Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142
Results 411 to 420 of 420

Thread: 89 Year Old WWII Veteran Beaten and Left for Dead Dies

  1. #411
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: WWII Vet, 88, brutally beaten in Spokane, Wash.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nynaeve Meara View Post
    That would be because I'm not a leftist? Or whatever imaginary term you want to use to make yourself feel better.
    Not admitting to being a leftist denotes some good sense and, honestly, i couldn't feel any better.

    There is plenty of evidence if you'd bother to read it, I can see why you wouldn't want to though. After all when you support a political party, as apparently you do, I'd hate to read how the once grand ol party stood for freedom and now despises it.
    Are you certain you want to get into a situation where all we do is insult each other? Snide is for teenage bimbos..
    That's an opinion piece designed for people who don't really have time or interest to look at the real thing. Please don't bother submitting an opinion of some obscure person as fact.

    There are several more that repeat the same information with different wording but the idea is the same. Businesses at one time wanted government over sight to help them build their companies, once they were done they switched parties loyalty to get want they wanted again, IE Lobbyists, this time in the form of supposedly "wanting smaller federal oversight" after they had already taken advantage of the government help to begin with.
    Yes, it's all about Big Business, right? But you're not a leftist. I'd probably deny it as well but in fact your words belie your claim.

    Really, this should be a basic civics course for nearly all high schools around the country, maybe into college but US History should be an educational requirement.
    Most civic classes and high schools are riddled with opinions rather than facts. A young scholar cannot escape them. Only after they enter the real world where facts are more readily available do they finally realize the hoaxes committed on their impressionable minds. Of course some others stay stupid until they die.
    I guess I'm unsure what you mean wrong side of history since the US was one of the last places to remove owning of humans for workers.
    No, it was not. In fact its still going on today. And many Americans (Republicans) fought and died to free Black people from the bondage of slave owners (Democrats).

    However; if you wish to nitpick that much you'll be pleased to know it was only around 150 yrs or so. It does seem fitting that the GOP would be on the wrong side of history concerning civil rights when they supposedly supported them 200 or so years ago.
    The Civil War was 150 years ago but the Democrats owned slaves well before that, which is why I mentioned 200 years.

  2. #412
    Advisor Nynaeve Meara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Malkier
    Last Seen
    11-05-13 @ 04:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    325

    Re: WWII Vet, 88, brutally beaten in Spokane, Wash.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Not admitting to being a leftist denotes some good sense and, honestly, i couldn't feel any better.
    I'm not even sure if you understands the terms of what you are talking about at this point. I do find it rather amusing that you go to interesting lengths to label someone you don't know. I am quite sure I do not know you and won't presume things about your position unless you decided to explain it to me. I guess I shouldn't expect the same courtesy, which does give away a few clues but I'd rather not predicate a decision based purely on conjure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Are you certain you want to get into a situation where all we do is insult each other? Snide is for teenage bimbos..
    It wasn't an insult, although if you choose to take it at a such, thus is your own ignorance. There is nothing wrong with not knowing about a subject for ignorance can be changed and challenged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    That's an opinion piece designed for people who don't really have time or interest to look at the real thing. Please don't bother submitting an opinion of some obscure person as fact.
    In your opinion, of course. However, if you had bothered to read the article like I said is one of many you'd see the source she used was: Eric Rauchway now while you might disagree with his assessment of how the parties changed sides, do not casually dismiss something unless you decided to read it. That would be called willful ignorance, which is very unbecoming. I'd love to see a counter link? Perhaps someone else's educated opinion backed with their expertise showing something different.


    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Yes, it's all about Big Business, right? But you're not a leftist. I'd probably deny it as well but in fact your words belie your claim.
    Most things are in this world sadly. The almighty dollar isn't a bad thing to strive for, but when you step on people to make your way in the world you are doing the world and yourself a huge disservice. Not everyone is able to be top of the food chain in terms of business but there is no reason people can't live and still enjoy what they do no?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Most civic classes and high schools are riddled with opinions rather than facts. A young scholar cannot escape them. Only after they enter the real world where facts are more readily available do they finally realize the hoaxes committed on their impressionable minds. Of course some others stay stupid until they die.
    Ahh a cynic of the education provided today. I'd say I am quite surprised by that. Considering you enjoy facts and logic, and today's education standards are quite full of them. You may disagree with the syllabuses of some classes but around the country they are quite standardized(Especially History, Math, Science). I am sorry you are disappointed with your own educational background, that isn't a reason to shun away from what you were taught. Although if you are of the McCarthyism generation I can understand wanting to get away from that terrible legacy. That was a dark mark on American History.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    No, it was not. In fact its still going on today. And many Americans (Republicans) fought and died to free Black people from the bondage of slave owners (Democrats).

    The Civil War was 150 years ago but the Democrats owned slaves well before that, which is why I mentioned 200 years.
    Actually it was, the US was not leading the way to abolish slavery in any form. It was one of the last civilized countries to do so. The list is rather large, but the ones that beat the US to abolishing slavery would be, England, France, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Ireland, & Netherlands, the first place to ban slavery was Norway. Viking descendants are awesome like that. I'd be curious to know where you think you can own a person today(in the US). Last I checked it was and still is illegal. Now if you are talking human trafficking I think we can agree that is still illegal.

    This is also way off the original topic, however I'd be happy to continue as long as the Mods do not consider it too far off?
    "I can't abide women who poke their noses into other people's business."
    “Men are strange. I think it has something to do with the hair on their chins.”

  3. #413
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: WWII Vet, 88, brutally beaten in Spokane, Wash.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nynaeve Meara View Post
    n your opinion, of course. However, if you had bothered to read the article like I said is one of many you'd see the source she used was: Eric Rauchway now while you might disagree with his assessment of how the parties changed sides, do not casually dismiss something unless you decided to read it. That would be called willful ignorance, which is very unbecoming. I'd love to see a counter link? Perhaps someone else's educated opinion backed with their expertise showing something different.
    I read it. It's an opinion piece with selected bits of history. I've actually read quite a bit on how, after many decades, the parties somehow inexplicably, and rather suddenly, changed to polar opposites. This one is a little different, but still silly.

    Most things are in this world sadly. The almighty dollar isn't a bad thing to strive for, but when you step on people to make your way in the world you are doing the world and yourself a huge disservice. Not everyone is able to be top of the food chain in terms of business but there is no reason people can't live and still enjoy what they do no?
    Yes, quite.

    Ahh a cynic of the education provided today. I'd say I am quite surprised by that.
    Why should you be surprised? The conversation is about the inner cities and the lack of a good education within. Are you satisfied with the system?

    Considering you enjoy facts and logic, and today's education standards are quite full of them. You may disagree with the syllabuses of some classes but around the country they are quite standardized(Especially History, Math, Science). I am sorry you are disappointed with your own educational background, that isn't a reason to shun away from what you were taught. Although if you are of the McCarthyism generation I can understand wanting to get away from that terrible legacy. That was a dark mark on American History.
    In fact many schools throughout the world come ahead of the United States in education but I believe it is only Switzerland who spends more per student. This is an opportunity to learn.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...-wor_n_2199795

    Actually it was, the US was not leading the way to abolish slavery in any form.
    nor did i say it was.

    It was one of the last civilized countries to do so. The list is rather large, but the ones that beat the US to abolishing slavery would be, England, France, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Ireland, & Netherlands, the first place to ban slavery was Norway. Viking descendants are awesome like that. I'd be curious to know where you think you can own a person today(in the US). Last I checked it was and still is illegal. Now if you are talking human trafficking I think we can agree that is still illegal.
    So now you've changed it to 'civilized' countries. OK, America is evil. I get it. I'd be curious also to know where you can own a person in the US. Any idea?

  4. #414
    Advisor Nynaeve Meara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Malkier
    Last Seen
    11-05-13 @ 04:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    325

    Re: WWII Vet, 88, brutally beaten in Spokane, Wash.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I read it. It's an opinion piece with selected bits of history. I've actually read quite a bit on how, after many decades, the parties somehow inexplicably, and rather suddenly, changed to polar opposites. This one is a little different, but still silly.
    Accurate is more acceptable, and you still have yet to show anything different. So I'll go ahead and leave it as it is. I'm sorry it doesn't fit your world view but you are contesting something that is accepted in academia and among historians. I'll take their opinion over yours, sorry. Especially when you present nothing to the contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Why should you be surprised? The conversation is about the inner cities and the lack of a good education within. Are you satisfied with the system?
    If we'd not have that same poverty rates the schools could be improved because the parents of said kids would want to see the schools improved as opposed to continually impoverished.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    In fact many schools throughout the world come ahead of the United States in education but I believe it is only Switzerland who spends more per student. This is an opportunity to learn.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...-wor_n_2199795
    Of course they are, I didn't dispute that. It doesn't change the fact that US schools are standardized in many areas of study, namely History, Science, and Math. I'm speaking of public schools not private ones.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    So now you've changed it to 'civilized' countries. OK, America is evil. I get it. I'd be curious also to know where you can own a person in the US. Any idea?
    Civilized as in 1800s civilized there are quite a few more civilized countries now than there were in the 1800s and before. I'm surprised you'd even question this. I can see your knowledge of this subject is falling a little short. That is fine, but I'd prefer not to see you spout your own opinion as fact, when it is not such.

    On top of that you said slavery is still around I guess that was a mistake?
    "I can't abide women who poke their noses into other people's business."
    “Men are strange. I think it has something to do with the hair on their chins.”

  5. #415
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: WWII Vet, 88, brutally beaten in Spokane, Wash.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nynaeve Meara View Post
    Accurate is more acceptable, and you still have yet to show anything different. So I'll go ahead and leave it as it is. I'm sorry it doesn't fit your world view but you are contesting something that is accepted in academia and among historians. I'll take their opinion over yours, sorry. Especially when you present nothing to the contrary.
    Sure, go ahead. Beliefs are free.
    If we'd not have that same poverty rates the schools could be improved because the parents of said kids would want to see the schools improved as opposed to continually impoverished.
    Well said.


    Of course they are, I didn't dispute that. It doesn't change the fact that US schools are standardized in many areas of study, namely History, Science, and Math. I'm speaking of public schools not private ones.
    Then they are sub-standardized, right? That is their standards are lower than in countries elsewhere, and the evidence is obvious. It's on display when people infer opinion pieces as historical fact.

    Civilized as in 1800s civilized there are quite a few more civilized countries now than there were in the 1800s and before. I'm surprised you'd even question this. I can see your knowledge of this subject is falling a little short. That is fine, but I'd prefer not to see you spout your own opinion as fact, when it is not such.
    My opinion is not such? Public school, right?

    On top of that you said slavery is still around I guess that was a mistake?
    No, it is still around. Disposable People: New Slavery in the Global Economy - Kevin Bales - Google Books

  6. #416
    Advisor Nynaeve Meara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Malkier
    Last Seen
    11-05-13 @ 04:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    325

    Re: WWII Vet, 88, brutally beaten in Spokane, Wash.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Sure, go ahead. Beliefs are free.
    Well said.
    Ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Then they are sub-standardized, right? That is their standards are lower than in countries elsewhere, and the evidence is obvious. It's on display when people infer opinion pieces as historical fact.
    Standardized as in the same no matter which state you live in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    My opinion is not such? Public school, right?
    I realize my grammar is a bit older than your own, but that doesn't make the sentence incorrect.
    Yeah, so it isn't around in the US, which is the entire point I was making.
    "I can't abide women who poke their noses into other people's business."
    “Men are strange. I think it has something to do with the hair on their chins.”

  7. #417
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    30n x 90w
    Last Seen
    11-27-13 @ 09:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,192

    Re: 89 Year Old WWII Veteran Beaten and Left for Dead Dies

    Great....now one of the feral, subhuman monsters claims they were buying crack from Belton.
    Suspect in WWII vet slay: We were buying crack from victim - U.S. News

    That did it. Get a rope.

  8. #418
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: 89 Year Old WWII Veteran Beaten and Left for Dead Dies

    Quote Originally Posted by P. Kersey View Post
    Great....now one of the feral, subhuman monsters claims they were buying crack from Belton.
    Suspect in WWII vet slay: We were buying crack from victim - U.S. News

    That did it. Get a rope.
    I saw that too, what a joke. Sure, they were buying crack from an 88 year old dealer.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #419
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: 89 Year Old WWII Veteran Beaten and Left for Dead Dies

    Quote Originally Posted by P. Kersey View Post
    Great....now one of the feral, subhuman monsters claims they were buying crack from Belton.
    Suspect in WWII vet slay: We were buying crack from victim - U.S. News

    That did it. Get a rope.
    They had a while to think up an excuse and then came up with this!

    In their world it might make killing justified and a very legitimate response, expecting nodding heads of approval and understanding. Who among us hasn't killed someone over a drug deal gone bad?

  10. #420
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,304

    Re: 89 Year Old WWII Veteran Beaten and Left for Dead Dies

    Quote Originally Posted by Nynaeve Meara View Post
    This is about as stupid of a answer as I've seen in a
    while. Yes, Democrats did have plantations and the Republicans were the ones who wanted to their freedom, and then the two switched. To equate slavery to liberalism is something only a shill for the GOP would do.
    No they haven't switched . When are you people going to wake the hell up ?

    Democrats have always been the party that supports slavery and that continues today as they push for policies that enable dependence.

    Its still slavery but now its being perpetuated for one reason, to secure a vote. If you haven't noticed things have gotten worse for blacks in America since a liberal democrat was elected, twice.

    What the American Democrat party has done in the last hundred years is despicable.

    Enabling Generational dependence or enacting policies that amount to vote buying.

    And they do that while trying to push the falee narrative that the GOP is racist...LOL !!

    Slavery, Jim Crow, the KKK, forced segregation, current policies that enable total Government dependence .....all Democrat driven organizations and policies and laws.

    NOTHINGS changed.
    Last edited by Fenton; 08-28-13 at 12:35 PM.

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •