Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 442

Thread: Tea Party Favorite Cruz releases birth certificate

  1. #411
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,680
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Tea Party Favorite Cruz releases birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    LOL....it was over waaaaaaay before that....and let's be honest....with a large portion of the tea bagger/birther crowd it still isn't over because they cannot fathom the idea that someone who doesn't look like them could be a "REAL" American.

    I'm not trying to make an issue of it at all. I think it is just silly. Cruz is a naturalized citizen like Obama and is eligible to run. My only point was to point out the hypocrisy of the teabagger birthers who all of a sudden are in a real dilema. Either be consistent or be a hypocrite....
    I guess it is easy to maintain your political position if you just assume the opposition has some undesirable characteristic that automatically disproves their policy/opinion. But, in the real world, name calling doesn't prove anything other than your own hypocrisy.

    For example, you said there was no issue with Obama and that he's a naturalized citizen. Well, guess what, in order to be naturalized he'd have to be born in another country (No, Hawaii is not another country). So which is it? Was he born abroad and given naturalized citizenship or was he born in America? Because if he was overseas AND his mom was 19, there could be a very real legal question. After all, in 1960, the mother had to live 5 full years in the United States after the age of 14 to be able to give her child birth right citizenship. In Obama's case, he was born in America so that wasn't an issue. But, with the credible questions about his birth place out there, it was not unreasonable to ask for "proof of citizenship at birth". A birth certificate met those requirements.

    Supporting evidence:

    USCIS - Citizenship Through Naturalization

    Naturalization is the process by which U.S. citizenship is granted to a foreign citizen or national after he or she fulfills the requirements established by Congress in the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).
    Ann Dunham - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Stanley Ann Dunham (November 29, 1942
    U.S. CITIZENSHIP ACQUIRED BY BIRTH ABROAD

    In the case of a child born to one U.S. citizen parent and one alien parent, the U.S. citizen parent now had only to be physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions prior to the child's birth for 10 years, at least 5 of which were after the age of 14. "Physical presence" was different from the concept of "residence" which had applied under the previous statute. The physical presence requirement could be satisfied by mere presence in the United States even if the person had not established a legal residence there.

    The physical presence requirement was intended to preclude extended absences from the United States during the required period. However, it was found to be too restrictive. In 1966, Congress passed an amendment which, for children born on or after December 24, 1952, permitted the transmitting U.S. citizen parent to count presence abroad in the following capacities towards the physical presence requirement:

    honorable service in the United States Armed Forces;
    employment by the United States Government;
    employment by an international organization with which the United States is associated; or
    physical presence abroad as a dependent unmarried son or daughter and a member of the household of a person employed in one of the above categories.
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

  2. #412
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,680
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Tea Party Favorite Cruz releases birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Bull****. He released his birth certificate in the 2008 election and you still had people complaining after that. To pretend like this was some minor thing that barely anyone believed is a load of ****. Going in to the 2012 election there were polls being released that 50% + republican voters still thought he was born in Kenya.
    Apparently the author of this thread believes he was born in Kenya.
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

  3. #413
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,680
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Tea Party Favorite Cruz releases birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    I read this earlier today and just shook my head. It's really a shame how suddenly the issue isn't whether Sen. Ted Cruz is really a natural born citizen using the exact same guidelines and/or arguments that were levied against Pres. Obama but instead it's the way Sen. Cruz skirted the potential conspiracy over his non-U.S. territory birth.

    I just have two questions for those who are now defending Sen. Cruz:

    1) Does anyone know his birthday? Relevance: INA law governing the circumstances of his birth depend on when he was born.

    2) Does "born to 2-U.S. citizen parents" still apply for natural-born status?
    1) December 22, 1970

    2) No

    U.S. CITIZENSHIP ACQUIRED BY BIRTH ABROAD

    On December 24, 1952, the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952 (the "1952 Statute") became effective. As under the previous statute, where both parents were U.S. citizens, one parent would have to have resided in the United States prior to the child's birth in order to transmit U.S. citizenship. The meaning of residence previously applied under the 1940 Statute was essentially the same as under the 1952 Statute.

    In the case of a child born to one U.S. citizen parent and one alien parent, the U.S. citizen parent now had only to be physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions prior to the child's birth for 10 years, at least 5 of which were after the age of 14. "Physical presence" was different from the concept of "residence" which had applied under the previous statute. The physical presence requirement could be satisfied by mere presence in the United States even if the person had not established a legal residence there.

    The physical presence requirement was intended to preclude extended absences from the United States during the required period. However, it was found to be too restrictive. In 1966, Congress passed an amendment which, for children born on or after December 24, 1952, permitted the transmitting U.S. citizen parent to count presence abroad in the following capacities towards the physical presence requirement:

    honorable service in the United States Armed Forces;
    employment by the United States Government;
    employment by an international organization with which the United States is associated; or
    physical presence abroad as a dependent unmarried son or daughter and a member of the household of a person employed in one of the above categories.
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

  4. #414
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,774

    Re: Tea Party Favorite Cruz releases birth certificate

    Danziger with a few heartfelt words from Canada

    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  5. #415
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Tea Party Favorite Cruz releases birth certificate

    Could this whole thread be born of the want to rehash the "birther", and "teabagger" slurs in some childish, snickering quest? God, I hope not.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #416
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Tea Party Favorite Cruz releases birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Could this whole thread be born of the want to rehash the "birther", and "teabagger" slurs in some childish, snickering quest? God, I hope not.
    Cartoons are not a good substitute for debate either.

  7. #417
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Tea Party Favorite Cruz releases birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti

    What they did say was that Obama was not the source. So ascribing that to Obama is nothing short of ridiculous.

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post

    See here you go with the leftist type stuff. It says nowhere that they "didn't get Obama's bio from Obama". You made that up. "looney lies" from the left trying to protect the first "birther".
    As much as you wish I was making that up, unfortunately for you, I am not ...

    Obama’s old literary agent has issued a terse statement to the effect that the wording was all her fault and she never consulted her client.

    And you have no evidence to the contrary.

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    The article says clients were contacted and they got approval for what was published.
    Hey, would you look at that. While you falsely accuse me of making stuff up -- turns out you're the one making stuff up. The article does not state what you claim. Typical rightie type stuff.

    Obama's literary agent says he was 'born in Kenya'. How did the mainstream media miss this? – Telegraph Blogs

  8. #418
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Tea Party Favorite Cruz releases birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    As much as you wish I was making that up, unfortunately for you, I am not ...

    Obama’s old literary agent has issued a terse statement to the effect that the wording was all her fault and she never consulted her client.

    And you have no evidence to the contrary.


    Hey, would you look at that. While you falsely accuse me of making stuff up -- turns out you're the one making stuff up. The article does not state what you claim. Typical rightie type stuff.

    Obama's literary agent says he was 'born in Kenya'. How did the mainstream media miss this? – Telegraph Blogs

    Two different articles. Actually three at this point. I'm not sure what article you were looking at when you typed out what you did so I'll stand corrected even if you might have just lucked into one. "turns out you're the one making stuff up", naw, never going to happen. Reread all three articles. I'll expect you to correct yourself on that, wait, no I won't, you are a liberal.

    But there is plenty of evidence to the contrary of what the literary agent now claims. Some in part of the article you might have lucked into but didn't bring up: "A different agent, quoted by Breitbart.com, disagrees. He told the website “that while ‘almost nobody’ wrote his or her own biography, the non-athletes in the booklet, whom ‘the agents deal[t] with on a daily basis,’ were ‘probably’ approached to approve the text as presented.”

    If we accept that Obama didn’t provide the biography, it would seem highly unlikely that he didn’t get a chance to vet it. Accepting that he didn’t do that either, it’s incredibly strange that the literary agent approached by Breitbart.com does not remember Obama calling the agency to register a complaint and make a correction. My mother spent a lot of her childhood in Grenada. If my literary agent told people I was born in the Caribbean, I’d at least pick up the phone to set the record straight."

    Standard business practice isn't for a literary agent to sit down and make things up about her client. If she was guilty of that she would not be in the same business today. Plus had she made a mistake, she would have done what all in that business do, correct it, as soon as possible, She never did. And of course Obama never corrected the mistake either for whatever reason he chose not to.

    Obama the first birther, at least since 1991.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  9. #419
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Tea Party Favorite Cruz releases birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post

    Two different articles. Actually three at this point. I'm not sure what article you were looking at when you typed out what you did so I'll stand corrected even if you might have just lucked into one.
    Then consider yourself already corrected ... it was in the article I linked to in that post. How on Earth did you not see that?? Maybe you just don't want to see it?

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post

    "turns out you're the one making stuff up", naw, never going to happen. Reread all three articles. I'll expect you to correct yourself on that, wait, no I won't, you are a liberal.
    If you didn't make it up, then it shouldn't be difficult at all for you to post a link to where you read Obama told them he was born in Kenya...

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    But there is plenty of evidence to the contrary of what the literary agent now claims. Some in part of the article you might have lucked into but didn't bring up: "A different agent, quoted by Breitbart.com, disagrees. He told the website “that while ‘almost nobody’ wrote his or her own biography, the non-athletes in the booklet, whom ‘the agents deal[t] with on a daily basis,’ were ‘probably’ approached to approve the text as presented.”
    Yet another admission that you have no evidence Obama provided the info. "Probably" means you don't know. And given the information is inaccurate; and given Obama's literary agent says the information didn't come from Obama; and given she also admitted she made a mistake; and given that another published bio correctly stated he was born in Hawaii -- ascribing the Acton & Dystel bio to Obama is beyond ludicrous. But then, righties are armed to the teeth with ludicrous, so I don't hold it against you.

    "You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me -- an agency assistant at the time. There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more." ~ Miriam Goderich

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    If we accept that Obama didn’t provide the biography, it would seem highly unlikely that he didn’t get a chance to vet it. Accepting that he didn’t do that either, it’s incredibly strange that the literary agent approached by Breitbart.com does not remember Obama calling the agency to register a complaint and make a correction. My mother spent a lot of her childhood in Grenada. If my literary agent told people I was born in the Caribbean, I’d at least pick up the phone to set the record straight."
    Still not evidence that Obama told his literary agent he was born in Kenya.

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    Standard business practice isn't for a literary agent to sit down and make things up about her client. If she was guilty of that she would not be in the same business today. Plus had she made a mistake, she would have done what all in that business do, correct it, as soon as possible, She never did. And of course Obama never corrected the mistake either for whatever reason he chose not to.
    Still not evidence that Obama told his literary agent he was born in Kenya.

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    Obama the first birther, at least since 1991.
    Still waiting for your evidence that Obama told that agency he was born in Kenya. Unless you have any, and it appears you don't, you're just making **** up. Typical.

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post

    But he signed a Presidential order his first day or two in office that may prevent the truth from ever coming out on that.
    I missed this gem from an earlier post ... Exactly what EO do you delude yourself into believing that Obama signed to prevent your nonsensical conspiracy from ever becoming known to the public.

    ... this should be fun ...

  10. #420
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Tea Party Favorite Cruz releases birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    He doesn't have to be born in Canada to be Prime Minister, he just has to be a citizen. That's how backward we are.
    Illegal aliens should be allowed to run for president. That's how forward you wish things were.

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •