Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 296

Thread: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

  1. #81
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,513

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    And Bush 1 and 2 and Reagan all did that too.. Hell Reagan invaded a country without congressional approval.. boo hoo.
    Yeah? So? Oh, wait, it's ok when The One does it. My bad.

    Reagan didn't need to get congressional approval. It's called, THE WAR POWERS ACT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #82
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,672

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Congressional approval?

    Can't wait to see the cities filled with protesters waving their Obama War Monger banners... just as they did with Clinton and The Balkans. Oh! Right. That didn't happen... instead we had floods of protesters protesting to have America enter a conflict that was in incompetent Europe's backyard and wasn't in the US's national interest.

    Why not try UN sanctions for 12-years? Set up a no-fly zone? Send in UN Peacekeepers... Or waving a wieldy finger at Basher? Why doesn't Obama go there and talk to Basher without preconditions? Why jump into a war, straight into bombing Saddam's old buddy and innocent civilians when there are so many stereotypical Lib options on the table?

    Where is Michael Moore bad mouthing Obama and showing film of happy Syrian kids flying kites in Basher's Eden... just as he had propagandized for Saddam?

    Where is our ever shrinking president? Is he AWOL just like Benghazi?

    Many good points! And, to add to that, where are all the flag waving war dogs that were backing Bush when he started his war with lies and manipulations? Why are they not on the Obama war band wagon as well? Why, all of a sudden, are they "anti-war?" I think we all know the answer to that.

    War is war no matter what color the president is. One would think America would have learned it's lesson by now. I am sorely disappointed in Obama. He turned out to be not much better than G.W. Bush, IMO. When America, the people who elected him to represent them, is so against any action in Syria, how could Obama only hear the cries of the war dogs? This has the makings of a start to a global war. Syria is not worth it. They burn American flags over there. Remember?

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  3. #83
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,513

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    It just dawned on me what you guys mean when you say Obama (or anyone that is not far right) is antiAmerican. You really mean he is antiRight Wing. And, since right wingers arent really Americans anymore, now they are republicans, you guys just say he is AntiAmerican. I get it.
    Don't strain yourself carrying water for The One.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #84
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,513

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    But you will condemn Obama no matter what. The irony is unmistakable.
    When did I condemn Obama for threatening to zap Syria?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #85
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,513

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Canell View Post
    So, you're actually saying the president can do whatever he wants, ignoring Congress?!
    For 90 days, yes he can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #86
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Demonstrating who used chemical weapons, or if chemical weapons were even used at all is going to be a little difficult, since the type of sarin gas which is alleged to have been used dissipates quickly, and chances are that the UN inspectors got there too late to find evidence, since the evidence, if there is any, has deteriorated and is no more. That leaves us with other evidence, namely the victims, but it is going to be impossible to determine who gassed them, the government or the rebels.

    There is yet another aspect to this case. The rebels consist largely of Islamic militants, and even some of whats left of al-Queda. Do we help them by bringing down the government of Syria, as bad as it is? I think the Russians are correct in supporting the government, and the Russians have more to lose than America does, since Syria is much closer to home for them.

    So here is where I stand: Let's do nothing and hope that both sides destroy each other.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  7. #87
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,672

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Demonstrating who used chemical weapons, or if chemical weapons were even used at all is going to be a little difficult, since the type of sarin gas which is alleged to have been used dissipates quickly, and chances are that the UN inspectors got there too late to find evidence, since the evidence, if there is any, has deteriorated and is no more. That leaves us with other evidence, namely the victims, but it is going to be impossible to determine who gassed them, the government or the rebels.

    There is yet another aspect to this case. The rebels consist largely of Islamic militants, and even some of whats left of al-Queda. Do we help them by bringing down the government of Syria, as bad as it is? I think the Russians are correct in supporting the government, and the Russians have more to lose than America does, since Syria is much closer to home for them.

    So here is where I stand: Let's do nothing and hope that both sides destroy each other.
    One would think America would have learned their lesson about starting wars using bad or fabricated intel. I guess not.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You're missing the point, the Left was totally against Iraq.....right after they voted for it. Now's their chance to show us how it's done. How it's done is obvious exactly the way Bush would have done it, making the Left the biggest hypocites in the galaxy.
    Democratic centrists and Republicans authorized the war in Iraq. The handful of leftists in congress and the senate opposed it, including my representative. Hundreds of thousands of leftists protested the war before and after it started.

  9. #89
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    That could be the chemical weapons Bush went to war over. Damn, finally found them.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  10. #90
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,300

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You're missing the point, the Left was totally against Iraq.....

    Never mind you left out a few important facts. But hey, what are a few important facts to a righty such as yourself? You just make them up as you go.

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •