Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 156

Thread: RNC Votes to Block CNN, NBC from Hosting Debates.....

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: RNC Votes to Block CNN, NBC from Hosting Debates.....

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    LOL ... Guy drives you up a wall with how well he reads a teleprompter --- the guys before him used it, including Reagan, but none nearly as well, not even Clinton ... people don't even realize he's using it ... Bush made it obvious, but in fairness to him he was a Palin-type reader and had to squint anytime he had to read actual letters ...

    as far as Ryan's plan is concerned, which one are you referring to? The one in which a 12 year old girl raped and impregnated by her father can't get an abortion? I'm not so sure that plan will fly all that well ... At least Ryan delivered his state ... Oh, wait, sorry ... my bad ... he did a Gore and didn't ... oops ...
    Nah.....it has nothing to do with a teleprompter. Moreover all knows he uses it and even with the words in front of him he still stutters away like a hapless moron. Its easy when speaking to others and one doesn't have to answer the comeback. But I am sure when he attempts to throw that southern drawl in with it.....that most on the left just sucks it up as its a part of him naturally.

    As for Ryan.....that would be the plan he worked on with Ron White the Democrat out of Cali. Ya sure ya weren't getting cornfuzzled over Atkins or Murdock on that Abortion issue?

  2. #112
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,580

    Re: RNC Votes to Block CNN, NBC from Hosting Debates.....

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I'm sure the libertarian candidates will be treated fairly by NBC.
    No challenging candidate is likely to be treated fairly by any news organization, since what the incumbent says about any issue is frequently reported as news, while what a challenger says (on the same issue) is largely ignored as they are merely a private citizen at that point. The debates, as poorly moderated (and as selective in their invitations) as they are, present at least an opportunity for challengers to have their ideas, in their own words, introduced to the public.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: RNC Votes to Block CNN, NBC from Hosting Debates.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Nah.....it has nothing to do with a teleprompter. Moreover all knows he uses it and even with the words in front of him he still stutters away like a hapless moron. Its easy when speaking to others and one doesn't have to answer the comeback. But I am sure when he attempts to throw that southern drawl in with it.....that most on the left just sucks it up as its a part of him naturally.

    As for Ryan.....that would be the plan he worked on with Ron White the Democrat out of Cali. Ya sure ya weren't getting cornfuzzled over Atkins or Murdock on that Abortion issue?
    Yeah, Obama's such a bad speaker that people are making money by publishing entire books and calendars just full of his malapropisms.

    Oh, wait ... that's not Obama.

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: RNC Votes to Block CNN, NBC from Hosting Debates.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Yeah, Obama's such a bad speaker that people are making money by publishing entire books and calendars just full of his malapropisms.

    Oh, wait ... that's not Obama.
    Yeah and your point is? Bill Clinton is running around making speeches and getting paid. All the while with publishers putting out all kinds of Journalists writings on whatever Bilbo has to say. Course Bilbo doesn't have that stuttering problem either.

  5. #115
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: RNC Votes to Block CNN, NBC from Hosting Debates.....

    Why would Republicans invite Democrat P.R. companies to their primary debates?

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: RNC Votes to Block CNN, NBC from Hosting Debates.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yeah and your point is? Bill Clinton is running around making speeches and getting paid. All the while with publishers putting out all kinds of Journalists writings on whatever Bilbo has to say. Course Bilbo doesn't have that stuttering problem either.
    What I find funny is many "criticize" Obama for using a teleprompter and sometimes stuttering when they themselves have not been up before millions of people trying to speak to a crowd that is looking to criticize every word they say.

    Are you saying you can do better?

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: RNC Votes to Block CNN, NBC from Hosting Debates.....

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Why would Republicans invite Democrat P.R. companies to their primary debates?
    I think having the republican primaries on NBC and CNN have actually improved the GOP chances to get elected. Can you imagine if Santorum was picked by the GOP and then went on to NBC or CNN for the debates against Obama? Santorum would have been crushed the minute he said babies from rape are a gift from God.

  8. #118
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,580

    Re: RNC Votes to Block CNN, NBC from Hosting Debates.....

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Why would Republicans invite Democrat P.R. companies to their primary debates?
    It is still better to have your candidates present their views in their own words than to rely totally on the MSM's "interpretation" of those words.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: RNC Votes to Block CNN, NBC from Hosting Debates.....

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    What I find funny is many "criticize" Obama for using a teleprompter and sometimes stuttering when they themselves have not been up before millions of people trying to speak to a crowd that is looking to criticize every word they say.

    Are you saying you can do better?
    Heya TNE. Yeah I could.....but I would have to cut more comedian like due to the profanity I would use. That's the thing you talk about millions. Hundreds, thousands.....a handful. Whatever it is.....speech or show. You always want to be at your Best and the top of your game. Always!

    Never step up onto the Stage.....if you aint willing to be the Xzibit.

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: RNC Votes to Block CNN, NBC from Hosting Debates.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yeah and your point is? Bill Clinton is running around making speeches and getting paid. All the while with publishers putting out all kinds of Journalists writings on whatever Bilbo has to say. Course Bilbo doesn't have that stuttering problem either.
    My point couldn't be more obvious. How did you not get it? There was no speaker worse than Dubya. Books and calendars were filled with his flubs. It cracks me up how righties try so desperately to paint Obama as a poor speaker after the right gave us two terms of Mr. is our children learning.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •