I stated that? TX is a great place to live economically. TX does take care of the working poor. Your opinion really doesn't matter much to me nor do any rankings which don't affect me personally either.
    You just stated it again. And I've already shown those not to be true. Not an opinion, but factually. You rank low. That's a fact.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 27 of 54 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •