Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 539

Thread: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

  1. #221
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    That, unfortunately, is true of many of our federal programs, they are carefully designed to allow the need for them to continue or increase (mostly the latter) so that we the sheeple get fleeced forever yet nothing of consequence actually changes. Every election cycle we are reminded of the loafty goals of our annointed federal representatives, each assuring us that this next term will show us great progress on all manner of ills facing us and with plenty of time leftover for more progress on many fronts. Rinse and repeat...
    I won't argue that you're wrong, but also acknowledge many of the programs from the federal government were fought for by people and not really top down dictates.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #222
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,224

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    What I think? As much as you. Facts? Well
    they are
    different now aren't they. And Texas ranks low on healthcare. Education as well. Really, not a top tier state.
    LOL !!!

    If we could only be like the hell hole North Eastern States that bought into the great Liberal lie.

    The Houston Medical Center has been world renown for decades.

    I have family members who retired out of the Health Care Industry. One Pediatrician, one Internal Medicine Dr and a couple of RN's.

    We get a lot of traffic from all over the world that head here.

    Texas has been Obama's largest and just about only jobs contributor.

    As a proud son of the South, I wouldn't live anywhere else.

  3. #223
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

  4. #224
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,224

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]


  5. #225
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Elections have Consequences...
    Not in the liberal world where results don't matter and if the results are bad are blamed on someone else

  6. #226
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,224

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Elections have Consequences...

    And If Anthony Wiener is around its " Erections have Consequences "..

  7. #227
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,224

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Not in the liberal world where results don't matter and if the results are b
    ad are blamed on someone else
    Yes, Libs aren't very result oriented so its always about the sentiment.

    They "meant well".

  8. #228
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    LOL !!!

    If we could only be like the hell hole North Eastern States that bought into the great Liberal lie.

    The Houston Medical Center has been world renown for decades.

    I have family members who retired out of the Health Care Industry. One Pediatrician, one Internal Medicine Dr and a couple of RN's.

    We get a lot of traffic from all over the world that head here.

    Texas has been Obama's largest and just about only jobs contributor.

    As a proud son of the South, I wouldn't live anywhere else.
    Can you point to where I said anything about the Houston Medical Center?

    And you might be interested to know that people actually leave here to get care overseas.

    Lower costs lure U.S. patients abroad for treatment - CNN.com

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #229
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Can you point to where I said anything about the Houston Medical Center?

    And you might be interested to know that people actually leave here to get care overseas.

    Lower costs lure U.S. patients abroad for treatment - CNN.com
    And yet there is this, the 10 myths about American healthcare which you and other big govt. liberals want to ignore.

    The Top Ten Myths of American Health Care: A Citizen's Guide | Cato Institute

  10. #230
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Report shows how recession hit families [W:391, 502]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And yet there is this, the 10 myths about American healthcare which you and other big govt. liberals want to ignore.

    The Top Ten Myths of American Health Care: A Citizen's Guide | Cato Institute
    I'll repeat here the word you should pay attention to:

    COMMENTARY



    I gave you specific rankings. They are based on specific measures. You respond with commentary that uses vague words like good and bad, better and worse, and who Inaccurately throws out waiting times, and I've shown we wait here as well, and longer if you're poor.

    So, try again.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •