Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 304

Thread: Police: Australian baseball player killed by Oklahoma teens - just because[W:189:219]

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Police: Australian baseball player killed by Oklahoma teens -- just because

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    If the problem was that Z/M got blown out of proportion because of a faulty racial thing, doing that to this doesn't make it OK.
    Yeah because it's only OK when the victim is black and the perp is white....

    Typical progressive logic right there.

  2. #62
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,629

    Re: Police: Australian baseball player killed by Oklahoma teens -- just because

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    If the problem was that Z/M got blown out of proportion because of a faulty racial thing, doing that to this doesn't make it OK.
    So there is no good reason for black parents to say to their kids, "Hey! Look what happened in Duncan. Three kids your age just shot a guy because they were bored. They were all black, just like you. They were "wannabe thugs" just like you're hanging out with. As a parent, I would much prefer that you put any ideas of rolling with damned fools like that out of your head. If you choose to do that then get the hell out of my house now and never come back. If you do it behind my back then I'm going to beat the black right off of you and then kick you out. Do we have an understanding!?"

    How about encouraging good behavior, positive attitudes and a productive lifestyle instead of making excuses?

  3. #63
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,026

    Re: Police: Australian baseball player killed by Oklahoma teens -- just because

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    It doesn't make all black people look bad anymore than Timothy McVeigh made all white people look bad.
    I'm still looking for explanation as to why Zimmerman was called white for two years.

  4. #64
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: Police: Australian baseball player killed by Oklahoma teens -- just because

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    So there is no good reason for black parents to say to their kids, "Hey! Look what happened in Duncan. Three kids your age just shot a guy because they were bored. They were all black, just like you. They were "wannabe thugs" just like you're hanging out with. As a parent, I would much prefer that you put any ideas of rolling with damned fools like that out of your head. If you choose to do that then get the hell out of my house now and never come back. If you do it behind my back then I'm going to beat the black right off of you and then kick you out. Do we have an understanding!?"

    How about encouraging good behavior, positive attitudes and a productive lifestyle instead of making excuses?
    That's fine, but what's race specific about that? If you take out any references about being black, it still makes sense. Being a good person = being a good person.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #65
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: Police: Australian baseball player killed by Oklahoma teens -- just because

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Yeah because it's only OK when the victim is black and the perp is white....

    Typical progressive logic right there.
    I didn't say that, but I understand that you have no ability to debate anything but a strawman.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #66
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: Police: Australian baseball player killed by Oklahoma teens -- just because

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    I'm still looking for explanation as to why Zimmerman was called white for two years.
    Strawman.

    I'm still looking for an explanation as to why I have to take off my shoes at the airport, but that has nothing to do with this either.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #67
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: Police: Australian baseball player killed by Oklahoma teens -- just because

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    We'll, I'm personally ashamed.

    I think a part of it that maybe should be is many black people identify more with other blacks; shared history of persecution, impressive accomplishments despite difficult treatment in history and now many in the post Civil Rights era choose to be deadbeats, crackheads, dropouts and the worst kind of criminals. Its pathetic. I wonder what Martin Luther King would say today if he were alive to see what these thugs have done with the mantle he handed to him. A 70% out of wedlock birth rate, 14% making up 50% of the prison population and murder for boredom is not why gave his life. Sorry, I'm just angry and frustrated right now. People should be able to jog down the street without having to worry if they're going to get killed because somebody has nothing else to do. I'd think we'd somewhat were trying to come together as a country if Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Ben Jealous and Louis Farrakhan would go out to Oklahoma and call for these thugs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law but I doubt that'll happen.
    ]

    Why should you be personally ashamed? I assume from you saying that that you're black, but I'm not personally ashamed about McVeigh or Jeffrey Dahmer. They were both white as I am, but their actions have nothing to do with me. That was them, I'm me. We're all individuals and the bad things a person does should be ascribed to the individual and not to every person in a racial, religious, or national grouping.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #68
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Police: Australian baseball player killed by Oklahoma teens -- just because

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    So there is no good reason for black parents to say to their kids, "Hey! Look what happened in Duncan. Three kids your age just shot a guy because they were bored. They were all black, just like you. They were "wannabe thugs" just like you're hanging out with. As a parent, I would much prefer that you put any ideas of rolling with damned fools like that out of your head. If you choose to do that then get the hell out of my house now and never come back. If you do it behind my back then I'm going to beat the black right off of you and then kick you out. Do we have an understanding!?"

    How about encouraging good behavior, positive attitudes and a productive lifestyle instead of making excuses?
    I don't fully get the dysfunction but being there under the same roof everyday and living your life to make sure your kids know they're loved more than you love your own happiness, which includes a healthy dose of disciple, is probably a part of what might be missing.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  9. #69
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,788

    Re: Police: Australian baseball player killed by Oklahoma teens -- just because

    I'm telling you... Oklahoma is just a damn violent place.

    Hate to even ask but is there outrage that this was racist? The three kids are black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #70
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,629

    Re: Police: Australian baseball player killed by Oklahoma teens -- just because

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    That's fine, but what's race specific about that? If you take out any references about being black, it still makes sense. Being a good person = being a good person.
    Maybe you're unaware of this but the problem we're discussing has manifested in the black community to a MUCH larger extent than it has in white communities. We all hear the excuses that blacks get unfair treatment and they can't get ahead as easy as white kids and so on and so forth but there is an INSTITUTION built up around making excuses for blacks and that institution is doing far more damage than any overt racial prejudices are.

    Equality means that everyone gets treated the same. If we build up walls around one demographic or another then we are no longer treating them equally and that "protection" first breeds resentment then it breeds entitlement and then it breeds contempt and self loathing. Somebody needs to stop the cycle.

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •