Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 403

Thread: Tenn. judge changes infant's name from 'Messiah'

  1. #341
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Tenn. judge changes infant's name from 'Messiah'

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Optimism is nice but it's not realistic considering there is no "social security account" - the government is paying individuals straight up out the treasury because they borrow and spend accumulated social security as quick as they collect it..

    Social security should be individualized and government should NOT be allowed to borrow any of it..... However it's too late for a rational and solvent solution to the social security problem.

    The only way to fix the program would be to start from scratch...
    I don't know too much about the SS program but I remember arguing about it with someone here on DP before, and they told me that what you stated above isn't the case. I don't know what to believe about SS anymore. We have people who say it's fine and others who say it's on the verge of collapse.

  2. #342
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Tenn. judge changes infant's name from 'Messiah'

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    It's also a problem that we have people that scam SS so that they don't have to work when some of them are perfectly capable of working. I had neighbors who were a married older couple in their mid to late 40s, BOTH collecting social security disability, both seemed perfectly capable of working to me. They did plenty of work around their yard and home.
    IMO, I think individuals should have the right to waive their social security checks for "tax breaks" if they feel they don't need the income when they're eligible ...

    That would help a TON....

  3. #343
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Tenn. judge changes infant's name from 'Messiah'

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    IMO, I think individuals should have the right to waive their social security checks for "tax breaks" if they feel they don't need the income when they're eligible ...

    That would help a TON....
    That sounds like a good idea, and also they really need to crack down on the waste and fraud. Seems like a lot of people want to make light of that for some reason.

  4. #344
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Tenn. judge changes infant's name from 'Messiah'

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I don't know too much about the SS program but I remember arguing about it with someone here on DP before, and they told me that what you stated above isn't the case. I don't know what to believe about SS anymore. We have people who say it's fine and others who say it's on the verge of collapse.
    It absolutely is the case...

    There is no such thing as a "social security" account (like a bank account)....

    Our government operates pretty much like a retard that cant balance their own checking account...

    Why you think most of the long standing members of the house and senate (regardless of political affiliation) are so opposed to an audit???

    And audit would show clearly that the US is completely bankrupt and that they have been paying everyone who gets benefits with monopoly money for the past 15 years (potentially or more likely longer)...

  5. #345
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Tenn. judge changes infant's name from 'Messiah'

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    It absolutely is the case...

    There is no such thing as a "social security" account (like a bank account)....

    Our government operates pretty much like a retard that cant balance their own checking account...

    Why you think most of the long standing members of the house and senate (regardless of political affiliation) are so opposed to an audit???

    And audit would show clearly that the US is completely bankrupt and that they have been paying everyone who gets benefits with monopoly money for the past 15 years (potentially or more likely longer)...
    Sorry, but I hope you're wrong. That sounds pretty ominous to me.

  6. #346
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Tenn. judge changes infant's name from 'Messiah'

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    That sounds like a good idea, and also they really need to crack down on the waste and fraud. Seems like a lot of people want to make light of that for some reason.
    Fraud should be mandatory prison time regardless of a plea bargain or not...

    A good sentence would be a month for every $1,000 stolen. They can reduce their time by paying the money back via working prison jobs at federal minimum wage...

    Of course that would be just too logical of a solution for our federal/state government(s).

  7. #347
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Tenn. judge changes infant's name from 'Messiah'

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Fraud should be mandatory prison time regardless of a plea bargain or not...

    A good sentence would be a month for every $1,000 stolen. They can reduce their time by paying the money back via working prison jobs at federal minimum wage...

    Of course that would be just too logical of a solution for our federal/state government(s).
    Of course! It would be "cruel and unusual" punishment in liberalville to make someone work off a debt to society.

  8. #348
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Tenn. judge changes infant's name from 'Messiah'

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Sorry, but I hope you're wrong. That sounds pretty ominous to me.
    If it wasn't true no one in our congress would object to an audit...

    Usually businesses audit themselves just to make sure finances are in order -- when was the last time our federal government has been audited??? never.

    The reason for that is because they don't need an audit - they print spend and burn as needed...

    There are so many problems with that - especially in this current job/economic crisis.

    In reality your dollar is backed by workforce (instead of gold) which in turn creates spending power/capital - both of which go back into the economy and back your dollar...

    The problem with our present economy is that we have too much money floating around and too few jobs - in short the balance is whacky hence our money is worth a lot less hence inflation. That's why oil and other commodities are so much.

  9. #349
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Tenn. judge changes infant's name from 'Messiah'

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    If it wasn't true no one in our congress would object to an audit...

    Usually businesses audit themselves just to make sure finances are in order -- when was the last time our federal government has been audited??? never.

    The reason for that is because they don't need an audit - they print spend and burn as needed...

    There are so many problems with that - especially in this current job/economic crisis.

    In reality your dollar is backed by workforce (instead of gold) which in turn creates spending power/capital - both of which go back into the economy and back your dollar...

    The problem with our present economy is that we have too much money floating around and too few jobs - in short the balance is whacky hence our money is worth a lot less hence inflation. That's why oil and other commodities are so much.
    I agree, they definitely need to put a check on their horrible wasteful spending habits. It's like most of our politicians just don't even care. Probably too busy playing golf, going on vacations, sexting pictures of their wieners to unsuspecting women, and screwing around with interns.

  10. #350
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Tenn. judge changes infant's name from 'Messiah'

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Of course! It would be "cruel and unusual" punishment in liberalville to make someone work off a debt to society.
    At the same time - Our present social entitlement/welfare programs (I suppose I would exclude ss from this considering people actually paid into the program) are absolute jokes to begin with...

    IMO - SS should be abolished as well as 90% of government social spending.

    The more the government grows the less money we have to spend to fuel the private sector economy, because it costs money to grow government. Evey law they pass costs $$$ to enforce, every agency they create costs $$$ to staff and operate...

    That means our taxes go up and up...

    Of course that kills jobs because the costs go up and up to the business owner and the consumer...

    This government knows this but doesn't care........ The end result of our governments ever growing "black hole" is that it will eat up the private sector and we will have no other choice but to turn to communism - which is what progressives want - they know this...

    Sorry for digressing but that is the truth...

Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •