Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 55

Thread: Feds are building a detective squad to target consumers and companies that don't foll

  1. #41
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Feds are building a detective squad to target consumers and companies that don't

    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinWillers View Post
    One more reminder that "healthcare" (under the guise of "Obama"care) is just a false front for what the Democrats have really been pursuing for the past 100 years - raw, unmitigated power.
    No doubt...the only thing I would add is that more so than a Democrat objective, it is a progressive agenda. Those come from both sides of the isle.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #42
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: Feds are building a detective squad to target consumers and companies that don't

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No doubt...the only thing I would add is that more so than a Democrat objective, it is a progressive agenda. Those come from both sides of the isle.
    That's [sadly] true.

    Unfortunately, the Democrat party has practically been swallowed up by progressives; that there are some republican remoras (suckerfish) who've attached themselves to the shark is another issue.

    The problem is that our federal government has become so big, so massive, it's literally become the 2nd citizen in this nation - and its own party, if you will. We keep on thinking we're a nation of citizens and our government is "us." But it's not. The government has become "self-aware."

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Feds are building a detective squad to target consumers and companies that don't

    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinWillers View Post
    That's [sadly] true.

    Unfortunately, the Democrat party has practically been swallowed up by progressives; that there are some republican remoras (suckerfish) who've attached themselves to the shark is another issue.

    The problem is that our federal government has become so big, so massive, it's literally become the 2nd citizen in this nation - and its own party, if you will. We keep on thinking we're a nation of citizens and our government is "us." But it's not. The government has become "self-aware."
    It's become an archaic idea that the government and its bureaucracy work for us, that the taxpayer is boss. To do get back what was lost might be greater State rights, with the threat of secession if necessary. This threat may not be possible but the power of the Feds must inevitably be challenged before all personal freedoms are lost.

  4. #44
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: Feds are building a detective squad to target consumers and companies that don't

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It's become an archaic idea that the government and its bureaucracy work for us, that the taxpayer is boss. To do get back what was lost might be greater State rights, with the threat of secession if necessary. This threat may not be possible but the power of the Feds must inevitably be challenged before all personal freedoms are lost.
    Well, I agree; and it's deplorable that the state of affairs sank this low before we as a nation are realizing just how close we've come to becoming a totalitarian nation.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Feds are building a detective squad to target consumers and companies that don't

    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinWillers View Post
    Well, I agree; and it's deplorable that the state of affairs sank this low before we as a nation are realizing just how close we've come to becoming a totalitarian nation.
    The problem in mho is that the coming generation won't even know what they lost. Only those old enough to remember will understand, while they will see it as normal.

  6. #46
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: Feds are building a detective squad to target consumers and companies that don't

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The problem in mho is that the coming generation won't even know what they lost. Only those old enough to remember will understand, while they will see it as normal.
    Good point. But then, that's one of the prerequisites for it being able to happen in the first place - a dumbed down populace of low-information voters who don't know any better because the regime that taught them made sure they never learned what previous generations were taught so diligently.

  7. #47
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Feds are building a detective squad to target consumers and companies that don't

    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinWillers View Post
    Good point. But then, that's one of the prerequisites for it being able to happen in the first place - a dumbed down populace of low-information voters who don't know any better because the regime that taught them made sure they never learned what previous generations were taught so diligently.
    One of the facets we should be copying is the take over of the nations education system...We should be doing that the same way that progressive liberals took it over from the 60s to today.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Feds are building a detective squad to target consumers and companies that don't

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    One of the facets we should be copying is the take over of the nations education system...We should be doing that the same way that progressive liberals took it over from the 60s to today.
    My feeling is that's why the left fights so strongly against a voucher system. A well educated populace is unlikely to vote Democrat.

  9. #49
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: Feds are building a detective squad to target consumers and companies that don't

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    One of the facets we should be copying is the take over of the nations education system...We should be doing that the same way that progressive liberals took it over from the 60s to today.
    We're trying via the charter schools.

  10. #50
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: Feds are building a detective squad to target consumers and companies that don't

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    My feeling is that's why the left fights so strongly against a voucher system. A well educated populace is unlikely to vote Democrat.
    Exactly. They're against anything that will hurt their cause - and a well-educated (versus indoctrinated) populace is at the top of their target list.

    Think about it. The first thing leftist dictators have always done when they get into power is kill off the intellectuals and teachers.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •