Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 54

Thread: US Arrests Man 'with Uranium for Iran in Shoes'.....

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: US Arrests Man 'with Uranium for Iran in Shoes'.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Gotta wonder how a moron of such epic proportion managed to get even a little uranium.
    Given the reliability of the news do we even know he had uranium? If he did work for a mining company he might have had some, so i cannot say it is a total fabrication, but he did seem to be trying to scam people. I figure a thousand tons of the stuff gone missing from some company is probably going to be missed. It is not like you could just walk along and pick that stuff up and save that much for a sale. It seems like they might have busted him for an attempt even though the sale was not legit. I also figure as a dense metal it probably would have shown up on an X-ray when he got onto the plane. I would hope that present technology and airport security would have been aware that actual uranium was getting on a plane.

  2. #42
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,925

    Re: US Arrests Man 'with Uranium for Iran in Shoes'.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Gotta wonder how a moron of such epic proportion managed to get even a little uranium.
    Uranium is actually quite easy to get. It takes several tons of uranium to actually get anything that might be remotely dangerous. Uranium can be used in machined and cast for vehicle armour and for armour penetrating ammunition. In fact that's what the US does with its depleted uranium from the nuclear refining process. Its got more depleted stuff lying around then it knows what to do with. Depleted simply means that all the radioactive isotopes or at least most have been removed or used. Of course depleted is only depleted for about a month then it becomes regular U238 and the normal mix of radioactive isotopes.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: US Arrests Man 'with Uranium for Iran in Shoes'.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    that's hilarious
    Heya Doc. Yeah.....I thought so to. Which is why I said something about a diversion.

    Course with the First OP they didn't say if he was a US Citizen or Foreigner. Only throwing up the Name Campbell. Now as we have some more details we see he isn't a US Citizen.

    If he would have been. Then he would be a traitor.

    Also I would question G.E. also as to why they are conducting and have been doing Business with and in Iran.

  4. #44
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: US Arrests Man 'with Uranium for Iran in Shoes'.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Gotta wonder how a moron of such epic proportion managed to get even a little uranium.
    I think amazon used to carry yellow cake samples for testing geiger counters.

    There is also this

    Uranium Metal Sample 10 Grams Extremely High Quality | eBay

    So this guy selling ore from a mine in SL isn't exactly unpossible


    allAfrica.com: Sierra Leone: Wikileaks - Usu Boie Blocked Russia, Others From Uranium in Sierra Leone

    ‘Definite’ uranium mining potential in Randfontein, says acting Harmony CEO

  5. #45
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: US Arrests Man 'with Uranium for Iran in Shoes'.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    I think amazon used to carry yellow cake samples for testing geiger counters.

    There is also this

    Uranium Metal Sample 10 Grams Extremely High Quality | eBay
    How funny. He buys a little uranium on e-bay and then hopes to get paid up front for 1000 tons. Perhaps the dumbest hustler ever.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: US Arrests Man 'with Uranium for Iran in Shoes'.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    A man was arrested in New York City's international airport with uranium destined for Iran hidden in the soles of his shoes, the US Justice Department said.

    Patrick Campbell, 33, who was arrested Wednesday as he arrived at the John F Kennedy airport from Paris, is accused of trying to act as an intermediary to sell Iran 1,000 tons of purified uranium, in violation of US law.

    The Sierra Leone-based Campbell had been under surveillance since May 2012, when he responded to an ad on the site Alibaba.com by someone looking to buy uranium 308, or yellow cake.

    Asked to supply 1,000 tons of uranium -- disguised with other types of ore to escape detection -- Campbell promised to ship the product, disguised as chromite, from Sierra Leone to the port of Bandar Abbas in Iran.

    Investigators also found contact information for the sale and delivery of the uranium on a USB key.

    Accused of violating US law concerning transactions with Iran, Campbell could face up to 20 years in prison and a fine of $1 million.

    The case was transferred to a federal court in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.....snip~

    US arrests man 'with uranium for Iran in shoes'

    This guy is a TRAITOR.....what defense is there? He was merely doing business. If he is an American then he is a Traitor. 20 years and 1 million dollar fine. Just isn't enough. Can you believe this. In NY.....caught with the stuff in the soles of his shoes. Worse is.....somehow this guy could get his hands on that much Uranium. 1000 tons. What do you think should take place with this guy?
    But nobody actually died! Please, now is the time for tolerance and acceptance. Let him return home to his loved ones where they can prepare for Labor Day weekend in peace.

  7. #47
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: US Arrests Man 'with Uranium for Iran in Shoes'.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    How funny. He buys a little uranium on e-bay and then hopes to get paid up front for 1000 tons. Perhaps the dumbest hustler ever.
    or he could have had access to a large amount of uranium oxide from SL and be extremely naive and stupid ...

    As I was trying to point out in my post, this stuff doesn't appear to be as difficult to acquire as some here think

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: US Arrests Man 'with Uranium for Iran in Shoes'.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    But nobody actually died! Please, now is the time for tolerance and acceptance. Let him return home to his loved ones where they can prepare for Labor Day weekend in peace.
    I think a Pharoah once said......As it is written, let it be so!

  9. #49
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    Re: US Arrests Man 'with Uranium for Iran in Shoes'.....

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    I don't know diddly about specific types of uranium, yellow cake, etc... but isn't that stuff radioactive?? Who would be stupid enough to expose themselves to that much radioactivity for several hours? Unless, of course, he had lead lined shoes, in which case tottering like a tethered astronaut on a space walk might have been a give-away.
    Nah, "yellowcake" uranium is unenriched, so is more dangerous as a heavy metal than as a radiation hazard. You actually don't even need radiation gear to handle it. From what I understand, it tends to be a sort of powdery texture so there are inhalation risks.

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    How funny. He buys a little uranium on e-bay and then hopes to get paid up front for 1000 tons. Perhaps the dumbest hustler ever.
    If it had worked you'd be calling him the best hustler ever!
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #50
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: US Arrests Man 'with Uranium for Iran in Shoes'.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    A man was arrested in New York City's international airport with uranium destined for Iran hidden in the soles of his shoes, the US Justice Department said.

    Patrick Campbell, 33, who was arrested Wednesday as he arrived at the John F Kennedy airport from Paris, is accused of trying to act as an intermediary to sell Iran 1,000 tons of purified uranium, in violation of US law.

    The Sierra Leone-based Campbell had been under surveillance since May 2012, when he responded to an ad on the site Alibaba.com by someone looking to buy uranium 308, or yellow cake.

    Asked to supply 1,000 tons of uranium -- disguised with other types of ore to escape detection -- Campbell promised to ship the product, disguised as chromite, from Sierra Leone to the port of Bandar Abbas in Iran.

    Investigators also found contact information for the sale and delivery of the uranium on a USB key.

    Accused of violating US law concerning transactions with Iran, Campbell could face up to 20 years in prison and a fine of $1 million.

    The case was transferred to a federal court in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.....snip~

    US arrests man 'with uranium for Iran in shoes'

    This guy is a TRAITOR.....what defense is there? He was merely doing business. If he is an American then he is a Traitor. 20 years and 1 million dollar fine. Just isn't enough. Can you believe this. In NY.....caught with the stuff in the soles of his shoes. Worse is.....somehow this guy could get his hands on that much Uranium. 1000 tons. What do you think should take place with this guy?
    How do you fit 1000 tons of uranium in your shoes?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •