Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 173

Thread: Bradley Manning is now Chelsea Manning [W:148]

  1. #121
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,336

    re: Bradley Manning is now Chelsea Manning [W:148]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Apparently you truly just don't get it.

    Of course you don't see anything unfair about a military tribunal...

    For some reason I think you would have a different understanding if Madoff was the defendant and Ponzi was the judge.....
    I don't get it either. Manning was a volunteer in the US military. Manning violated both US and military laws, both of which he had sworn to uphold. Manning violated that oath. Manning got tried and convicted

    However, your Madoff - Ponzi analogy certainly cleared up a lot for me.

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Bradley Manning is now Chelsea Manning [W:148]

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I don't get it either. Manning was a volunteer in the US military. Manning violated both US and military laws, both of which he had sworn to uphold. Manning violated that oath. Manning got tried and convicted

    However, your Madoff - Ponzi analogy certainly cleared up a lot for me.
    He did "violate military laws."

    However the the Bill of Rights still applies to those in the service - they do NOT waive their civil liberties...

    Progressives believe homosexuality and atheism are allegedly protected via the First Amendment (among others) however, Mannings First Amendment rights violate the military?

    I think Manning is just throwing dog **** here - using partisan logic just to do so... I would...

    It's an attempt to show just how ****ing progressive and partisan our government actually is...
    Last edited by Mr.Nick; 08-22-13 at 05:33 PM.

  3. #123
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    re: Bradley Manning is now Chelsea Manning [W:148]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    He did "violate military laws."

    However the the Bill of Rights still applies to those in the service - they do NOT waive their civil liberties...
    in some cases we do particularly certain rights under the 1st and 4th ammendments.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  4. #124
    economically ☭ socially ☭

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,148

    re: Bradley Manning is now Chelsea Manning [W:148]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Of course I'm "vulgar" because this is an issue that can construed emotions...

    I know the communist/socialist goal is no emotions - look at Mao's China or present day North Korea (just a couple of examples)... No emotion other than fear and loyalty...

    Obama is certainly in that realm..
    You're kidding with those videos, right? A little kid and members of a frat?
    "...it is all the more clear what we have to accomplish at present: I am referring to ruthless criticism of all that exists,"

  5. #125
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,006

    re: Bradley Manning is now Chelsea Manning [W:148]

    Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    Is the United States Government your enemy or isn't it?
    The United States Government as a whole is the people of the United States.
    Of the people by the people and controlled by the people.
    You can not have the Government as your enemy and not have the American people as your enemy.

    Anyhow, you seem like one scary dude... Like your about to pop like a shook up soda and hurt people.
    I hope I am wrong.
    The government has been running **** without representing the people for a long time now...
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  6. #126
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,336

    re: Bradley Manning is now Chelsea Manning [W:148]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    You obviously have no understanding of law because the UCMJ IS LAW for those in the military. In fact the UCMJ is more strict than regular civilian law in many ways.

    He broke the law, he's in jail, and he should be happy he didn't what he deserved which would be life.
    I was just looking up the sentence. According to several sources, the penalty boils down to 35 years with 3.5 years credit for time served. Good time can knock off several years. Parole eligibility with 1/3 time served.

    Manning will be eligible for parole in about 7 years. About long enough to heal from the surgery, get the hormone treatments, and the resutant psycho services needed.

  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Bradley Manning is now Chelsea Manning [W:148]

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    in some cases we do particularly certain rights under the 1st and 4th ammendments.
    I love how you say "some cases" which is not defined...

    I view such **** as "we can attack you and your family any time we want if we feel like it" which the "authorities" er tyrants have and done to US citizens...

    I suppose I won't have a problem if I just obey the the alphabet agencies and Obama?

    You may as well **** on revolutionary war vets graves next...

    You do realize our present government is no more "liberal" than the "English" government during the early to mid 18th century?

    We fought a war for a reason.... Progressive politics mock those ideas...

    Of course it's easy to talk **** from your snug position....

  8. #128
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,811

    Bradley Manning is now Chelsea Manning

    What perfect timing for him!

    He actually would be better becoming a pack of cigarettes, as he will be getting passed around like one in the big house.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  9. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    re: Bradley Manning is now Chelsea Manning [W:148]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Of course I'm "vulgar" because this is an issue that can construed emotions...

    I know the communist/socialist goal is no emotions - look at Mao's China or present day North Korea (just a couple of examples)... No emotion other than fear and loyalty...

    Obama is certainly in that realm..



    The first time I watched that video of Obama's Youth Brigade back in 2008 or was it 2009 ? It was frightening. This was happening in America ?

    When I hear rumors that Obama wants his military to adopt the goose step as part of his changing the face of the U.S. military by using social engineering, it wouldn't surprise.

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Bradley Manning is now Chelsea Manning [W:148]

    Quote Originally Posted by instagramsci View Post
    You're kidding with those videos, right? A little kid and members of a frat?
    Show me where any US president has EVER been treated as a "dictator/god."

    The simple fact those videos were even allowed to happen shows others were involved (and thought they were cute) when in reality they were nothing more than willing totalitarianism - in short those people are so brainwashed they believe Obama is an idol.

    Do you not ****ing understand that?

    What I posted should scare the **** out of some people.....

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •