Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 166

Thread: Why Hillary Clinton is going after voter ID laws?

  1. #31
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Why Hillary Clinton is going after voter ID laws?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Because in your mind you hate blacks. I didn't say they were the only ones. But blacks and the elderly overwhelmingly are early voters and they vote for democrats.
    Wow, thus the surface is scratched and your hatred and bias revealed. Not to mention evrything you just said is a lie. Seniors tend to vote republican.

  2. #32
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Why Hillary Clinton is going after voter ID laws?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    ...a conclusion you no doubt reached from seeing so many looks of joy and amusement each time you've (tried to) use the term.
    If the shoe fits, wear it.

  3. #33
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Why Hillary Clinton is going after voter ID laws?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Yeah, voter fraud is so bad it can't even be seen by the naked eye.

    Wealthy minorities in states passing voter ID laws tend to be white republicans and are the ones passing the Voter ID laws.
    Weathy minorities are white now? I'll let you break the news to Kanye.

  4. #34
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,151

    Re: Why Hillary Clinton is going after voter ID laws?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    The voter ID laws being passed in conservative red states with large black populations are based on race. Everybody knows it and everybody knows the conservatives deny it, including the conservatives denying it.
    The Black population in Texas is consistent with the national average and we have Voter ID. So?

  5. #35
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Why Hillary Clinton is going after voter ID laws?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Wow, thus the surface is scratched and your hatred and bias revealed. Not to mention evrything you just said is a lie. Seniors tend to vote republican.
    Ahh, pulling the "lie" card now, eh? Well, now we know for sure that everything you say is a lie. What, you don't think your hatred and bias shows? Your very existence on this thread reveals your true motivation to thwart the truth.

  6. #36
    Professor
    Baralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MO
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,394
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Why Hillary Clinton is going after voter ID laws?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    The justification of the voter ID laws is a "phantom epidemic" of voter fraud. It's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. The real reason for the voter ID laws is to prevent minorities and the elderly from voting because they usually vote for democrats.

    How would you like it if the tea party was prevented from voting?

    This is one argument I simply do not agree with. Unless they have specific rules that only apply to elderly and minorities how is the law discriminatory exactly? Some states are even giving free or subsidized ID's to those who cannot afford them. How is this discriminatory in any way? Besides it is so cheap anyone could get one if they really wanted it. I would be willing to wager that if these people won a new corvette but had to show an ID to claim the prize that 99.9% would find a way to get an ID. If the state raised the state tax for everyone by 0.01% no one would cry race discrimination and yet it would cost most of them more then an ID. Its not really about the money or even the small effort they might have to perform it is simply an argument they try to make to label the GOP as evil racists.

  7. #37
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Why Hillary Clinton is going after voter ID laws?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Weathy minorities are white now? I'll let you break the news to Kanye.
    Yes, the wealth and power is concentrated at the top 1% to 5% of the population and they are overwhelmingly white. Thats just a fact.

  8. #38
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Why Hillary Clinton is going after voter ID laws?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Ahh, pulling the "lie" card now, eh? Well, now we know for sure that everything you say is a lie. What, you don't think your hatred and bias shows? Your very existence on this thread reveals your true motivation to thwart the truth.
    A tad mixed up in your message I see. My posts are clear for the world to see as are yours. Of the two of us, I am not the one who has been lying here. My participation on this thread has only been to rebut Hillary's obvious use of race politics and has highlighted your own bias (neither, though obvious to all, are you willing to admit). You'd rather seemingly, manufacture some bias on my part than admit your own, even to the extent of lying about it.

    You know I come from a very racially mixed family, right? And that my daughter and grandchildren are mixed race, right?
    Last edited by clownboy; 08-13-13 at 05:40 PM.

  9. #39
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Why Hillary Clinton is going after voter ID laws?

    Watch and listen to Paul Weyrich an early leader in the conservative movement:



  10. #40
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Why Hillary Clinton is going after voter ID laws?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Yes, the wealth and power is concentrated at the top 1% to 5% of the population and they are overwhelmingly white. Thats just a fact.
    Not the point and not what you stated. Just another dodge around the truth. There was absolutely no need for Hillary to mention minorities at all in reference to voter ID laws other than for political race baiting. Again, voter ID laws may hinder the voting of some poor folks. But no more than they are already hindered in voting. That is not because of race, but because they have no home address to register and haven't the resources to get to the polling place.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •