Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 453

Thread: Father of teen charged in Florida school bus beating says son is 'sorry' [W:245]

  1. #381
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Father of teen charged in Florida school bus beating says son is 'sorry'

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Is that the way adults act?
    Yes...

    You ever hear of OWS,SDS, Weather Underground (just to name a few)???

    I've seen progressive adults throw epic fits..... Of course it's always the democrats/progressives getting violent...

  2. #382
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Father of teen charged in Florida school bus beating says son is 'sorry'

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    You must take into account the very strong "cultural" bias against snitching (reporting crime to authorities) to understand that attitutde. I don't agree with that attitutde, but clearly understand its existance and its importance in hindering law enforcement efforts.

    ''No-snitch'' code keeps shooters on streets as Chicago police fight for public trust
    I understand it, but maybe a 13 year old boy not from the hood may not understand it.

  3. #383
    
    TheGirlNextDoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-14 @ 02:31 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,033
    Blog Entries
    21

    Re: Father of teen charged in Florida school bus beating says son is 'sorry' [W:245]

    Holy ****. I've seen this thread but just now read the op.

    First time offenders? Unlikely. They appeared to have had practice in a beat down prior to this incident. First time they were caught and punished perhaps.

    Sorry? Sorry my ass. Maybe Sorry it easy caught on film.

    What the HELL is wrong with kids these days!? And why didn't the bus driver yank that bus over and put a stop to it?
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice....shame on me.

  4. #384
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,570
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Father of teen charged in Florida school bus beating says son is 'sorry' [W:245]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlNextDoor View Post
    Holy ****. I've seen this thread but just now read the op.

    First time offenders? Unlikely. They appeared to have had practice in a beat down prior to this incident. First time they were caught and punished perhaps.

    Sorry? Sorry my ass. Maybe Sorry it easy caught on film.

    What the HELL is wrong with kids these days!? And why didn't the bus driver yank that bus over and put a stop to it?
    Well, 73% of them are being raised by single mothers. Most of them are in poverty. They have the worst scum in the world as male role models -- drug pushers, gang bangers, drug addicts, alcoholics and pimps. They are mostly unsupervised at home. There is no discipline in the schools, and they are not learning anything there. They live in neighborhoods where violence and murder literally exceeds that in Baghdad during the Iraq war, where they are taught every day that life is cheap and if they're disrespected they have the right to exercise extreme prejudice.

    The bus drivers are forbidden from intervening. They are supposed to drive the bus to a police station or some such if stuff like that goes down.

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  5. #385
    
    TheGirlNextDoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-14 @ 02:31 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,033
    Blog Entries
    21

    Re: Father of teen charged in Florida school bus beating says son is 'sorry' [W:245]

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    Well, 73% of them are being raised by single mothers. Most of them are in poverty. They have the worst scum in the world as male role models -- drug pushers, gang bangers, drug addicts, alcoholics and pimps. They are mostly unsupervised at home. There is no discipline in the schools, and they are not learning anything there. They live in neighborhoods where violence and murder literally exceeds that in Baghdad during the Iraq war, where they are taught every day that life is cheap and if they're disrespected they have the right to exercise extreme prejudice.

    The bus drivers are forbidden from intervening. They are supposed to drive the bus to a police station or some such if stuff like that goes down.
    Heh. I'm a single mother (previously married 15 years), I don't live in poverty, and I have an almost 17 year old son and a 15 year old daughter. If either of my kids did something like this? I'd have their hide.

    Making excuses for violent behavior is a load if bull. If these kids are minors (and they are) then their "parents" should be held accountable for this. End of story.

    I also believe in consequences. You do the crime, you do the time. Where we get into trouble here is when nobody is held accountable for their actions - screwed up living environment or not, that's a fact of life. You screwed up, there are consequences..if consequences are removed, who's doing society and these kids a favor?

    We aren't.
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice....shame on me.

  6. #386
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Father of teen charged in Florida school bus beating says son is 'sorry'

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Is that the way adults act?
    I think the point is that there was a larger motive of intimidation here to cover up other criminal enterprises. Clearly this is different in nature to someone doing something most people would consider 'stupid kid stuff", and should receive a larger punishment than probation (which is a bit of a slap on the wrist)

  7. #387
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Father of teen charged in Florida school bus beating says son is 'sorry'

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    I think the point is that there was a larger motive of intimidation here to cover up other criminal enterprises. Clearly this is different in nature to someone doing something most people would consider 'stupid kid stuff", and should receive a larger punishment than probation (which is a bit of a slap on the wrist)
    I don't disagree with you. I don't think that this is a probation worthy case. My point was that I find it foolish and overly hypocritical to treat children as adults when it serves the hunger of the vengeful.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #388
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Father of teen charged in Florida school bus beating says son is 'sorry'

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I don't disagree with you. I don't think that this is a probation worthy case. My point was that I find it foolish and overly hypocritical to treat children as adults when it serves the hunger of the vengeful.
    I can understand it in certain circumstances, but this seems like it's more than manageable by the juvenile court system

  9. #389
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: Father of teen charged in Florida school bus beating says son is 'sorry'

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Typical white person. Gets a little taste of money and success and the next thing you know he's marrying a minority woman and touting her off like she's some sort of status symbol.
    Bwahahahahahaha! That was worthy of the mightiest super villain!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #390
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,672

    Re: Father of teen charged in Florida school bus beating says son is 'sorry'

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I don't disagree with you. I don't think that this is a probation worthy case. My point was that I find it foolish and overly hypocritical to treat children as adults when it serves the hunger of the vengeful.


    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •