Page 7 of 159 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 1584

Thread: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

  1. #61
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,066

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    What's with Wingnuts and their insistence on putting a "K" where there should be a "C"? Do they not realize how stupid it makes them look? Nobody takes serious a post that calls America "AmeriKa" or Obamacare "ObamaKare". WTF?
    kalm down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #62
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,033

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I stripped out all the misdirection gobbledegook because I want to address this one small part of your post that interests me.

    A couple of questions for you:

    1. Do you think that people do not have access to affordable health care? Is there someone...somewhere...telling a person who has the money and wants to buy some health care that they can't have it?

    2. What do you consider affordable? Do you think someone who earns minimum wage and has a family of four should be able to have health care when he has no means to pay for it? Or do you want that health care to cost something next to zero so he can afford it?

    3. Do you think the government should provide the health care that guy wants? If so, where does the government get the money to pay for it? And what happens if the government doesn't have the money? Does the government then restrict the health care that guy gets? Or would you rather the government just borrow more money or print more money?
    And thats really the debate that we havent had yet. Whether the govt has the power to spend taxmoney on healthcare, and whether the states would even vote to give them that power. I dont think they do. The federal govt does not pay for people to have water, food (generally), housing (generally), or clothing. Why is healthcare different?

  3. #63
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,066

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by wbcoleman View Post
    So why didn't they vote in single payer? Because THEY DIDN'T HAVE THE VOTES. And why didn't they have the votes? Because THE COUNTRY DOESN'T WANT IT. So what does one make of a scheme to secure an outcome which the country doesn't want by wrecking the existing insurance market and then presenting the necessity of single payer as a fait accompli?
    you seem to be falling under the delusion that if congress doesn't want something then that means america didn't want it. that's a whole lot of faith you have in a congress with the lowest approval rating in history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  4. #64
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,066

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    If that is what "the people" wanted then why did the demorats replace that "wanted UHC" with the PPACA mess that we now must endure? Could it be the simple fact that Medicare is grossly underfunded, even while not allowing any benefits until age 65? You cannot fund 18% of the US economy with a 2% to 9.5% tax.
    a more reasonable explanation would be because many dems get their campaign funding from insurance companies just like the GOP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  5. #65
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    you seem to be falling under the delusion that if congress doesn't want something then that means america didn't want it. that's a whole lot of faith you have in a congress with the lowest approval rating in history.
    If you look at the politics of Summer, 2009, and again the politics of Summer and Fall, 2010, I think it's real, REAL hard to argue that political support for the passage of Obamacare existed. Quite the contrary!
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

  6. #66
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Again with the personal attacks eh? Seems a pattern with you.
    Attacking what you say is not a personal attack...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #67
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,066

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by wbcoleman View Post
    If you look at the politics of Summer, 2009, and again the politics of Summer and Fall, 2010, I think it's real, REAL hard to argue that political support for the passage of Obamacare existed. Quite the contrary!
    well by your logic congress passed it because people wanted it. that's not my logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  8. #68
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    well by your logic congress passed it because people wanted it. that's not my logic.
    By my logic, Congress passed it because Nancy Pelosi and Dingy Harry steamrollered it through over the objections, not only of the American people, but of their own members, many of whom [in the House] wound up losing their seats as a result.
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

  9. #69
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,033

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by wbcoleman View Post
    By my logic, Congress passed it because Nancy Pelosi and Dingy Harry steamrollered it through over the objections, not only of the American people, but of their own members, many of whom [in the House] wound up losing their seats as a result.
    Which is why I dont support majority rule. Or even 60% majorities. Significant changes should have nearly unanimous support, not just one party support.

  10. #70
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Which is why I dont support majority rule. Or even 60% majorities. Significant changes should have nearly unanimous support, not just one party support.
    Hey, the Democrats had 60% support or close to in BOTH houses and they STILL had to sweat blood to get the scheme passed!
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

Page 7 of 159 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •