Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 420

Thread: 89 Year Old WWII Veteran Beaten and Left for Dead Dies

  1. #361
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: WWII Vet, 88, brutally beaten in Spokane, Wash.

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I've said what I think his position is, and he denies it. Therefore, I'm waiting for him to state what that position is rather than throwing **** at the wall to see what sticks.
    I may have missed something other than you claiming it was a secret agenda of some sort. I haven't seen anything other than what's really going on.

  2. #362
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: WWII Vet, 88, brutally beaten in Spokane, Wash.

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I'm just going to leave that and let people judge that statement on its merits.

    Black people commit more crimes is your position. Why do you think they do? What is the reason for that, in your mind?
    So you do not debate that stats. Therefore we might start looking for possible solutions.

  3. #363
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,149

    Re: WWII Vet, 88, brutally beaten in Spokane, Wash.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I may have missed something other than you claiming it was a secret agenda of some sort. I haven't seen anything other than what's really going on.

    Yes, you did. When I said it was economic, he came back with "negroes commit more crime." When I tried to put in on race, he claimed not to have said anything about that. I'm just trying to pin down his position so that I can argue or not depending on what it is.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #364
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,149

    Re: WWII Vet, 88, brutally beaten in Spokane, Wash.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    So you do not debate that stats. Therefore we might start looking for possible solutions.
    I, for one, don't think it's because of race. It comes down to lower incomes and less educational opportunities promote a loss of hope. The fact that these crosses fall disproportionately on minorities is also a fact.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #365
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: WWII Vet, 88, brutally beaten in Spokane, Wash.

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I, for one, don't think it's because of race. It comes down to lower incomes and less educational opportunities promote a loss of hope. The fact that these crosses fall disproportionately on minorities is also a fact.
    Yes, it is a fact but I don't believe that giving out more money will solve the problem. Here's another take. Don’t Ignore Race in Christopher Lane’s Murder | TIME.com

  6. #366
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,149

    Re: WWII Vet, 88, brutally beaten in Spokane, Wash.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Yes, it is a fact but I don't believe that giving out more money will solve the problem. Here's another take. Don’t Ignore Race in Christopher Lane’s Murder | TIME.com
    We have to be smart about how we spend the money. Investing in education would be a big step in the right direction, and states that fund schools locally need to do something to fix the disparities. Spur economic development by rezoning areas of the cities for the "big box" retailers. Make welfare a job rather than a handout, not having or being unable to find a job is devastating to the human psyche.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #367
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,014

    Re: WWII Vet, 88, brutally beaten in Spokane, Wash.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    And yet, despite the fact that George Zimmerman was having his head bashed in by Trevon Martin many jumped at the idea that it was a 'racist' murder. Why are people so quick to judge one way and not the other?
    There was a possible racist element in the Zimmerman case, not the murder itself but as said getting out of the car could have been racially motivated but I do not want to get into trouble again (or get quite rightly warned again), I think we should keep the Zimmerman discussion in that forum.

    In this case the only thing we know as of yet is that one white elderly man was killed by 2 black teens. Nobody so far knows why these teens attacked the man. Hopefully we will get to know that sooner rather than later.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  8. #368
    Educator

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of Nigh
    Last Seen
    10-13-17 @ 11:25 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,152

    Re: WWII Vet, 88, brutally beaten in Spokane, Wash.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    I disagree with you. If Oprah was not famous than nobody would have noticed/cared. And like it or not, discrimination is a very nasty thing. Especially if you are the victim of discrimination.

    And the truth? I was not in the store, you were not in the store. Oprah felt discriminated against and maybe she was but it could be a misunderstanding due to language barriers.

    But this still does not change the fact that, even though the murder was committed by 2 black teens, this does not have to be a racist murder. Until the evidence of such a reason exists, it is wrong to race-bate (not accusing you, a general observation) the case. If the murder happened due to racism we can discuss that at the appropriate time IMHO.
    I never said it was a racist murder, if anything I went out of my way to avoid even the slightest hint at it. We have to keep assumptions out of it until we get the facts.

    However it was a black on white crime, had it been reversed, race based crime or not, it would have made news early Thursday morning not waited until mid day Friday to become news worthy.

    If it were a white on black crime, I wonder if the President would have likened the victim to maybe say his own grandfather? Instead, the President remains silent as a war hero is laid to rest after being beaten to death by some young teens.
    Know the truth and the truth will make you mad, because the truth has no agenda.

  9. #369
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: WWII Vet, 88, brutally beaten in Spokane, Wash.

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    We have to be smart about how we spend the money. Investing in education would be a big step in the right direction, and states that fund schools locally need to do something to fix the disparities. Spur economic development by rezoning areas of the cities for the "big box" retailers. Make welfare a job rather than a handout, not having or being unable to find a job is devastating to the human psyche.
    I think you nailed a lot of it. Anyone who has been in that situation can understand the sense of hopelessness that can surround young men of any race or color. Paid "Community service" jobs might be good for many of these young people might before they commit the crime, not after.

    And I believe school vouchers are essential as well. It gets the parents more involved in the decision making process and better grades and student participation (and pride) becomes apparent..

    What We Saw at the DC School Voucher Rally - YouTube

    Vouchers in New York, Dayton, and D.C. : Education Next

    The Case for School Vouchers - YouTube

    DOJ Lawsuit Would Keep Blacks in Failing Schools | Cato @ Liberty

  10. #370
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    30n x 90w
    Last Seen
    11-27-13 @ 09:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,192

    Re: WWII Vet, 88, brutally beaten in Spokane, Wash.

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I'm just going to leave that and let people judge that statement on its merits.

    Black people commit more crimes is your position. Why do you think they do? What is the reason for that, in your mind?
    Blacks commit over half of all violent crime in the u.s. despite only being 13% of the population. That is a well known, undeniable fact.

    As I've said before...I don't know exactly why and I don't care why. There is no one on earth that can tell you why each and every crime was committed. You're asking for an impossible answer and since it can't be given, you imply that therefore nothing else matters.

    How many grains of sand are there on the beach? If you don't know the answer does that mean there is no sand on the beach? Pretzel logic...

Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •