Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 304

Thread: Police: Australian baseball player killed by Oklahoma teens - just because[W:189:219]

  1. #181
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,623

    Re: Police: Australian baseball player killed by Oklahoma teens -- just because

    Quote Originally Posted by FederalRepublic View Post
    Sorry. I thought we were playing "Let's see who can come up with the best stereotypical left-wing George Zimmerman theory. You were close, but mine's better.
    Yours is more what the right wing wants to claim the left sees it as... not sure about 'better'...

  2. #182
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,623

    Re: Police: Australian baseball player killed by Oklahoma teens -- just because

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Junior killer is a killer. Fact
    He looks like he has some black in him. Fact.
    He is going to jail for a very long time. Fact.
    You still dodge your 'haji' crap.... figures.

    You ASSume a lot. I don't count my chickens until they are bones in the trashcan.

    And his looks tell little as what looks like 'a little black in him' can just as easily be Hispanic, Native American or Italian.

    so the looks part is once again just your opinion.

  3. #183
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Police: Australian baseball player killed by Oklahoma teens -- just because

    don't worry where he's going he will get to hang out with a diverse crowd alright.

  4. #184
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Police: Australian baseball player killed by Oklahoma teens -- just because

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Yep, my kids have been made painfully aware from each of their births that I'm not here to be their best buddy. My role as their father is to guide them through life, teaching them about my experiences when the moment demands and to get them to think critically about the choices they make. They ALL know that I am fair, but stern. They ALL know that when my wife and I make a decision it is decided upon after careful consideration, and that they have an opportunity to provide an argument as to why they might feel we are wrong. If the argument is compelling enough, both my wife and I have changed our minds, if only to let the children know that we stand behind our word to be fair and considerate. We always weigh a change in our position with the level and degree of harm any situation might present itself, and we're all too willing to allot a degree of trust if the risk vs reward is warranted. In addition, and something I am seeing more and more of in our society is that we actually play with our kids. Have you ever noticed that when you take your kids out, that parents almost never interact with their children. They tend to just take them to where the event is and then stand around texting, talking to other parents or whatever, but almost never actually playing. THIS is a component in our society that is wrong headed and I'm not sure how we got here, but it's a really dysfunctional path we're heading on. I'm 45 and I still go down the slide with my kids, or race through the bounce-house with them, or fire rockets, or play hot wheels and build a track. Sure I'm tired as hell when I'm done work, but it's IMPORTANT to their well-being, and sleep is way overrated anyway..

    I'm not trying to say I'm perfect at parenting, and I make a lot of mistakes and probably will always make mistakes, but I am keenly aware that the effort to participate in our kids upbringing is one of the most important things we can do as parents. Our level of interest in their lives, perceived good or bad speaks volumes for their health as they grow into adults.

    Rant off/

    Tim-

    There's no perfect parent but if you love your kids with all your heart chances are they aren't going to grow up to be menaces to society. Why? Because day in and day out you're there demonstrating that love in doing everything within your power to help them be the best most successful people they can be. Love is one of the most misunderstood words in the world but when its real its not just a feeling but guides your actions, which probably includes not abandoning the ones your love even if their mother is deliberately making your life a living hell and needs unconditional love herself.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  5. #185
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Police: Australian baseball player killed by Oklahoma teens -- just because

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I didn't say that, but I understand that you have no ability to debate anything but a strawman.
    You don't have to say something directly to imply a position....

    Furthermore I have been reading comments over the last two days on numerous sties - and I will tell you what. The same clowns who made the Martin/Zimmerman case about race are now saying "race doesn't matter" or are saying nothing at all.....

    It really goes to show just how brainwashed/self loathing/out of touch with reality the typical progressive truly is - not to mention their EXTREMELY biased and partisan media they love so dearly.

    But NO - they don't judge - they would never think about doing that.

    Guess what? I judge

    There is no debate on this issue - 3 black kids killed an innocent white college baseball player for no reason.

  6. #186
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,632
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Police: Australian baseball player killed by Oklahoma teens -- just because

    I cannot believe what I am reading. Almost 200 posts in this thread and all but a handful are yapping about Zimmerman/Martin and what color the three teenagers in Oklahoma were. A young man is gunned down because a bunch of thuggish teens were "bored", and all you petty lot can do is whine about whether the "white" teenager has some black in him, and a Florida case that is as far from this incident as purple is from yellow on the color spectrum.

    Those of you who are ignoring this tragedy to insert your own racial/political spin should be utterly ashamed of yourselves... although if you actually had any shame or decency, you wouldn't have posted such tripe in the first place.

  7. #187
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Police: Australian baseball player killed by Oklahoma teens -- just because

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    You start with discipline and consequences for inappropriate behavior. If you love your kids you not only teach them right from wrong but but you have expectations that they will play the straight and narrow and when they fall short of those expectations you take them to task for it.

    I am so sick and damned tired of hearing "Well, they're just kids". NO!!! They're soon to be adults and if you don't get them on the right track from the git-go you're failing them. You can be warm and affectionate and understanding and STILL exercise appropriate discipline.

    As a society we need to stop playing this damned game where we figure that since failure is inevitable we should cater to the least common denominator. Screw that!! It's time to EXPECT good, productive behavior and to redirect when people fail instead of coddle them and tell them "It's OK. It's not your fault. We'll take care of you." **** that! How about a little more, "You failed. You now have two choices; you can respond to that failure in a way that lessens the chance of failing again or you can wallow around in misery and never accomplish anything again. If you chose the first option I'll help you. If you choose the second you're on your own."
    How do you feel about the idea of having a healthy balance. I agree that discipline is very important but I think you have to make certain they know you believe in them and love them.

    I was a single mom and had pretty naive views of what it takes to raise a boy. (My son was a challenge. ) When I signed him up for peewee football and saw the way the coaches interacted with him, they won his respect by being good examples and by being firm but keeping his age in perspective. It was a sort of quite authority?? They didn't have to scream or push him around or bully him into submission or try to "control" him. It taught me the difference (at least the stereotype held true for my son) between girls and boys. My son needed that firm hand. He was very lucky to have found it there. Makes me wonder .... how do we provide that kind of guidance and fatherly presence for other boys who do not have it. Seems like to smartest way to effect real change in such kids.

  8. #188
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,924

    Re: Police: Australian baseball player killed by Oklahoma teens -- just because

    Quote Originally Posted by FederalRepublic View Post
    The only other thing I'd add to your left-wing fantasy about right wing fantasy is that Zimmerman got exactly what he wanted, which was to murder a black kid and get away with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    No Sir, Zimmerman never wanted to get away with murder, if we are talking about MY read on the event. He is a sissy putz who right now should feel lucky to not be convicted of the wrongful death of a teen walking home one day. I firmly believe if Trayon had been trying to kill Zimmerman it would have been Trayvon on trial.

    With any luck Zimmerman has had enough reality and will settle for playing Xbox for his hero fix.
    Moderator's Warning:
    Police: Australian baseball player killed by Oklahoma teens - just because[W:189:219]While there may be some similarities to Zimmerman/Martin, discussion in this thread must be in relation to and contain references to the OP. Rehashing the Z/M case will be considered derailing and open to moderation. So please return to the topic.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  9. #189
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    01-03-14 @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    642

    Re: Police: Australian baseball player killed by Oklahoma teens -- just because

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Actually, he looks like he's " Black-Hispanic '' to me.
    Wonder if he is still bored.

  10. #190
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Police: Australian baseball player killed by Oklahoma teens -- just because

    I think both sides of this thread is being f**king ridiculous !!!!!

    Who gives a f**k what race these bastards were. What are we doing now segregating killers?

    "Oh the gunmen are black, they must have come from broken homes."
    "The white one looks like he has black in him."
    "Where is Al Sharpton, Obama, Oprah, Mya Angelo, Nelson Mandela, blah blah blah"
    "Trayvon look just like all these guys"

    WTF !!!! SERIOUSLY !!!!

    Is this what it comes down to in our society? Trying to 1 up each other on whose race has the most bad guys?

    So most of these kids were black. Did you guys share the same outrage with the crime below?


    http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...crime.cnn.html

    Most likely not

    What about the story from yesterday?

    School shooting tragedy averted in Ga. - CBS News

    Does this guy get a bye because he is white?


    The point is we need to stop this d*** measuring contest about race and lets just call all these clowns what they are.......MURDERERS !!!!!!!

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •