Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 441

Thread: Obama-mask clown gets lifetime Missouri fair ban. Just, or too harsh?[W:395]

  1. #431
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Obama-mask clown gets lifetime Missouri fair ban. Just, or too harsh?[W:395]

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    WTF? Are you trying to be funny, and failing, or do you honestly not understand what you've linked to?
    You TOTALLY missed the humor, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #432
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama-mask clown gets lifetime Missouri fair ban. Just, or too harsh?[W:395]


    Any sanctioning of the clown would have been too harsh. He's a CLOWN, clowning around, being silly, being stupid, being whatever it takes to make his audience have a laugh. I just can't believe how touchy, sensitive and petty people are over this. Would be great to hear Obama say, lighten up people, it was funny, no harm done.

  3. #433
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Obama-mask clown gets lifetime Missouri fair ban. Just, or too harsh?[W:395]

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    *sigh*

    No one ever thinks that. It's amazing how you don't find an entertainer at a state fair riling up the crowd in a suggestion that Obama should be run down isn't offensive to the office itself.



    Private organizations at private events can do whatever they want as private citizens. We expect a certain level of decorum at government events when discussing politicians. Or has your side degraded so far that no attacks whatever on Democrats are offensive these days?



    Okay, so you'd be okay with having state events when entertainers said that we should string up Republican Politicians and whip them?

    I'm guessing no. But that's because you're a partisan hack.

    Some of us still think that civil society should be civil. Your side does not.
    Were you making the same argument when Bush was being burned in effigy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #434
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:18 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,477

    Re: Obama-mask clown gets lifetime Missouri fair ban. Just, or too harsh?[W:395]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Were you making the same argument when Bush was being burned in effigy?
    I didn't realize that was done at a state fair by employees of the fair. Just shows you how far we have gone down as a society.

  5. #435
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Obama-mask clown gets lifetime Missouri fair ban. Just, or too harsh?[W:395]

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    I didn't realize that was done at a state fair by employees of the fair. Just shows you how far we have gone down as a society.
    Rodeo clowns are not "employee's" of the fair...They are independent contractors of the rodeo. Unless you can show that their contract specified 'no jokes, or bits about the POTUS' then it is pretty routine for the clowns to use dummies, even ones with masks of President's in their job/routine.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #436
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:18 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,477

    Re: Obama-mask clown gets lifetime Missouri fair ban. Just, or too harsh?[W:395]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Rodeo clowns are not "employee's" of the fair...They are independent contractors of the rodeo. Unless you can show that their contract specified 'no jokes, or bits about the POTUS' then it is pretty routine for the clowns to use dummies, even ones with masks of President's in their job/routine.
    I don't have the contract but am certain there is some guideline to performance for an all age crowd. It is probably not worded with the phrase the President nor is it probably worded tossing a fetus to the bull. As a performer you should have enough common sense in when something is okay to use with the employer.

    So by your logic if it doesn't say in the contract one can't toss a black fetus at the bull then you would go ahead and do it? Your career would be short.

    I think the banning of a lifetime is pretty extreme but it is their organization.

  7. #437
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Obama-mask clown gets lifetime Missouri fair ban. Just, or too harsh?[W:395]

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    I don't have the contract but am certain there is some guideline to performance for an all age crowd. It is probably not worded with the phrase the President nor is it probably worded tossing a fetus to the bull. As a performer you should have enough common sense in when something is okay to use with the employer.

    So by your logic if it doesn't say in the contract one can't toss a black fetus at the bull then you would go ahead and do it? Your career would be short.

    I think the banning of a lifetime is pretty extreme but it is their organization.
    Oh come on Cross. I mean really. Doesn't this just smack a little thin skinned of those supporting Obama to be cryin about some state fair rodeo? There is nothing else that is just a tad bit more important that this non event is detracting from? Really?

    We already showed where other Presidents were mocked in this manner at other rodeo events, and even had people familiar with rodeos explain how parodying an individual using the dummy can be construed as a compliment, and the crowd enjoyed the performance at this particular rodeo. This was one or two liberal attendees at the event that took offense, (for what reason I don't know, it isn't like they were the ones mocked) and whined to the press about it...

    The NAACP went totally overboard calling for the SS to investigate, and wanted the DoJ to prosecute the clown under the threat factor, as if the clown was going to take a bull to the WH or something....

    Now when a repub is in office, demo's have NO PROBLEM mocking in this manner, hell even going further in pondering assassination, that is documented...but oh NO! don't let that, in any fashion take place when their own guy is in office....Smacks of being able to dish it out, but just can't take it...What a limp wristed, bunch of pansies these liberal progressives are....

    I guess we should just brace for a country much like the Communist/Socialist bastions of the world where people are jailed for criticizing the leader....Good Grief, take a breath, a step back, and get a hold of yourselves libs.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #438
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Obama-mask clown gets lifetime Missouri fair ban. Just, or too harsh?[W:395]

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    I didn't realize that was done at a state fair by employees of the fair. Just shows you how far we have gone down as a society.
    "But...but...that's different!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #439
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama-mask clown gets lifetime Missouri fair ban. Just, or too harsh?[W:395]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Any sanctioning of the clown would have been too harsh. He's a CLOWN, clowning around, being silly, being stupid, being whatever it takes to make his audience have a laugh. I just can't believe how touchy, sensitive and petty people are over this. Would be great to hear Obama say, lighten up people, it was funny, no harm done.
    Montecresto, the clownists remain beaten and bruised by your straightforward logic and will likely not return. Of course you ruined some of the fun also.

  10. #440
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,479
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Obama-mask clown gets lifetime Missouri fair ban. Just, or too harsh?[W:395]

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Are you capable of posting an argument that isn't an outright fabrication? I've already repetitively said that the clown was not Obama. Does the word "allude" mean anything to you?
    Well cowgirl, let's see what BS you've been fabricating in the post above.

    Remember this?
    Zimmer's emphasis added.

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    If one of the entertainers in the middle of the state show openly suggested that Bush be essentially murdered, yes it would be national front page news. (Zimmer Note: Nobody was suggesting Obama be murdered, except for a handful of fools with no feet in reality.)

    Raging partisan like you are leaving that out because you are dishonestly trying to make it seems like they were just making some innocent fun at Obama. (Zimmer Note: No... I understood what was going on... poking fun at Obama.) I don't expect anything you say these days to be even remotely honest, but it's a new level of dishonesty, even for you.

    There is a major difference between poking fun at the President and suggesting that the President should be killed. (Zimmer Note: You believe they were suggesting Obama should be killed. It's absurd and this is where people like me and perhaps Grant see people like you as some type of alien who doesn't understand humor.)

    Can you point to a single event between 2000 and 2008, where at a local state sponsored fair, an entertainer in front of a big crowd openly suggested that Bush should be killed to the audience? Try. Use Google. (Zimmer Note: As stated earlier... they made a movie about it that didn't make Front Page News... and barely made any news.)
    This post is hilarious for the level of outrage aimed at a professional rodeo clown and his buddies making fun of Obama. I wonder... did the Obama clown run like a girl. They should have had him imitate Obama and throw some cow pies in that girly way he tosses the ball.

    You go into a tizzy about these folks suggesting Obama (the clown) be killed... ROTFLOL... If you keep contorting, you'll asphyxiate... because there's no forceps or medical procedures capable of pulling your head out of that hole.
    Last edited by zimmer; 08-19-13 at 03:33 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •