Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 166

Thread: Why Hillary Clinton is going after voter ID laws?

  1. #41
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Why Hillary Clinton is going after voter ID laws?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Watch and listen to Paul Weyrich an early leader in the conservative movement:
    Weyrich is a pundit and a political commentator, he is not an early leader of anything.

  2. #42
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,467

    Re: Why Hillary Clinton is going after voter ID laws?

    Quote Originally Posted by Baralis View Post
    This is one argument I simply do not agree with. Unless they have specific rules that only apply to elderly and minorities how is the law discriminatory exactly? Some states are even giving free or subsidized ID's to those who cannot afford them. How is this discriminatory in any way? Besides it is so cheap anyone could get one if they really wanted it. I would be willing to wager that if these people won a new corvette but had to show an ID to claim the prize that 99.9% would find a way to get an ID. If the state raised the state tax for everyone by 0.01% no one would cry race discrimination and yet it would cost most of them more then an ID. Its not really about the money or even the small effort they might have to perform it is simply an argument they try to make to label the GOP as evil racists.
    I guess the statistics show that it is democrats that overwhelmingly vote early in conservative red states. From that, it doesn't take genius to figure out that the voter ID laws eliminating early voting is aimed at democrats. And Blacks overwhelmingly vote democrat in conservative states. Take N. Carolina for example...

    Almost 50% of democrats in N. Carolina vote early compared to 30% of republicans. Of those Democrat early voters almost 30% were black.

    http://elections.gmu.edu/early_vote_2012.html


    Every state seems to have a different criteria for voter ID. For example, some red states will only accept a valid drivers license. But a lot of the elderly don't drive or can't get drivers licenses.

  3. #43
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Why Hillary Clinton is going after voter ID laws?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Weyrich is a pundit and a political commentator, he is not an early leader of anything.
    That's not true, you need to watch the video at the 0:30 mark. He's dead not, but he co-founded the Heritage Foundation and was involved with other conservative organizations..


  4. #44
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,295

    Re: Why Hillary Clinton is going after voter ID laws?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    She even managed to play the race card.
    She's making an issue of it because Liberals and Illegal Aliens don't care about Benghazzi.

    I sincerley hope she is the Democrat Candidate in 2016.

  5. #45
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Why Hillary Clinton is going after voter ID laws?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Every state seems to have a different criteria for voter ID. For example, some red states will only accept a valid drivers license. But a lot of the elderly don't drive or can't get drivers licenses.
    Show where that is the case (only DL accepted as ID) in ANY state. You can't because it quite simply is not true.

  6. #46
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Why Hillary Clinton is going after voter ID laws?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    That's not true, you need to watch the video at the 0:30 mark. He's dead not, but he co-founded the Heritage Foundation and was involved with other conservative organizations..
    The so-called conservatives predate the Heritage Foundation.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: Why Hillary Clinton is going after voter ID laws?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    "Not every obstacle is related to race, but anyone who says that is no longer a problem in American elections must not be paying attention," Clinton said.


    Yea, it was me...
    yes racial discrimination it is a problem but so is voter fraud, but democrats need to keep the false narrative of rapid racial discrimination alive so to use it as a wedge issue against republicans just like the false narrative they created with the BS war on women

  8. #48
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,467

    Re: Why Hillary Clinton is going after voter ID laws?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    A tad mixed up in your message I see. My posts are clear for the world to see as are yours. Of the two of us, I am not the one who has been lying here. My participation on this thread has only been to rebut Hillary's obvious use of race politics and has highlighted your own bias (neither, though obvious to all, are you willing to admit). You'd rather seemingly, manufacture some bias on my part than admit your own, even to the extent of lying about it.
    You said "wealthy minorities". It stands to reason you meant the top 1%.


    You know I come from a very racially mixed family, right? And that my daughter and grandchildren are mixed race, right?
    Did you know that I have a racially mixed family, too? And that my niece and her kids are mixed race?

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Why Hillary Clinton is going after voter ID laws?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    She even managed to play the race card.
    It trumped the North Carolina racism card.

  10. #50
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,467

    Re: Why Hillary Clinton is going after voter ID laws?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Not the point and not what you stated. Just another dodge around the truth.
    That might not be what you stated, but it is what I stated.

    There was absolutely no need for Hillary to mention minorities at all in reference to voter ID laws other than for political race baiting. Again, voter ID laws may hinder the voting of some poor folks. But no more than they are already hindered in voting. That is not because of race, but because they have no home address to register and haven't the resources to get to the polling place.
    Thats a good sign......at least you're starting to admit poor folks exist. Guess who most of the poor folks are in conservative states?

    23
    Number of states in which blacks were the largest minority group in 2009. These included Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin. Blacks were also the largest minority group in the District of Columbia. (Note: Minorities are part of a group other than single-race non-Hispanic white.)
    Source: Population estimates <http://www.census.gov/popest/states/asrh/SC-EST2009-04.html>

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •