Page 62 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 1584

Thread: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

  1. #611
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, name calling and being snarky doesn't make you accurate. Sorry. There is no reason quality has to suffer. We're only talking about a payer.
    No name calling, just reality. You can give everyone in the country healthcare coverage and not assure they can find a doctor or get into a doctor's office. that is the problem with UHC, total coverage but inability to service the people thus more ER usage

  2. #612
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Private insurance is now somewhat of an oxymoron considering that the PPACA law now defines, via gov't fiat, what constitutes a compliant "private" medical care insurance policy, sets (minmum and maximum) coverage standards and even levies a tax/fine if one is not covered by such a policy.
    Largely it improves the lower end. That's not bad.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #613
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No name calling, just reality. You can give everyone in the country healthcare coverage and not assure they can find a doctor or get into a doctor's office. that is the problem with UHC, total coverage but inability to service the people thus more ER usage
    Thats just not true.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #614
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Thats just not true.
    Yes, it is true and that is why ER usage is up in states with UHC and I would have thought someone of your superior intelligence would know that

  5. #615
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Generally. Many are uninsured. Others are seriously under insured. And yes, some have excellent insurance. Overall, if we averaged, Medicare would hold up pretty well. And that's with them being asked to handle the population most likely to be I'll or injured.

    But it doesn't have to be either or. A two tiered system would allow for those with money to buy more. The wealthy will always be able to buy more. Only with this the working poor would have adequate care.
    That seems like a lot of assumption on your part....Medicare is about $42 Trillion in unfunded liability, and doctors even before this pile of steaming dung Obamacare, they were refusing new patients...How do you think that would be if we just slammed everyone onto Medicare?

    Obama: "You can keep your own doctor" = LIE

    Obama: "You can keep your insurance" = LIE

    ETC!
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #616
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,580

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Largely it improves the lower end. That's not bad.
    What are you talking about? Are you asserting that income based subsidies (income redistribution) is the magical fix to grant "access to" all necessary goods and services? All have "access to" grocery stores, in fact, most are expected to actually pay for the cost of their purchases made in these private establishments (by *gasp* earning/saving the money to do so) but some are now given a special privilege, based largely upon economic need (actually, personal failure to meet that economic need) to have others pay for some (or all) of their purchases in these grocery stores.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  7. #617
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,654

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    No. You are not that far from liberal. A bit left of it perhaps.
    Na. You're just moved so far to the Right, you can't see out of your left eye anymore.

  8. #618
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,654

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    You say it was. The article you linked says no. LOL.

    I'll stick with the article. Next time, pay attention to what you link. Maybe you won't make yourself look so stupid.
    So, you admit that you can't ****ing read. Good to know.

    FYI: The article clearly stated that it did not include all costs associated with military spending.

  9. #619
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,654

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The total budget of the United States was over 3.5 trillion dollars so what is your point? Do you understand what "Provide for the Common Defense" means? Please let me know when you figure it out? Your 200 billion dollar target for defense of this country out of a 3.5 trillion dollars just goes to show how naive you really are. Maybe we could use you to negotiate with radical Islam?
    Unlike you and your ilk, I'm not afraid of a bunch of misfits riding on the backs of camels.

  10. #620
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That seems like a lot of assumption on your part....Medicare is about $42 Trillion in unfunded liability, and doctors even before this pile of steaming dung Obamacare, they were refusing new patients...How do you think that would be if we just slammed everyone onto Medicare?

    Obama: "You can keep your own doctor" = LIE

    Obama: "You can keep your insurance" = LIE

    ETC!
    I linked for you a while back that Medicare isn't as bad off as reported. Yes, they are asked to do a lot. More than envisioned with an aging population. It's a serious problem. But you misread the this. You think giving them care, which has improved the lives if the elderly immensely is too huge a burden. We could try to figure out a better way, which, btw, would be helped by going to a UHC system.

    And as is the common practice on these sites, you're exaggerating the problem. Some have refused patients. But the elderly still get care. Doctors are not going broke. Not here. Not in Canada. Not in Great Britain. Not in France.

    And I care less if you like Obama. Bush lies never bothered you, so such talk by you is just partisan. What I have been talking about here is what I prefer and about Obama in any way. So, say the typing. You have no audience here for the partisan silliness.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •