Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 128

Thread: Obama clown get second chance

  1. #51
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Obama clown get second chance

    Ernst says that started with the Tariff Act before the civil war. In fact, many of the Madison scholars on here feel no heed to pay attention to the BOR. And the rest of the amendments, well they ruined our Constitution. But witch constitution?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Progressive = moving away from our Bill of Rights.

  2. #52
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Obama clown get second chance

    We haven't heard from Missouri federal pols, like Roy Blunt, have we?. They learned their Akin lesson.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Well take that up with them. Maybe the Missouri state fair just wants to be apolitical? Like just provide a means for people to get together in their state and enjoy the rodeo/food/entertainment without divisive politics taking over?

  3. #53
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:35 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,942

    Re: Obama clown get second chance

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    True....Texas still has Perry to make them look foolish enough.
    Can't argue with that.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Obama clown get second chance

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    I think the outrage was over the announcer asking the crowd " do you want to see Obama get run down by a bull?" Mutliple times and the clown played the part of obama
    Like that is supposed to change the fact?

    If you believe a person can be fired for ________ then that has to apply to everyone - it has to be universal..

    One just cant support it because it was Obama then turn around and condemn another for doing the exact same thing just out of disagreement..

  5. #55
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:35 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,942

    Re: Obama clown get second chance

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Well take that up with them. Maybe the Missouri state fair just wants to be apolitical? Like just provide a means for people to get together in their state and enjoy the rodeo/food/entertainment without divisive politics taking over?
    Well, they blew that opportunity, didn't they?

  6. #56
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ft.Wayne In
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,307

    Re: Obama clown get second chance

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    How can you say that? Clowns exist to bring joy and happiness!
    Attachment 67152141
    Pennywise was just misunderstood !!
    Poor fellow ,those brat kids picked on him till he snapped.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Obama clown get second chance

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Ernst says that started with the Tariff Act before the civil war. In fact, many of the Madison scholars on here feel no heed to pay attention to the BOR. And the rest of the amendments, well they ruined our Constitution. But witch constitution?
    This is exactly why I generally refer to our "Bill of Rights" while others refer to our founding documents as ignorantly and generally as the "constitution."

    I'm not a big fan of "vagueness" because it's an open door to tyranny.

  8. #58
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,213

    Re: Obama clown get second chance

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Apparently you don't understand the First Amendment - nor the situation (as if the situation even matters).

    You're judging not to mention hold an ignorant position given the notion that free speech limitations only apply to criminal acts..

    Oh and don't even attempt to hate those who are calling bull**** because as a libertarian I'm using the same argument you use to justify your riots and your OWS movement..
    It seems as if you don't understand the First Amendment...it's a limit to what the government can do in regards to speech. It doesn't say that speech never has consequences.

    Congress shall make no law
    respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances
    You seem to have the ignorant position. You apparently think the 1st Amendment is some blank check for someone to exercise their speech and that somehow overrides other's right to in turn exercise their speech and petition/boycott/criticize etc.

    Not sure about the gibberish at the end.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  9. #59
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,987

    Re: Obama clown get second chance

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Like that is supposed to change the fact?

    If you believe a person can be fired for ________ then that has to apply to everyone - it has to be universal..

    One just cant support it because it was Obama then turn around and condemn another for doing the exact same thing just out of disagreement..
    I don't think the first ammendment protects speech that involves some one being harmed or killed. The announcer was asking the audience in effect " do you want to see Obama run down by a bull" that sounds like the announcer wanted to show the crowd the supposed hilarity of a clown playing the role of president Obama being run down and possibly injured by a bull.

  10. #60
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,213

    Re: Obama clown get second chance

    Quote Originally Posted by FederalRepublic View Post
    Well, they blew that opportunity, didn't they?
    I don't think so...I think their statement is check your politics at the door.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •