Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 296

Thread: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

  1. #261
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    and yet the Russians left and your bases remain, but of course the US isn't getting anything out of it right?
    No. Most of our bases have long been turned back over to the host nations, except for a few. As always, if any host nation has an objection to our presence, we can pack up and leave from there too. But for some reason, countries seem to want us to stick around.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  2. #262
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,252

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    No. Most of our bases have long been turned back over to the host nations, except for a few. As always, if any host nation has an objection to our presence, we can pack up and leave from there too. But for some reason, countries seem to want us to stick around.
    lol Yeh would love to watch what would happen if the Germans tried to boot you out...It would not happen.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  3. #263
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    I agree, it is a mess because the secularists were mostly annihilated in the early going...

    If we know the surprise is Thursday, it won't be much of a surprise, and if chemical weapons were used, they most likely won't be at the previous location...
    I was of course facetious about the "surprise" ... I'm still hoping that we wait for the U.N.'s investigation ...

  4. #264
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    I was of course facetious about the "surprise" ... I'm still hoping that we wait for the U.N.'s investigation ...
    Why do you think the President has not called Congress back into session? Hell even Cameron has done so...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  5. #265
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    tell that to the families of the 1100 dead collation soldiers and police forces.
    They probably feel somewhat similar about things as I do. While I'm certainly not belittling their individual efforts or sacrifice, in many cases their native countries efforts has shed less than a positive feeling about what it was that they were doing there to begin with.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  6. #266
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,957

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    Because the treaty doesn't say that. At one time we had almost 500,000 troops in Europe prepared to fight off the Russians and the Warsaw Pact. We placed no conditions on the other treaty members. They got attacked, we fought with them and honestly, until Reagan came along, probably would have gotten whipped right there with them.
    The members agreed that an armed attack against any one of them in Europe or North America would be considered an attack against them all. Consequently they agreed that, if an armed attack occurred, each of them, in exercise of the right of individual or collective self-defence, would assist the member being attacked, taking such action as it deemed necessary, including the use of armed force, to restore and maintain the security of the North Atlantic area. The treaty does not require members to respond with military action against an aggressor. Although obliged to respond, they maintain the freedom to choose the method by which they do so.

    NATO - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    You need to stop getting all emotional about this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  7. #267
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Why do you think the President has not called Congress back into session? Hell even Cameron has done so...
    good question ... there is a lot of info we don't have, but it sure as hell looks like this could be handled better than it has been ... but this part of the world is a bear to figure out ... the farther we stay away from it, the happier I will be ...

  8. #268
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    good question ... there is a lot of info we don't have, but it sure as hell looks like this could be handled better than it has been ... but this part of the world is a bear to figure out ... the farther we stay away from it, the happier I will be ...
    The only issue with that portion of the world is our dependence on the Suez Canal and our lack of will to become energy independent so as not to depend on it...

    Other than that, I'd say let them work out their own issues...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  9. #269
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Arlington, tx
    Last Seen
    10-08-13 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    362

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Here is my question to all of this has Syria attacked the USA in anyway, shape, or form? Otherwise why the hell are send our men and woman into harms way. This is crap!

  10. #270
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    The only issue with that portion of the world is our dependence on the Suez Canal and our lack of will to become energy independent so as not to depend on it...

    Other than that, I'd say let them work out their own issues...
    but is our only option DRILL BABY DRILL?

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •