Page 56 of 159 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 1584

Thread: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

  1. #551
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,263

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    $1.4 Trillion in Defense Spending is $1.4 Trillion in Defense Spending. How can you say NSA and Homeland Security is not defense? Talk about a disingenuous argument.
    Because it isn't part of the Defense Budget that you are railing against. You have a problem with NSA and Homeland Security then get "your" President to do something about it. The defense budget is 700 billion dollars and that is reality.

  2. #552
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Was the issue raised when Bush was in office? I wasn't even here then so how would you know my position?
    It's an issue now. Has been throughout the Obama tenure. Republicans have been quite obstructionist. Where have you been?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #553
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]



    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And your skewed, biased, partisan ideology doesn't allow you to see that you have been brainwashed

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #554
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,934

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The House passed a number of bills that are sitting in Harry Reid's desk, why? We aren't talking about different versions. We are talking about Harry Reid being the obstructionist
    I am willing to discuss the merits of each individual bill the house has sent to the senate.

    So tell me what bills are you angry at Harry Reid for not bringing up for a vote.

  5. #555
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,263

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It's an issue now. Has been throughout the Obama tenure. Republicans have been quite obstructionist. Where have you been?
    Your opinion noted, Obama couldn't get his own party to agree on legislation and had a filibuster proof Senate part of his first term. Try to focus, why is Harry Reid holding up House passed bills and isn't that being an obstructionist?

  6. #556
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,263

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    I am willing to discuss the merits of each individual bill the house has sent to the senate.

    So tell me what bills are you angry at Harry Reid for not bringing up for a vote.

    Do the research at ABC.com and find out which bills he is holding up. This isn't the time or the place or the thread for that. The issue is, is it obstructionist to hold up bills passed by the House and sitting in Reid's desk? Whether you want to debate the merits or not is irrelevant. that is for the Senate to do if Reid let's those bills get to the floor.

  7. #557
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    The wiki link I posted showed the US spending over $1.4T per year on defense. That is rounds off to 1.5 Trillion, in my book.

    AW, wiki link. Now I see clearly the stunt you tried to pull off and failed at.

    On page 43 of this thread where you linked the article from the Washington Post that proved you to be wrong and Conservative correct, you slipped in a list from wiki that listed everything but the kitchen sink and you called it defense spending. Of course you didn't cite the list as being from wiki, you just assumed (that word will make an ASS out of U but not ME or conservative) nobody would read the article from the Post and think the list was part of it. Guess what chief? I did read the article. You got caught. I was wondering why I didn't see that list in the article that you linked and thought something was very fishy about it.

    You have no creditability on anything. Junior High School kids know better than to do what you tried to do. Except for the dumb ones.

  8. #558
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Your opinion noted, Obama couldn't get his own party to agree on legislation and had a filibuster proof Senate part of his first term. Try to focus, why is Harry Reid holding up House passed bills and isn't that being an obstructionist?
    I know you want tunnel vision, but that obstructs the real view from your eyes. You miss a lot.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #559
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,589

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Because it isn't part of the Defense Budget that you are railing against. You have a problem with NSA and Homeland Security then get "your" President to do something about it. The defense budget is 700 billion dollars and that is reality.
    Bush invented Homeland Security. You all are still running away from him. Aren't ya?

  10. #560
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,589

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    AW, wiki link. Now I see clearly the stunt you tried to pull off and failed at.

    On page 43 of this thread where you linked the article from the Washington Post that proved you to be wrong and Conservative correct, you slipped in a list from wiki that listed everything but the kitchen sink and you called it defense spending. Of course you didn't cite the list as being from wiki, you just assumed (that word will make an ASS out of U but not ME or conservative) nobody would read the article from the Post and think the list was part of it. Guess what chief? I did read the article. You got caught. I was wondering why I didn't see that list in the article that you linked and thought something was very fishy about it.

    You have no creditability on anything. Junior High School kids know better than to do what you tried to do. Except for the dumb ones.
    It's not a "slip in" when both sources and corresponding quotes are posted in the same post. THe Wa Po article stated that their number did not include all costs. I simply supplemented that article with the Wiki link to show where the hidden costs were.

    BTW: Learn some English.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •