Page 96 of 159 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 960 of 1584

Thread: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

  1. #951
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    So you say that Bush is not responsible for the crash of 2008. It is out there. Obama has a terrible recovery after less than 5 years and he is not be given the last 3 + years in your mind or a non-sabotaging GOP from the beginning. Check. And shove your civics class.
    Less than 5 years? Obama said he had the answers and people like you believed him. We had a worse recession in 81-82 and were out of it in 2 due to great leadership, a concept you don't seem to understand. The recession of December 2007-2009 happened under Bush and the poor recovery happened under Obama thus both are on their record.

  2. #952
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Never be honest to a sleazy conservative who looks in one direction for blame.
    Bye, NIMBY, you aren't worth th effort, totally intellectually dishonest and a typical Obamabot.

  3. #953
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Therefore Bush had only 7 budgets in 8 years and gets to dodge the last one since McCain hit the pause button. Got it. I get your thinking that Obama should have to have five deficits in 4 years. Now, back to that private-sector job bar graph.
    McCain didn't prevent the 2009 budget, the Congress under Democrat control did as the Democrats were more interested in regaining the WH than doing their job. You really need a civics class. You are a perfect example of an Obamabot.

  4. #954
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Noone should have been able to cause this disaster. It lies with the GOP House, the worst in modern times with the greatest filibusters in our history. We get it.
    LOL, The House doesn't have a filibuster rule so no you don't get it at all but we do. You are a typical Obama supporter

  5. #955
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,306

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, The House doesn't have a filibuster rule so no you don't get it at all but we do. You are a typical Obama supporter
    No, no, no Conservative, he's a "Centrist" (cue the chorus of angels) because he probably voted for Eisenhower once, no matter that every President, every Senator, every Congressman, every local official, every dog catcher since under his vote has had a (D) next to their name on the ballot. He considers himself a centrist because he thinks that liberal progressive morays are mainstream, and therefore, since the delusion of everyone thinking like him is so strong, he proclaims centrism.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #956
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Just as a matter of fact, a centrist could support Obama. Could support any specific action. Centrist doesn't mean I hate everyone or no one. It means overall an approach or believe that is mostly in the middle. Some who is anti abortion but pro UHC might well be a centrist.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #957
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Just as a matter of fact, a centrist could support Obama. Could support any specific action. Centrist doesn't mean I hate everyone or no one. It means overall an approach or believe that is mostly in the middle. Some who is anti abortion but pro UHC might well be a centrist.
    Wrong, a true centrist would look at the record and make a judgment according and since Obama has a leftwing record or no record at all, no centrist could ever vote for Obama. He is a far left ideologue and evidenced by his voting record and performance.

  8. #958
    Guru
    Diogenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    10-11-13 @ 06:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,980

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    On reason I don;t much mind the eavesdropping is that we should give people rope until they start talking about blowing stuff up or shooting people dead. My understanding is that the Fort Hood nut, an American born Citizen, was talking crazy stuff long before he went off. I'm not sure about the brothers Tsanaev. If there were warning signs before the Marathon bombing, I am not aware of them. Either way, if NSA wants to read my mail sniffing for bomb plots, of I'm keeping in touch with crazies in Yemen or speaking with others who are, then I'm cool with it.
    We agree at least partly on that. Political correctness kept the army from stopping Hassan from his rampage, and the excuse (a poor one, at that) for the Tsarnaev brothers was that the name was misspelled when they re-entered the country. Metadata collection, by itself, is analogous to the cop walking a beat in a public area: he's not investigating any crime, he is looking for suspicious behavior. In either case there is the possibility of abuse as evidenced by the recent ruling in NYC about stop and frisk, and public acceptance of the surveillance depends a great deal on public trust in the officials collecting the data. Unfortunately, the Obama scandals have become so widespread that it is difficult to trust any federal agency anymore.
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
    - Abraham Lincoln

  9. #959
    Guru
    Diogenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    10-11-13 @ 06:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,980

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Noone should have been able to cause this disaster. It lies with the GOP House, the worst in modern times with the greatest filibusters in our history. We get it.
    The disaster was caused by the Pelosi House and the Reid Senate. Pelosi is gone, which is progress, but Reid is still there and (along with Obama) the greatest obstacle to a full economic recovery.
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
    - Abraham Lincoln

  10. #960
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Wrong, a true centrist would look at the record and make a judgment according and since Obama has a leftwing record or no record at all, no centrist could ever vote for Obama. He is a far left ideologue and evidenced by his voting record and performance.
    Who says he hasn't? Maybe he understands better than you do?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •