Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 296

Thread: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

  1. #271
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    but is our only option DRILL BABY DRILL?
    In the short term, yes, but all options should be on the table for the future. I could see NG becoming a major factor while we explore long term solutions...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  2. #272
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    So now you say those who serve like Gore and Kerry are Chickenhawks. Got it.

    And how many different wings of the republican party are attacking whatever Obama does.

    I won't bother you anymore since you're part of America weakening the POTUS just for the sake of it.
    Probably All of them.....just like the Dems do when there a Repub in Office.

    Try again.....holding one accountable for their own words and actions is hardly part of weakening America.

    Your loss not mine.

  3. #273
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    The members agreed that an armed attack against any one of them in Europe or North America would be considered an attack against them all. Consequently they agreed that, if an armed attack occurred, each of them, in exercise of the right of individual or collective self-defence, would assist the member being attacked, taking such action as it deemed necessary, including the use of armed force, to restore and maintain the security of the North Atlantic area. The treaty does not require members to respond with military action against an aggressor. Although obliged to respond, they maintain the freedom to choose the method by which they do so.

    NATO - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    You need to stop getting all emotional about this...
    Emotional? Not hardly. The wishy washy wording is because of the laws of the US and the role Congress is supposed to play in deciding who we go to war with. It was written that way to met our legal requirements. All parties were satisfied with the wording, congress, the president, other nations and the treaty signed.

    If any nation didn't want to honor the treaty, in spirit and intent, they should not have signed it. It's now clear many countries only wanted the benefits of the treaty not the burdens.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  4. #274
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by greengirl77 View Post
    Here is my question to all of this has Syria attacked the USA in anyway, shape, or form? Otherwise why the hell are send our men and woman into harms way. This is crap!
    EXACTLY. But don't come in here and rain on the war mongers parade.

  5. #275
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,781

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    Emotional? Not hardly. The wishy washy wording is because of the laws of the US and the role Congress is supposed to play in deciding who we go to war with. It was written that way to met our legal requirements. All parties were satisfied with the wording, congress, the president, other nations and the treaty signed.

    If any nation didn't want to honor the treaty, in spirit and intent, they should not have signed it. It's now clear many countries only wanted the benefits of the treaty not the burdens.
    Not emotional...? I think that you were in such a blind emotional rage that you didn't read your own post. It was laced with hatred. Fact is that the Treaty does not require members to react with force. Your opinion is just that. Your opinion also does not match the facts. The facts clearly show that 46 other nations sent military personal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #276
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    EXACTLY. But don't come in here and rain on the war mongers parade.
    Now now MC .....you know you can't take away from what is best in life.


  7. #277
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Now now MC .....you know you can't take away from what is best in life.


    Ooooh Kay.

  8. #278
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    In the short term, yes, but all options should be on the table for the future. I could see NG becoming a major factor while we explore long term solutions...
    O.K. ... gotta go .. be well ...

  9. #279
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    488

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    So...tell me more about these "cowboys" and "neo-cons"

    Incrementally, and always under the guise of "fairness", "equality", and "social justice", the US Constitution has been deceitfully interpreted in ways that remove all limitations on central authority...and place them on the people.

  10. #280
    Guru
    the_recruit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,176

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    EXACTLY. But don't come in here and rain on the war mongers parade.
    War monger's parade? But this thread is full nansy pansy peaceniks...

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •