Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Results 161 to 168 of 168

Thread: U.S. Expats Balk at Tax Law[W:82]

  1. #161
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,641

    Re: U.S. Expats Balk at Tax Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I don't want foreigners of any ilk having any more impact on our society, economy, etc... than absolutely necessary. I don't want American citizens to be able to email, snail mail, phone, or skype with their non-American relatives.
    *que Twilight Zone music*
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  2. #162
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,793

    Re: U.S. Expats Balk at Tax Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    *que Twilight Zone music*
    There's an awful lot of people around here who don't live in the same reality as normal folks.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  3. #163
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,641

    Re: U.S. Expats Balk at Tax Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    There's an awful lot of people around here who don't live in the same reality as normal folks.
    I'm beginning to see that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  4. #164
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,315

    Re: U.S. Expats Balk at Tax Law[W:82]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I am well aware that most Americans don't agree with me. That's part of our problem in this country.

    : now that is funny stuff right there....let's not get carried away there tig...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: U.S. Expats Balk at Tax Law[W:82]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    And another truism coming to pass...When you unfairly try to go after the wealthy and tax their success they just leave because they can afford to do so...So who's next in the progressive push for so called "income justice"? Well, it would have to be the middle class....and they can't afford to run....Buckle up people.
    More evidence that the rich hate America and only want to exploit it for money.

    And more evidence that conservatives aren't patriots. It's all about what they can get.

  6. #166
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,315

    Re: U.S. Expats Balk at Tax Law[W:82]

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    More evidence that the rich hate America and only want to exploit it for money.

    And more evidence that conservatives aren't patriots. It's all about what they can get.
    More evidence that the statist hate success and only want to take what was never theirs to take.

    And more evidence that statists aren't Americans, it's about tearing down this country.

    See how that works?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: U.S. Expats Balk at Tax Law[W:82]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    : now that is funny stuff right there....let's not get carried away there tig...
    If you don't believe the country would be better off if everyone agreed with you, then that says something unpleasant about your view of your own socio-political philosophy.

  8. #168
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,315

    Re: U.S. Expats Balk at Tax Law[W:82]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    If you don't believe the country would be better off if everyone agreed with you, then that says something unpleasant about your view of your own socio-political philosophy.
    *shakes head*
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •