Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 296

Thread: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

  1. #221
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,289

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    the voice of Russia? I wouldn't be jumping aboard that boat any time soon.

    I don't believe I've seen your links to any other proof. I know that the mainstream media in the US is adjusting the information due to intelligence agency manipulation to gin up a war. I just read an AP (associated press) article today that said the rebels used gas in December and that is the UN report you just linked to. The rebels used the gas, and gosh, they fooled AP or own AP, as is the more likely case. War is good business. OIL in Syria. Nice port on the Med. Great pipeline route. The first profits of war go to the energy corporations like Exxon/Mobil, Chevron, BP, Total, etc. because wars run on energy and if new resources fall into the energy corporations hands as a result of the war, they will profit again. Any competent marketing department would push for new war/wars at every opportunity. Oh Wait. Wars aren't about OIL Wait, lobby money from BIG Energy corporations to politicians isn't the same as bribes.

  2. #222
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,289

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    Rebels, Gov forces it matters not because if chemical weapons are being used and we sit back and do nothing then our position will be weakened for decades. What is the point of the UN and Nato if we sit back and allow this bloodbath to continue?

    The point is that, if we are going to kill somebody, it should be the rebels. It is the rebels that used the chemical weapons.

  3. #223
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,241

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Syria is now a NATO concern? Can you explain precisely why hat is?

    WTF is the sense of having an Arab League if they do nothing?
    Well given the fact Turkey are a member of Nato and potentially Chemical Weapons are being use on their doorstep I think it might be an issue for them. Nato also enforced a no-flyzone in Libya back in 2011 so what is different in this case?
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  4. #224
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,647

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    The point is that, if we are going to kill somebody, it should be the rebels. It is the rebels that used the chemical weapons.
    Did they? Maybe. Maybe not.

    Point is, we cannot afford to go into another war half-cocked with incomplete or false information.

    America has a super power military. Unless it is our objective to go in and lay waste to the land now known as Syria, we need to keep out of it. Let somebody else deal with the light work from now on. Screw 'em.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  5. #225
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,544

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    Well given the fact Turkey are a member of Nato and potentially Chemical Weapons are being use on their doorstep I think it might be an issue for them. Nato also enforced a no-flyzone in Libya back in 2011 so what is different in this case?
    Then let Turkey lead and tell them that we (meaning all of NATO) have their back. Using U.S. military resources everytime some foreign moron goes "out of bounds" is getting quite old to me.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  6. #226
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,241

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Then let Turkey lead and tell them that we (meaning all of NATO) have their back. Using U.S. military resources everytime some foreign moron goes "out of bounds" is getting quite old to me.
    Then pull out of Afghanistan, close your military bases around the world and go home. If you don't want to play anymore stop stepping up to bat.

  7. #227
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Did they? Maybe. Maybe not.

    Point is, we cannot afford to go into another war half-cocked with incomplete or false information.

    America has a super power military. Unless it is our objective to go in and lay waste to the land now known as Syria, we need to keep out of it. Let somebody else deal with the light work from now on. Screw 'em.
    I do not think there is any intention to go into a war. Strikes would be the most likely to happen.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #228
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The problem is you see inconsistancies where none exist. Let me ask you a simple question: is an invasion and occupation the same thing as air and missile strikes? Careful, this is a trick question and you cannot come out looking good either way you answer.
    Both are acts of war so there isn't much "trick" to it. Unless you are trying to imply that air and missile strikes are cheap, safe and clean. But being Clinton killed as many if not more civilians in Kosovo than "enemy troops" it's tough to even pretend that. On the other hand, if you mean the trick is to take some heat off a President who made a mistake like Clinton and Monica or Obama and his stupid "red line" remark, well that's a "trick". Of course Clinton pulled his "trick" supporting the muslim's and they rewarded us later on with 9/11. Of course today, Obama would attack Assad, who knows maybe kill him and leave who in charge? That's right, radical muslims. They wouldn't say thanks.

    So if Obama pulls off this "trick" without an invasion and creates conditions where our sworn enemies thrive, whose better off? Not us. Not free loving people anywhere in the world. I think it would have been much better to have had a competent president who knew better than to have ever made such a stupid remark as our did with his "red line" remark. Or at least one fully prepared to send his nation to war over those type actions.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  9. #229
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Sure.....neither Iran or Venezuela should be trying to affect our interests in any adverse way. As they are unable to take us on in anything. So they definitely should not be out on the World Stage flapping those tongues. Talking any type of Smack talk.....at all, and definitely not making any threats.


    Now we may have been a bad actor thru sheer incompetency. But we have never really tried to be the Bad Guys or the Bad Actors with purpose.

    Wow! I've seen you post valuable material here, but that there is off the rails. Have you ever seen the time line of CIA atrocities in Latin America? And the number of governments there that the US, via the CIA, has toppled, often replacing with dictators that served US multi national corporate interests but were brutal to their citizenry? Do you know anything about Pinochet, or the manipulation of the IMF, and the monetary destruction it caused down there or do you understand WHY Chavez was so disenchanted with the US and encouraged his Latin American neighbours to pay off their loans to the IMF and never do business with them again. Do you remember the US instigating the forced landing of Bolivians airforce one and detainment of their president on the tarmac for 12 hours, because they thought he was smuggling Snowden out of Russia, and they were WRONG? How about invading Iraq, overthrowing their government, occupying their country for a decade, killing a couple hundred thousand civilians, making refugees out of a couple million more, doing billions of dollars damage to the countries infrastructure and leaving it in the ruins it's in now. How about standing idol while Israel waged a 51 day war in Lebanon back in June of 06, while they killed 1,500 civilians, made 750,000 refugees and destroyed 3 billion dollars worth of infrastructure. How about abusing the UN resolution to use military force in Libya to protect the civilians to overthrow the government, without congressional authorisation, defined by Louise Fisher, constitutional expert for forty years at the congressional library as an impeachable act. This is the definition of "bad actor" and I just scratched the surface.

  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Navy ready to launch first strike on Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Wow! I've seen you post valuable material here, but that there is off the rails. Have you ever seen the time line of CIA atrocities in Latin America? And the number of governments there that the US, via the CIA, has toppled, often replacing with dictators that served US multi national corporate interests but were brutal to their citizenry? Do you know anything about Pinochet, or the manipulation of the IMF, and the monetary destruction it caused down there or do you understand WHY Chavez was so disenchanted with the US and encouraged his Latin American neighbours to pay off their loans to the IMF and never do business with them again. Do you remember the US instigating the forced landing of Bolivians airforce one and detainment of their president on the tarmac for 12 hours, because they thought he was smuggling Snowden out of Russia, and they were WRONG? How about invading Iraq, overthrowing their government, occupying their country for a decade, killing a couple hundred thousand civilians, making refugees out of a couple million more, doing billions of dollars damage to the countries infrastructure and leaving it in the ruins it's in now. How about standing idol while Israel waged a 51 day war in Lebanon back in June of 06, while they killed 1,500 civilians, made 750,000 refugees and destroyed 3 billion dollars worth of infrastructure. How about abusing the UN resolution to use military force in Libya to protect the civilians to overthrow the government, without congressional authorisation, defined by Louise Fisher, constitutional expert for forty years at the congressional library as an impeachable act. This is the definition of "bad actor" and I just scratched the surface.
    I think you misunderstood.....in playing the bad guy and what I meant. My version.....

    I meant Really playing the bad guys. Meaning one thing only.....our interests. Doing and taking whatever we want. Meaning when we move out. We always come back with land and treasure. Especially Land.....taken from whomever.....however. Even if it meant tricking them into selling all their land. In effect being bad and not giving a damn about what anyone else thinks.

    Now we have never been like that.....ever.

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •