Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 150

Thread: Bradley Manning sentenced to 35 years.[W:123]

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bradley Manning sentenced to 35 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    They didn't show any. There's a difference.
    Oh, so there was something you claim. Ok, please do tell us who was killed as a result of these leaks. Tell us what missions were stopped because of this. please do show us how the terrorist got one up on us using his leaks and be specific about the event.

  2. #92
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Bradley Manning sentenced to 35 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    No, it is vague and unqualified. A qualified and specific thing wiould been for them to be able to say because of him the terrorists made so and so attack, or did some specific thing. What you are saying is there was some danger and you do not really know where it is or what it does but it is out there.
    No it isn't. Classified information is classified for it's potential danger to the US and it's citizens. The very essence of it is dangerous to human lives. You simply do not understand what you are talking about.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  3. #93
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Bradley Manning sentenced to 35 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Oh, so there was something you claim. Ok, please do tell us who was killed as a result of these leaks. Tell us what missions were stopped because of this. please do show us how the terrorist got one up on us using his leaks and be specific about the event.
    Wouldn't that be classified? If I knew it, would I share it here?

    Anyway, I just posted what damage was done by his leaks. Like the bare minimum amount. It's there and it's incontrovertible.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  4. #94
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,044

    Re: Bradley Manning sentenced to 35 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    No it isn't. Classified information is classified for it's potential danger to the US and it's citizens. The very essence of it is dangerous to human lives. You simply do not understand what you are talking about.
    the other people are not human ?
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bradley Manning sentenced to 35 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Because they felt the juice was not worth the squeeze.



    And they didn't want to bring further controversy to the issue. They didn't want any doubt so they focused on that which is quantifiable.

    If you think partner nations were happy with diplomatic cables being leaked (sometimes regarding things they shared with the US in confidence), you're crazy. They were unhappy. A nation becoming unhappy with another is damaging for the nation that had the leak.
    You are referring to the same prosecutors who were seeking an aiding the enemy conviction, and many more years of punishment? Those prosecutors decided to be lenient despite always asking for more strict punishment. You insult me with that. You really thought that lie was going to float by me? Am I really that stupid that you thought you could use that BS on me?

    Now i will look up at the sky and whistle.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bradley Manning sentenced to 35 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    No it isn't. Classified information is classified for it's potential danger to the US and it's citizens. The very essence of it is dangerous to human lives. You simply do not understand what you are talking about.

    I do not understand it because it makes no sense.

  7. #97
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Bradley Manning sentenced to 35 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    I do not understand it because it makes no sense.
    It makes perfect sense, and that is not why you do not understand it.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  8. #98
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Bradley Manning sentenced to 35 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    You are referring to the same prosecutors who were seeking an aiding the enemy conviction, and many more years of punishment?
    Yep.

    Those prosecutors decided to be lenient despite always asking for more strict punishment.
    No. They tried to make the most compelling case for the sentence and not risk it devolving into subjectivity.

    You insult me with that.
    Calm down.

    You really thought that lie was going to float by me? Am I really that stupid that you thought you could use that BS on me?
    lol what?

    Now i will look up at the sky and whistle.
    I should hope so, because I just told you how Manning incontrovertibly harmed the US and you ignored it. At least now I know why. What does the cloud look like up there? Do you see a puppy dog?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bradley Manning sentenced to 35 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Wouldn't that be classified? If I knew it, would I share it here?

    Anyway, I just posted what damage was done by his leaks. Like the bare minimum amount. It's there and it's incontrovertible.
    Oh well I know but I am not going to tell you. I remember that argument from elementary school. You made the claim, now tell us what the damage was that you think was so obvious. If it is obvious it is not a secret and you can point to it specifically. if it is vague and obscured then we do not know what that is.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bradley Manning sentenced to 35 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    It makes perfect sense, and that is not why you do not understand it.
    Well, do explain it for all the other people so it makes sense.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •