Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Donald Trump Investment School Sued by NY Attorney General......

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Donald Trump Investment School Sued by NY Attorney General......

    New York state's attorney general said on Sunday he has filed a $40 million lawsuit against Donald Trump and his for-profit investment school, accusing them of engaging in illegal business practices.



    New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman alleged that the real estate mogul, a former executive and the Trump Entrepreneur Institute - called Trump University until 2010 - made false claims about classes at the school, including that Trump handpicked instructors.

    The attorney general said from 2005 to 2011, the Trump school operated without an educational license while misleading consumers into paying for courses promising to teach Trump's real estate investment techniques.

    More than 5,000 people nationally took the courses, paying $40 million, Schneiderman said.

    The lawsuit is seeking restitution of at least $40 million, as well as a disgorgement of profits, penalties and an injunction, Schneiderman's office said.

    A lawyer for Trump did not immediately respond to requests for comment. But after the lawsuit was first reported in The New York Times late Saturday, Trump said in a post on Twitter: "Lightweight NYS Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is trying to extort me with a civil law suit."

    The tweet also linked to a website, which claims: "Trump University has a 98 percent approval rating.".....snip~

    Donald Trump investment school sued by NY attorney general - Yahoo! Finance Canada


    Looks like somebody is mad at Don-oowed. 2005 til 2011????? Yet no one in the Media ever went after Trump over this when he was all up in Obama's Face. Slamming Democrats and Repubs. Talking about running for the President. Just now they are finding something like this out.....when they were looking to discredit him before. Think they trying to make sure Trump don't get back up into the play of things again?

    Didn't take Trump long to respond over twitter either. Do you think the NY AG got the message?

  2. #2
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,566

    Re: Donald Trump Investment School Sued by NY Attorney General......

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    New York state's attorney general said on Sunday he has filed a $40 million lawsuit against Donald Trump and his for-profit investment school, accusing them of engaging in illegal business practices.



    New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman alleged that the real estate mogul, a former executive and the Trump Entrepreneur Institute - called Trump University until 2010 - made false claims about classes at the school, including that Trump handpicked instructors.

    The attorney general said from 2005 to 2011, the Trump school operated without an educational license while misleading consumers into paying for courses promising to teach Trump's real estate investment techniques.

    More than 5,000 people nationally took the courses, paying $40 million, Schneiderman said.

    The lawsuit is seeking restitution of at least $40 million, as well as a disgorgement of profits, penalties and an injunction, Schneiderman's office said.

    A lawyer for Trump did not immediately respond to requests for comment. But after the lawsuit was first reported in The New York Times late Saturday, Trump said in a post on Twitter: "Lightweight NYS Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is trying to extort me with a civil law suit."

    The tweet also linked to a website, which claims: "Trump University has a 98 percent approval rating.".....snip~

    Donald Trump investment school sued by NY attorney general - Yahoo! Finance Canada


    Looks like somebody is mad at Don-oowed. 2005 til 2011????? Yet no one in the Media ever went after Trump over this when he was all up in Obama's Face. Slamming Democrats and Repubs. Talking about running for the President. Just now they are finding something like this out.....when they were looking to discredit him before. Think they trying to make sure Trump don't get back up into the play of things again?

    Didn't take Trump long to respond over twitter either. Do you think the NY AG got the message?
    It would seem that NY missed their cut of the Donald's action and are thus quite upset.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Donald Trump Investment School Sued by NY Attorney General......

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    It would seem that NY missed their cut of the Donald's action and are thus quite upset.
    Trump didn't take long to call the NY AG a lightweight.

  4. #4
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,566

    Re: Donald Trump Investment School Sued by NY Attorney General......

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Trump didn't take long to call the NY AG a lightweight.
    He has faith in his lawyers and likely enjoys the added press attention and chances to get on more "news" radio and TV shows.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Donald Trump Investment School Sued by NY Attorney General......

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    He has faith in his lawyers and likely enjoys the added press attention and chances to get on more "news" radio and TV shows.
    I was just thinking how he will use this to show the Democrats went after him over BS.....might even see a commercial out of him. If he wants to play with their heads a little.

  6. #6
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,566

    Re: Donald Trump Investment School Sued by NY Attorney General......

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    I was just thinking how he will use this to show the Democrats went after him over BS.....might even see a commercial out of him. If he wants to play with their heads a little.
    Yep. How to go from a being a solid one percenter to a "little guy" being picked on by the huge nanny state in short order.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Donald Trump Investment School Sued by NY Attorney General......

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Yep. How to go from a being a solid one percenter to a "little guy" being picked on by the huge nanny state in short order.
    I'm surprised the Left isn't all over this. Any other time they luv to slam Trump.

  8. #8
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,566

    Re: Donald Trump Investment School Sued by NY Attorney General......

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    I'm surprised the Left isn't all over this. Any other time they luv to slam Trump.
    If they say anything then it is simply more free publicity for the Donald, and they know he is likely to get his say in return. They probably want this to cost him some communication resources that must be diverted to cover his legal expenses in this matter, so it is counter productive to give him any more free press exposure.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Donald Trump Investment School Sued by NY Attorney General......

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    I'm surprised the Left isn't all over this. Any other time they luv to slam Trump.
    Maybe they find the "Trump University has a 98 percent approval rating" discouraging.

  10. #10
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,077
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Donald Trump Investment School Sued by NY Attorney General......

    There's rarely been a better time for someone to learn about risks and losses than at Trump U.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •