Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 168

Thread: U.S. Expats Balk at Tax Law[W:82]

  1. #31
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: U.S. Expats Balk at Tax Law

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Quit trolling.
    Glad to see you still consider research, knowledge and expertise to be "trolling."

    Let me ask you this: Do you think that people should be allowed to hide taxable income and assets by putting them in foreign no questions asked banks who refuse to disclose information to the US government while everyone else pays their taxes legitimately?

    FYI, you should seriously start to consider researching topics before posting on them.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #32
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: U.S. Expats Balk at Tax Law

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Good riddance. I hope the door hit them in the ass on the way out.
    Yeah that's right....Just alienate the wealth of the country, and tax the rest, and we can all live in mud huts right?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #33
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,920

    Re: U.S. Expats Balk at Tax Law

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    We can't even enforce that on Mexican citizens...
    I am thinking of doing so I can be an illegal alien.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  4. #34
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: U.S. Expats Balk at Tax Law

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Glad to see you still consider research, knowledge and expertise to be "trolling."

    Let me ask you this: Do you think that people should be allowed to hide taxable income and assets by putting them in foreign no questions asked banks who refuse to disclose information to the US government while everyone else pays their taxes legitimately?

    FYI, you should seriously start to consider researching topics before posting on them.
    Whom do you think pays the bulk of Federal tax collection in this country? You OWSers with your jealousy really make me laugh....Of course I would prefer that taxes are lower so that everyone has no reason to hide money, short of that I applaud those whom have the means to hide it....It is theirs after all, not yours.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #35
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,465

    Re: U.S. Expats Balk at Tax Law

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yeah that's right....Just alienate the wealth of the country, and tax the rest, and we can all live in mud huts right?
    America love it or leave it. Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

  6. #36
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,920

    Re: U.S. Expats Balk at Tax Law

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Glad to see you still consider research, knowledge and expertise to be "trolling."

    Let me ask you this: Do you think that people should be allowed to hide taxable income and assets by putting them in foreign no questions asked banks who refuse to disclose information to the US government while everyone else pays their taxes legitimately?

    FYI, you should seriously start to consider researching topics before posting on them.
    As a former expat I do have some expertise on the situation. Most expats that are not in the country for if I remember correctly 330 days or so don't have to pay taxes on their income up to 97,000 this year. Considering the fact they don't really live in the country in the first place and depending on their income it may be vastly cheaper to not be a citizen hence why they do it. That and they are giving Uncle Sam the finger, which I always applaud.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  7. #37
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: U.S. Expats Balk at Tax Law

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    America love it or leave it. Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.
    Well, I have served this country, so if anyone is leaving it will be the lying progressives.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #38
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: U.S. Expats Balk at Tax Law

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    As a former expat I do have some expertise on the situation. Most expats that are not in the country for if I remember correctly 330 days or so don't have to pay taxes on their income up to 97,000 this year. Considering the fact they don't really live in the country in the first place and depending on their income it may be vastly cheaper to not be a citizen hence why they do it. That and they are giving Uncle Sam the finger, which I always applaud.
    Outstanding post! And I agree.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #39
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,465

    Re: U.S. Expats Balk at Tax Law

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, I have served this country, so if anyone is leaving it will be the lying progressives.
    No one is asking anyone to leave. I thought these turncoats were leaving on their own accord, renouncing citizenship. I'm saying we don't need people like them anyway. See ya, wouldn't want to be ya.

  10. #40
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,343

    Re: U.S. Expats Balk at Tax Law

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    So now foreign banks are refusing to open accts for US citizens?

    Make up stuff much?
    Well, no. I don't write for Der Spiegel: Reaction to US Tax Law: European Banks Stop Serving American Customers - SPIEGEL ONLINE

    This one is a bit newer, but not sure whether you consider numismatists to be biased: Foreign Banks Are Refusing Overseas Accounts for Americans :: Coin Info . com

    Or perhaps something a bit more mainstream from the US: European banks oust Americans

    It is ok to be ignorant about something but there is no reason to be snarky about it. Of course, you probably don't agree with Rule #4 of these Forums.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •