Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54

Thread: US Arrests Man 'with Uranium for Iran in Shoes'.....

  1. #21
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    08-27-13 @ 10:12 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23

    Re: US Arrests Man 'with Uranium for Iran in Shoes'.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Heya LT. NBC and a couple others say Homeland Security. Other say ICE. Either way with Iran popping off at the mouth over Syria today. Won't put them in any good light.
    Why would anyone care what iran has to say? That fake regime should have been liquidated years ago, and probably will be by the end of this one/early next.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: US Arrests Man 'with Uranium for Iran in Shoes'.....

    Quote Originally Posted by madisonr View Post
    Why would anyone care what iran has to say? That fake regime should have been liquidated years ago, and probably will be by the end of this one/early next.
    I think you would have to ask the UN that. Since they put up with it all the time. Same with the Security Council. Myself I would have to see them walk the walk.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: US Arrests Man 'with Uranium for Iran in Shoes'.....

    So all that effort and spying on american people along with all the complaints over the TSA have resulted in us busting a scammer who did not even know enough about uranium to get the isotopes right? I guess that is something. Still it sounds to me more like a story that is being blown up for public propaganda because the US thinks everyone is a bunch of idiots who will herald the apprehension of one of the world's stupidest criminals. It is not like they took down Al capone here, more like they took down beavis and butthead. I am good with them tossing the idiot in jail, but I am not terribly impressed.

  4. #24
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: US Arrests Man 'with Uranium for Iran in Shoes'.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    when he responded to an ad on the site Alibaba.com
    that's hilarious

  5. #25
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,078
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: US Arrests Man 'with Uranium for Iran in Shoes'.....

    Reminds me of when the FBI busted up a "terrorist plat" to attack the Sears Tower. I don't know who's dumber: the guy who got caught or the people who are falling for this propoganda garbage.

  6. #26
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: US Arrests Man 'with Uranium for Iran in Shoes'.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    My gut is telling me this is just some random unstable guy who never actually had access to that much uranium. Because someone in that line of work being dumb enough to walk around with uranium IN HIS FREAKING SHOES doesn't seem likely.

    Some stories are just too weird.
    I'm not sure yellow cake is really that rare or hard to acquire: over 60,000 tons are produced every year

    PS as far as the shoes, I imagine they contained a sample to be used to negotiate price

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: US Arrests Man 'with Uranium for Iran in Shoes'.....

    Never heard abut them before and assumed they were a Middle East version of Craigslist, but they seem to have spread out a great deal since their 1999 inception

    Alibaba Group

  8. #28
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: US Arrests Man 'with Uranium for Iran in Shoes'.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Never heard abut them before and assumed they were a Middle East version of Craigslist, but they seem to have spread out a great deal since their 1999 inception

    Alibaba Group
    I think they are headquartered in China somewhere. Possibly Beijing. their main business is serving as a portal for manufacturers in places like China and India to advertise their products to importers

  9. #29
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,287

    Re: US Arrests Man 'with Uranium for Iran in Shoes'.....

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    So all that effort and spying on american people along with all the complaints over the TSA have resulted in us busting a scammer who did not even know enough about uranium to get the isotopes right? I guess that is something. Still it sounds to me more like a story that is being blown up for public propaganda because the US thinks everyone is a bunch of idiots who will herald the apprehension of one of the world's stupidest criminals. It is not like they took down Al capone here, more like they took down beavis and butthead. I am good with them tossing the idiot in jail, but I am not terribly impressed.
    I guess he is stupid thanks to public education.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: US Arrests Man 'with Uranium for Iran in Shoes'.....

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I guess he is stupid thanks to public education.
    It might have been his 8" high platform shoes that gave him away.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •